Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Chav Land

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2005, 07:32 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chav Land

My mum got a good deal on her mates Caravan at 'Flamingo Land' for the week, so thats where we have been, and extra holiday for the kids in a theme park (the theme must have been Chav this week) dont get me wrong I am really grateful and it was kind of fun in parts but jesus did I feel the odd one out in there.

My kids (all boys) have hair
I have hair
My wife's hair is not peroxide
My wife generally covers her breasts in public (at least when I am around)
I have no Tattoos and neither does my wife or kids
My wife does not wear 25 kilos of Argos Jewellry
My wife's earrings could not have a Seal jump through them.
I dont wear earrings
We use Dustbins to put our litter in
None of us smoke, even the kids.
I cannot gob to save my life
We eat vegatables
Our car does not have Lexus lights
We dont drive round at 7 am listening to Akon being lonely at full blast
We are neither 5 stone or 30 stone.
We dont tell the kids to 'Shut the f*ck up'
None of us possess any kind of football shirt
Our evening meal choice is not just Rustlers or Pot Noodle.
I rarely drink Stella before 9 am.
We occcasionally read books, I got funny looks in the shop when I bought one !

I know its just people having fun on holiday and I could be accused of being a snob and god knows I am nothing special but it was a little disconcerting at first and did make me a bit worried that the whole have Britain had Chav tendencies but a wander round the National Rail Museum confirmed that normal people are still alive and well, busy avoiding Flamingoland.

The best dressed people there were the Asian ones, it was just a bit of a pity they didnt really 'get' the queue concept, they just bowled up to the front of the queues and jibbed in, this isnt a racial slur, I am not having a dig, its just an observation. I did get a bit annoyed and told one family that I wasnt impressed with them queue jumping, I just got some evil looks and some jabbering, I tried to be pleasant and explain the situation but she wasnt having any I gave up when some angry Geordie lads told them to sling their hook, it was all getting a bit fraught and I was worried that one of these lads would turn it into a racial incident. Its funny though, I saw the same thing happening a few times with Asian people, I was just wondering whether its a cultural thing ?
Old 19 August 2005, 08:48 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J4CKO
My mum got a good deal on her mates Caravan at 'Flamingo Land' for the week, so thats where we have been, and extra holiday for the kids in a theme park (the theme must have been Chav this week) dont get me wrong I am really grateful and it was kind of fun in parts but jesus did I feel the odd one out in there.

I have hair
I dont wear earrings
We eat vegatables

I know its just people having fun on holiday and I could be accused of being a snob and god knows I am nothing special but it was a little disconcerting at first and did make me a bit worried that the whole have Britain had Chav tendencies but a wander round the National Rail Museum confirmed that normal people are still alive and well, busy avoiding Flamingoland.

The best dressed people there were the Asian ones, it was just a bit of a pity they didnt really 'get' the queue concept, they just bowled up to the front of the queues and jibbed in, this isnt a racial slur, I am not having a dig, its just an observation. I did get a bit annoyed and told one family that I wasnt impressed with them queue jumping, I just got some evil looks and some jabbering, I tried to be pleasant and explain the situation but she wasnt having any I gave up when some angry Geordie lads told them to sling their hook, it was all getting a bit fraught and I was worried that one of these lads would turn it into a racial incident. Its funny though, I saw the same thing happening a few times with Asian people, I was just wondering whether its a cultural thing ?
what do you expect,, your in pc britian,, as the ethnic majority, you are of a far lower caste, than all our ethnic minoritys, therefore it is there right to push you to the back of the que

M
Old 19 August 2005, 09:20 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

I made the mistake of going to Lakeside yesterday. Hadn't been in about 5 years. It's Chav central now -- there are only three types of shops:
1) Sportswear shops (to buy your football shirts in)
2) Mobile phone shops
3) Cheap jewellery shops
Old 19 August 2005, 09:39 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360
what do you expect,, your in pc britian,, as the ethnic majority, you are of a far lower caste, than all our ethnic minoritys, therefore it is there right to push you to the back of the que

M

There you go again! More ****e. Why do you have to try to turn an observational thread into a racial one? You're the one with the race issues, no one else has.

Now shut up!

Asif

Last edited by AsifScoob; 19 August 2005 at 09:41 PM.
Old 19 August 2005, 09:41 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

I have hair
I dont wear earrings
We eat vegatables

Perhaps they were tourists Jacko? People from the old country dont know about queuing i'm afraid.

If they were not tourists and are from here - then they are just rude and ill mannered, bad luck mate.

Asif
Old 19 August 2005, 09:51 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Yup, it's quite possible they aren't aware of some aspects of British culture that we find normal, queueing etc.

I work with a lot of Chinese and Indian engineers, I've had to attend cultural awareness training to prepare me for this.

The chinese will often rudely butt into conversations (normal in China), and talk over you if you're giving a presentation etc. They're also quite happy to drop some pretty awful farts in meetings and the canteen at lunchtime.

The Indians do some weird stuff in the bogs, like if they have a blocked nose they don't blow it with a tissue - they snort water up their nose from their hands and spit it out in the sink.

It's a bit weird if you're not expecting it.

Then again, it wouldn't kill some visitors to this country to read up about cultural awareness themselves.
Old 19 August 2005, 10:05 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Oh but we're a lovely PC country who should just accept the ways of other cultures and it's bad form to expect them to change their ways and adapt or adopt the cultures of the country they are now living in.

You're in our country, be aware of what is and is not culturally acceptble, I'm sure you'd want us to do the same if we were living in your country.
Old 19 August 2005, 10:17 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Yep, dont want a slanging match, it wasnt a queue (sorry) for any kind of racial unpleasantness, I was just interested why they felt that it was acceptable to barge into a queue, there were some pretty rough looking standard white people there and they managed to queue, most of the kids spent their time smoking, I kid you not, 10/12 year olds smoking ffs and spitting onto the floor, charming !

I do think if those Asian people are to live here they do need to adapt, especially when not doing so involves offending some rather scary looking Geordies, thats just common sense.
Old 19 August 2005, 10:36 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
You're in our country, be aware of what is and is not culturally acceptble, I'm sure you'd want us to do the same if we were living in your country.
So what do you do when you're living in someone else's country, Markus? Do you fit in with the Canadians, or does everyone think you're quirky because you're British? Do you still drink "proper" tea?
Old 19 August 2005, 10:38 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Yep, dont want a slanging match, it wasnt a queue (sorry) for any kind of racial unpleasantness, I was just interested why they felt that it was acceptable to barge into a queue, there were some pretty rough looking standard white people there and they managed to queue, most of the kids spent their time smoking, I kid you not, 10/12 year olds smoking ffs and spitting onto the floor, charming !

I do think if those Asian people are to live here they do need to adapt, especially when not doing so involves offending some rather scary looking Geordies, thats just common sense.
I agree, but as I said depends whether they were living here, or were tourists.

Did you get a feel for if they were UK based or tourists Jacko? Might settle the 'arguement'.

Perhaps foreign if they cant spot 'nasty Geordies' from a distance?

Asif
Old 19 August 2005, 10:40 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
Oh but we're a lovely PC country who should just accept the ways of other cultures and it's bad form to expect them to change their ways and adapt or adopt the cultures of the country they are now living in.

Is the 'you're' comment directed at me or is this a general rant at the internet?
Old 20 August 2005, 12:01 AM
kammy
Scooby Regular

Wake up my friends, everyone is a to$$er these days, I could not care where they are from. From Chavs to Sloanes, I couldnt give a monkies who or what they are/do aslong as im ok.

Kam
Old 20 August 2005, 06:28 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

forgive my naievity (sp?), but what is a "Sloane"?

Dan
Old 20 August 2005, 06:48 PM
djuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iwan
The Indians do some weird stuff in the bogs, like if they have a blocked nose they don't blow it with a tissue - they snort water up their nose from their hands and spit it out in the sink.

It's a bit weird if you're not expecting it.
I've seen this a couple of times in the bogs at work from our Indian contractors, you're quite right it caughty me thoroughly by suprise
Old 20 August 2005, 06:51 PM
Mrs WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
forgive my naievity (sp?), but what is a "Sloane"?

Dan
It is a rich person. The women speak very posh and wore pearls. Think Fergie (married to the Duke of York, not the footie coach) and that is a Sloane.
Old 20 August 2005, 07:13 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Thankyou and goodnight

Dan
Old 20 August 2005, 08:18 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

howay the lads

Last edited by StickyMicky; 20 August 2005 at 08:23 PM. Reason: fecked the cool smiley up :D
Old 20 August 2005, 09:25 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

I wouldnt have even bothered to stay for the first day, let alone stick it for a week.

Snob, and proud of it
Old 21 August 2005, 10:14 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Mate of mine who rarely plans his family holiday, took them to "Maplins" somewhere in this country.

Took all day to get there, and once they'd checked in (about 7pm), they managed to "survive", or tolerate the place until about Midnight!!! Packed up and came home!!!

Strangely enough, he hasn't been asked to organise the family holiday since..........

Dan
Old 21 August 2005, 10:19 AM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
Mate of mine who rarely plans his family holiday, took them to "Maplins" somewhere in this country.

Took all day to get there, and once they'd checked in (about 7pm), they managed to "survive", or tolerate the place until about Midnight!!! Packed up and came home!!!

Strangely enough, he hasn't been asked to organise the family holiday since..........

Dan
LOL...@ "Maplins".....

Why stay in a place full of pond life? may as well just spend a week walking round Netto.
Old 21 August 2005, 10:21 AM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Agree, Uk is turning into chavsville, thank god I sold the scoob lol
Old 21 August 2005, 10:44 AM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Did something similar this year, booked into Searls at Hunstanton and it was Chav City.

Only lasted two nights and moved to a place inside the Queens estate at Sandringham with squirels and birds feeding outside you door.

Can't believe how two places can be so close yet so different.

Cheers
Lee
Old 21 August 2005, 11:22 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Bit of an eye-opener isn't it J4CKO!

Les
Old 21 August 2005, 12:40 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Damn right it is Les, dont know why the British public feel the need to be so skanky, they seem to revel in Broken Glass, Phelgm, Graffiti, Rubbish, Dog **** and fast food.

I mean, like I said, I am nothing special, we have a nice house in a good area but I hail from Moss Side via Wythenshawe in Manchester, I am under no illusions as to what I am, a working bloke with a family, I am not posh and neither am I a social climber. I just try to get on with it, with a little consideration for other people, its not hard to do and I know its easy to say from a leafy suburb but why do people have to drag an area down, yesterdays **** hole is tomorrows desirable location, why spray your name on a wall to make your mark when planting a few trees and flowers looks so much nicer, imagine it, gangs of hoodies planting shrubs and trying to get one up on another crew by planting rarer and more beautiful plants, respect, innit.

Aint going to happen when all they do is drink Carling, eat McDonalds (should ban the company and starve the scumbags), wreck stuff and claim hand outs to spend on beer and junk food, perhaps some earings for Chavette with a radius similar to the wheels on 50 Cents Escalcade.