Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ebay - negative feedback question...

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2005, 09:40 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay - negative feedback question...

I want to leave some negative feedback for some t*sser who ripped me off on Ebay, but if I leave him a negative, can he then leave me a negative?

Or will leaving him a negative feedback comment first mean he isnt able to leave feedback for me??
Old 19 August 2005, 09:42 AM
monty baber
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
I want to leave some negative feedback for some t*sser who ripped me off on Ebay, but if I leave him a negative, can he then leave me a negative?

Or will leaving him a negative feedback comment first mean he isnt able to leave feedback for me??
My experience is that he will then give you bad feedback, it really annoys me it should be compulsary to give buyers feedback within a certain time after payment, if you've paid then you get good feedback easy as that but lots wait until they see theres
Old 19 August 2005, 09:49 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I got really messed around by a seller and in my naivety gave them NEUTRAL feedback (rather than negative). I duly received negative feedback which was basically a bunch of lies. You can comment on their feedback once but the damage is done. Complained to e-bay but, of course, nothing. Stupid system. My advice is say nothing. dl
Old 19 August 2005, 09:54 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Thats crap

No wonder there are so many scammers selling on Ebay, they make it easy for them. I suppose Ebay dont really care as they get their listing fees and sale fees (and usually massive Paypal fees ontop) whatever happens
Old 19 August 2005, 09:55 AM
monty baber
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
Thats crap

No wonder there are so many scammers selling on Ebay, they make it easy for them. I suppose Ebay dont really care as they get their listing fees and sale fees (and usually massive Paypal fees ontop) whatever happens
very true m8 its t*ss
Old 19 August 2005, 10:00 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I'd leave them negative feedback. They are likely to leave you negative feedback too.

But the point of feedback is not just the score. People look into the details. If the chap that has left you negative feedback has lots of negative feedback himself they will not value his comments.

You cannot keep a 100% rating forever. Someone at some point will leave you some, for some reason or other - regardless if its your fault or not.
Old 19 August 2005, 10:05 AM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
I'd leave them negative feedback. They are likely to leave you negative feedback too.

But the point of feedback is not just the score. People look into the details. If the chap that has left you negative feedback has lots of negative feedback himself they will not value his comments.

You cannot keep a 100% rating forever. Someone at some point will leave you some, for some reason or other - regardless if its your fault or not.
You could request that -ve feedback be removed if its in-accurate under the terms of the data protection act, whereby data stored about a person must be accurate and up to date. Not sure if the use of pseudonyms creates a loop hole here or not because the negative feedback will be about BigJohn52 as opposed to Mr John Smith.

TT
Old 19 August 2005, 10:10 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

cant you wait until like the 60th day after the transaction to leave a negative feedback, that way by the time the other party involved has realised theyre gonna be too late to leave you feedback. Jus a thought.
Old 19 August 2005, 10:14 AM
monty baber
Scooby Regular

Its a sad fact that in order to keep my feedback 100% I have had to refrain from giving any negative feedback no matter how bad the ebayer

sad fact is that people with little or no feedback have nothing to lose but when your record gets very good you have everything

there must be a better way?, on the point of having negative feedback removed a friend gave negative feedback and he was asked by ebay whether it could be removed to which he replied no, so it remained
Old 19 August 2005, 10:51 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by monty baber
Its a sad fact that in order to keep my feedback 100% I have had to refrain from giving any negative feedback no matter how bad the ebayer

sad fact is that people with little or no feedback have nothing to lose but when your record gets very good you have everything

there must be a better way?, on the point of having negative feedback removed a friend gave negative feedback and he was asked by ebay whether it could be removed to which he replied no, so it remained
What if it was a condition of registering on e-bay that you had to accept that to leave feedback you agreed that if you left negative and the recipient objected you would be bound to accept an e-bay decision on whether this was valid or not. Both parties would have to present the facts and you would have to pay a fee to e-bay (say £10?) to cover their costs. If it couldn't be determined if feedback was legitimate then, by default, it would be removed. Or something like that
Old 19 August 2005, 01:10 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by davegtt
cant you wait until like the 60th day after the transaction to leave a negative feedback, that way by the time the other party involved has realised theyre gonna be too late to leave you feedback. Jus a thought.
I've heard that too.If you leave it to the last hour or so is the chance for them to reciprocate timed out?

Personally i'd just do it anyway.I have one negative from a crap seller,but anyone with any sense should look at my 5 years of good feedback.
Old 19 August 2005, 01:29 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr
I've heard that too.If you leave it to the last hour or so is the chance for them to reciprocate timed out?

Personally i'd just do it anyway.I have one negative from a crap seller,but anyone with any sense should look at my 5 years of good feedback.
I think I'll do that, if the seller is still a registered user (has had a lot of bad feedback recently).

Ive also got one negative in 5years of use, and really dont want my postive feedback dropping below 99.8%!
Old 19 August 2005, 01:58 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Why take the risk? I suspect it's just because it will make you feel better (I know the feeling) but if seller already has lousy feedback what's the point. But if you proceed double check the timescale - I thought it was open for 90 days but I may be wrong. dl
Old 19 August 2005, 01:59 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by David Lock
but if seller already has lousy feedback what's the point.
Yes,if he already has crap feedback then i'd give it a miss.Then the question is why did you deal with him?
Old 19 August 2005, 02:43 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

I posted neutral feedback agaisnt a buyer, and got positive feedback in return..

i offered them the chance to pull out of the sale, and they took it..

M
Old 20 August 2005, 12:20 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Its 90 days to leave fb, not 60 - and the seller can still leave you fb after the 90th day in some cases.

Fact of life really, if you leave someone neg fb, expect to get one back in return - if you do appeal to get it removed ( which rarely happens ) then BOTH negs will be removed, so it cancels out the point of leaving yours in the first place.

What you can do though ;0) if someone leaves you a neg, leave them one back and swear in it - has to be something like FxxK or CxxT - then report it to Ebay and they will remove both of them.
Old 20 August 2005, 01:29 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

If someone pisses you off just register a new name then big all their auctions to a million pounds then e-mail the other bidders that the user is a scammer