Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Traffic Cops BBC 1 Now

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2005, 09:58 PM
dmc1980
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Traffic Cops BBC 1 Now

Traffic cops on BB1 one now, anyone watching it?

The cops are out stopping people for speeding and drink driving. They stopped an older woman in a merc, she was just under the limit and they were dead nice to her.

Stopped a young fella, no drink, and started checking his whole care, done him in the end for his tyres.

And the cop just said, 'I dont think the public like traffic cops very much'!!!!!
Old 18 August 2005, 10:23 PM
mad555
Scooby Regular

. They stopped an older woman in a merc, she was just under the limit and they were dead nice to her.

Can they not keep you for a further 20 mins before making you take another test if you are close to the limit??
Old 18 August 2005, 10:25 PM
Mrs WRX
Scooby Regular

And when she drove off she was speeding. I know it is hard to judge speed but it seemed like she was doing well over 30.

They were determined to get the young lad on anything.
Old 18 August 2005, 10:27 PM
BEW
Scooby Regular

Would some young lad running about on dodgy tyres not be a bigger danger than someone under the DD limit?

Didn't see the program so just going by what has been posted here.
Old 18 August 2005, 10:29 PM
Mrs WRX
Scooby Regular

One of his tyres was just under the thread limit but the other was quite bad which is what he got done for. He didnt drink but they checked his car. The woman was just under the limit but didnt get her car checked at all. They were so rude to the young lad when he was polite to them.

Edited to add he was driving a smart looking BMW not a clapped out shed.
Old 18 August 2005, 10:33 PM
dmc1980
Scooby Regular

They couldnt have been nicer to the woman, she was speeding, had 31/100 alcohol whatever in her blood, when the limit is 35/100. Then the young fella came along in the BMW, they got him out of the car, breathalised him and then checked everything on his car. They were under the car at the back wheels. W4nkers
Old 18 August 2005, 10:34 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

They were so rude to the young lad when he was polite to them.
Been there a few times.

Some coppers blindly stick labels on people regardless of any wrong doing. No need for the rudeness at all.
Old 18 August 2005, 10:34 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

coppers = rude c*nts
Old 18 August 2005, 10:35 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

The lad in the BMW was tanking it before they stopped him though. I think that is why that had a good look around.
Old 18 August 2005, 10:37 PM
Mrs WRX
Scooby Regular

Yeah, but so was the woman in the Merc which is why she got stopped in the first place. And she sped off as well infront of the coppers.
Old 18 August 2005, 11:24 PM
LeeMac
Scooby Regular

I had em pulling me over every day when I was 17 - 20, one day about 5 cars/vans were round me, eventually they did me for a split wiper, had to go to a garage and get a stamp, thye couldnt believe it

got chaced round the red light district in Manchester, blue light flashing, stopped at a red light, said ' what the **** do you think you are doing' erm just driving round town, didnt do me for anything
Top days

Edited to add - got stopped in Blackpool for reported driving wrong way down a one way street and doing handbrakes, breathalised - failed, copper closed the door in the nick and gave me a bit of advice to help with the next breath test, just under. Phew, A bad experience

Last edited by LeeMac; 18 August 2005 at 11:27 PM.
Old 18 August 2005, 11:31 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The cops are seduced in a way that anybody can be.....
I would have said they may just have been doing the guy a favour , quite a thirsty rear wheel drive motor with little tread...!!
Old 19 August 2005, 12:02 AM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

yes its fair enough and understandable about the tyres but i think the point is that they didnt give a second glance to the womans merc when she could have had 4 fcuked tyres + a multitude of other things.
Old 19 August 2005, 12:42 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LeeMac
got stopped in Blackpool for reported driving wrong way down a one way street and doing handbrakes, breathalised - failed, copper closed the door in the nick and gave me a bit of advice to help with the next breath test, just under. Phew, A bad experience
What was the advice?

Simon
Old 19 August 2005, 03:52 AM
badcompany
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
What was the advice?

Simon
dont drink and drive ..nar i would like to know too please
Old 19 August 2005, 06:37 AM
scott8629
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by badcompany
dont drink and drive ..nar i would like to know too please
Same here.
Old 19 August 2005, 08:13 AM
richieh
Scooby Regular

take several very deep breaths(breathing out as much as you can in between) for up to 30 sec will allegedly drop a borderline reading down by 15-20%
richie
Old 19 August 2005, 08:42 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

What got on my wazz was at the end when they review who got what in court and not one of the scum sub-humans who was featured went to jail... A fine here a fine there...So in Warrington carrying a hunting knife when pi55ed outside a pub, running from the police, violent and abusive language will get me a £200 fine, which (if Im as mentally retarded and scummy as the lad they nicked) will cost me £1 a week for about 4 years...
That copper with the black hair cracks me up too... I remember an earlier episode when he was stopping cars and bikes who were driving recklessly and he thought a "ticking off" would stop them driving badly in the future ... Fines and points lad... I can see why he didnt make it to MI5..."Ahhh Mr Terrorist you have jihad against all europeans and have plotted the murder of hundreds of innocents...Bombs are dangerous you know dont do it again, now on your way son"....

The show makes you realise how inconsistent and incompetent they really are...
Old 19 August 2005, 09:15 AM
RESSE
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank God there is a "class" culture in this country - some of the plebs at the lower end really defy belief.

Illbred, bad mannered, ignorant and stupid.
Old 19 August 2005, 09:25 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richieh
take several very deep breaths(breathing out as much as you can in between) for up to 30 sec will allegedly drop a borderline reading down by 15-20%
richie
Anybody watch the Mythbusters edition when they tried to see if there was anyway to beat the breathaliser. Nothing they tried worked, from mints to coffee to odd breathing to all sorts of wierd and wonderful things - Myth Busted. Only way to beat the BT is to not drink.
Old 19 August 2005, 10:21 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

I do beleive that the Merc was under a year old, and the BMW was at least 3 years old, so the differance in tyre wear would be that much greater on the BMW, and as one of the policeman said you need good tyres to keep it on the black stuff, and the BMW being rear wheel drive and I mean if you drive a BMW your tyres should be in top notch that is why I beleive the copper did him, don't get me wrong but the law is the law.
Cheers
Colin
Old 19 August 2005, 10:27 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Why do people make so much fuss about rear wheel drive? What is the significance of that.

Les
Old 19 August 2005, 11:15 AM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

However she was more likely to kill someone that night having just tipped 30 on the breath box

Should of given her a real hammering for her attitude, and given the kid a VDRS to get it sorted and present it to an MOT station. After all he was polite, and well mannered. She was cocky and laughing about it all and wouldnt even get out of the car.

Discretion?
Old 19 August 2005, 11:44 AM
Wish
Scooby Regular

I can tollatate police officers most of the time, never been in any real trouble. But that pointy chined **** could do with a kicking. Talk about my **** dont stick kinda attitude. Its job worth idiots that give the police force a bad name.

As for the merc driver ..... well she needed locking up for the night. Her attitude was WOW ive passed, i never thought i would..... Why take the risk ?????? beats me ??
Old 19 August 2005, 12:36 PM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Why do people make so much fuss about rear wheel drive? What is the significance of that.

Les
Exactly, I drive a BMW which is kinder on it's tyres than my Pug 206 which I had before the BM

In my experiance it means nothing.

Matt
Old 19 August 2005, 01:58 PM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by Leslie

Les
Can't see what it has to do with Grip.

Power delivery in wet/snowy conditions is a different matter .
Old 19 August 2005, 02:07 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

yeah poor bloke got 3 points and £60 quid fine for a bit of worn rubber . the silly old bat in the merc was clearly abit slurred to !
Old 19 August 2005, 03:04 PM
the moose
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by M444GY
yeah poor bloke got 3 points and £60 quid fine for a bit of worn rubber . the silly old bat in the merc was clearly abit slurred to !

Are you insane? Worn rubber = illegal, and is highly likely to lead to accidents, even at low speeds. The police did him for one tyre (but could have done him for two). He got off lightly.

The woman was under the legal limit, therefore no crime had been committed. I'd agree that she should have had her car inspected as well, mind you.

As for rear wheel drive - knackered rears lead to snap oversteer in poor conditions, which is a lot harder to control than progressive understeer (which you're more likely to get from worn-tyred front-wheel drive cars), is it not?
Old 19 August 2005, 03:54 PM
eldudereno
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
Anybody watch the Mythbusters edition when they tried to see if there was anyway to beat the breathaliser. Nothing they tried worked, from mints to coffee to odd breathing to all sorts of wierd and wonderful things - Myth Busted. Only way to beat the BT is to not drink.
Missed that episode, top show though, I like the red haired assistant very much
Old 19 August 2005, 04:21 PM
PHILYB
Scooby Regular

makes u think if he had been just under the limit, wud they of checked his car over as well?

u bet they would!!!!

doughnut eating to**ers.

Quick Reply: Traffic Cops BBC 1 Now