Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Where do i stand? held needed.

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2005, 10:10 AM
Mr.Manchester
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do i stand? held needed.

Got a parking ticket a few months ago, went to drop a DVD at blockbuster and parked in the usual council carpark as it was free for the first half hour, returned to the car after 12 mintues to find a parking ticket for £40 as it was now private

I appealed and the fine was put on hold until a decission was made, basicly they said screw you pay the £40 before the 2nd of August or face a penalty of £100 I called up on the 1st of August and paid by card, the asian lady on the phone took my details, said thanks etc etc.

I have just got a letter this morning, the asian lady didnt take anything from the account what so ever and now there asking for £100 within 7 Days or there going to issue a warrant for my arrest

Where do i stand, im waiting for the bank to get back to me as regards the £40 payment, but i think im gonna end up at a solicitors this afternoon
Old 10 August 2005, 10:19 AM
lucylastic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mr.Manchester
I called up on the 1st of August and paid by card, the asian lady on the phone took my details, said thanks etc etc.

I have just got a letter this morning, the asian lady didnt take anything from the account what so ever and now there asking for £100 within 7 Days or there going to issue a warrant for my arrest

Where do i stand, im waiting for the bank to get back to me as regards the £40 payment, but i think im gonna end up at a solicitors this afternoon
Do they have call recording there? Most call centres do particularly when taking credit card payments. (If they do, they probably have a recorded message when you first call advising you your call may be recorded) If so, they can (and are obliged to) trace the call from the date and approximate time, this will prove your intent to pay.
Old 10 August 2005, 10:21 AM
imlach
Scooby Regular

What relevance was the asian bit?
Old 10 August 2005, 10:21 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

did you call from your mobile or home telephone? pick a copy of your bill up and find the call.
Old 10 August 2005, 10:26 AM
Mr.Manchester
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by imlach
What relevance was the asian bit?
None atall, theres always one defensive isnt there

There not the helpfull company you would think they are How about my phone records? proof of contact on the 1st of August?
Old 10 August 2005, 10:29 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Send a PM to hedgehog, he's $h!t hot on stuff like this. There is something in law which states that the only authority with the power to impose any fine is a court of law. Maybe the Bill of Rights, but whatever it is it's bl00dy old but still relevant in todays law.
Old 10 August 2005, 10:34 AM
Mr.Manchester
Scooby Regular

Cheers for that, sent him a PM

Just been back in contact with compnay (Excel Parking Services) They said to send in another appeal I said "no, not sending anything back again, its a bloody good scam you have going there, im not paying you anymore money and im seeking legal advice"