Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

1001 Posts!

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2005, 11:05 PM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1001 Posts!

Just noticed that I have clocked the magic thousand-post mark. For someone who does not inhabit the Muppets this has been no mean feat.

IIRC I joined in late 98/early 99 just before I bought my first Scoob. It's therefore taken me 6 years to get to this point! Mind you mine have been quality posts unlike some on here

In the early days the spirit on this forum was superb and you had people on here you knew would help you out if it was in their power to do so. Others simply added to the unique atmosphere that used to be such an essential part of this forum.

I recall Moles Dad, Pete Croney (ex Scoobysport), Dr John Banks, Rannoch, Mark Aigin, Dave (can't remember his username now but both he and his late wife had STI7's), Nito (from Nito Sport) all bar 1 of whom I have never met but all of whom have offered helpful advise and support in one way or the other over the years.

It’s too easy to say those were the days but the atmosphere on here now is quite different to even a couple of years ago. Its got much more aggressive, bitter and nasty without the camaraderie that made this such a fun place to be. There are far too many keyboard terrorists about now, all hiding under a multitude of user names with nothing to offer this community.

I hope we can get it back to where it used to be, where you could get solid, unbiased advice that you KNEW would work, coupled with a sense of comradeship and belonging, rather than one of divisiveness and angst.

Anyroad, just off to break out a bottle of Pedigree to celebrate.
Old 07 August 2005, 11:10 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

That'll be Dave T-S. What's he driving these days?

As your join date doesn't show 1999, did you have an earlier username?
Old 07 August 2005, 11:17 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

6 yrs!!!

Thats a record mate!

I joined about 3 yrs ago and i m touching 20,000!!!
Mind you, I talk a load of bollox on Muppets all the time!
Old 07 August 2005, 11:18 PM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brendan,

Thanks for that. It was Dave T-S. I recall his barbeques were something else although I never had the pleasure of attending. No, I have always been on here as WB. There was some talk a while back of the search indices or summat not going back that far for some reason.

Whatever happened to Dave T-S? He was loitering on here for a little while then disappeared. If you know of his whereabouts please pass on my regards. We had some great discussions about bugeye headlamps and he saved me a shedload of dosh and angst in the process. Great guy.

WB
Old 08 August 2005, 07:29 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wacky.banana
Just noticed that I have clocked the magic thousand-post mark. For someone who does not inhabit the Muppets this has been no mean feat.

IIRC I joined in late 98/early 99 just before I bought my first Scoob. It's therefore taken me 6 years to get to this point! Mind you mine have been quality posts unlike some on here

In the early days the spirit on this forum was superb and you had people on here you knew would help you out if it was in their power to do so. Others simply added to the unique atmosphere that used to be such an essential part of this forum.

I recall Moles Dad, Pete Croney (ex Scoobysport), Dr John Banks, Rannoch, Mark Aigin, Dave (can't remember his username now but both he and his late wife had STI7's), Nito (from Nito Sport) all bar 1 of whom I have never met but all of whom have offered helpful advise and support in one way or the other over the years.

It’s too easy to say those were the days but the atmosphere on here now is quite different to even a couple of years ago. Its got much more aggressive, bitter and nasty without the camaraderie that made this such a fun place to be. There are far too many keyboard terrorists about now, all hiding under a multitude of user names with nothing to offer this community.

I hope we can get it back to where it used to be, where you could get solid, unbiased advice that you KNEW would work, coupled with a sense of comradeship and belonging, rather than one of divisiveness and angst.

Anyroad, just off to break out a bottle of Pedigree to celebrate.
<nods>