Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Cheap Car Parks near Tottenham Court Road?

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2005, 06:45 PM
kelvin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap Car Parks near Tottenham Court Road?

I'm heading up to London on Sunday afternoon and need to find somewhere within walking distance of the Dominion Theatre (Tottenham Court Road) - any suggestions?

I know if I head further towards Blackfriars there are some cheap places but we're likely to be walking back fairly late so closer would be better.

Want to avoid using the tubes so only in the immediate vicinity please

Cheers guys,

K.
Old 04 August 2005, 06:50 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

On a Sunday parking meters and pay and display will be free in central London. Be careful you don't park in a residents bay as these often operate most hours 7 days. There is a road between Shaftesbury Av and Charing Cross Road that has lots of meters and is pretty unkown. I'll let you know the address from streetmap.
Old 04 August 2005, 06:52 PM
kelvin
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the quick response

Nearby roads would be even better - I didn't realise most were free on Sundays
Old 04 August 2005, 06:58 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

This is literally a couple of hundred yards from the Dom Theatre. Charing Cross Road runs south from bottom of Tott Ct Rd and Oxford St junction. New Compton St, there is a lighting shop on the corner, you have to be in the one way system to get in, but its a goldmine as there are probably 20 meters, never seen more than 2 cars there at a time!

Here's you map.........

There are other little side streets around Tott Ct Rd with meters and pay and display, Bedford St, Stephen St etc. You shouldn't have a problem. You could also check out the single yellows if you're brave!!!

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...app=newmap.srf
Old 04 August 2005, 09:26 PM
Stringpants
Scooby Regular

Default Parking available...

Stick it on my driveway...we are out all day on Sunday, we return about 11pm generally.

My son will be in but the driveway will be clear.

227 Tottenham Court Road.

Stringpants.
Old 04 August 2005, 09:30 PM
Francesca.
Scooby Regular

Location: If there's a bright center to the universe, I'm in the place that is farthest from.

All I'll say is be careful if you're thinking of using the yellow lines as there are quite a few down there with kerb chevrons (indicating 24 hour at any time restriction).

On the parking restrictions front the whole of that area of London is CPZ (Controlled Parking Zone) because the restrictions for the zones are usually posted at entry and exit and not on every street this means you may miss them (navigating/driving around London it's not difficult) - so be careful about parking in Resident's bays/yellow lines if you haven't seen the signs. Disabled bays 'round there are VERY carefully enforced so if you see them avoid them like the plague (I'm sure you would anyway ).

One other word of warning (as if you haven't had enough already) in London some of the traffic enforcement has been 'decriminalised' and is now enforced by the Local Councils 24/7 - so it's not so much of a 'hit and miss' affair - be VERY careful about box junctions, bus lanes and signage ( no right turns etc)

If I can help any further drop me a line.

F

Originally Posted by 2000TLondon
This is literally a couple of hundred yards from the Dom Theatre. Charing Cross Road runs south from bottom of Tott Ct Rd and Oxford St junction. New Compton St, there is a lighting shop on the corner, you have to be in the one way system to get in, but its a goldmine as there are probably 20 meters, never seen more than 2 cars there at a time!

Here's you map.........

There are other little side streets around Tott Ct Rd with meters and pay and display, Bedford St, Stephen St etc. You shouldn't have a problem. You could also check out the single yellows if you're brave!!!

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...app=newmap.srf
Old 05 August 2005, 12:28 AM
kelvin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stringpants
Stick it on my driveway...we are out all day on Sunday, we return about 11pm generally.

My son will be in but the driveway will be clear.

227 Tottenham Court Road.

Stringpants.
Are you serious?!

What a generous offer - thankyou ever so much. We'll certainly be gone by 11, I suspect it will be 9ish at the latest.

Are you absolutely sure that's ok? What side of the road are you on as we come away from the Dominion and approx. how far up?

I really can't thank you enough

K.
Old 06 August 2005, 01:42 AM
Stringpants
Scooby Regular

Default Parking....

You have PM.