Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone heard of the new Coca Cola drink that apparently gets rid of 75Kcal's...???

Search this Thread

Old 02 August 2005, 10:53 AM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone heard of the new Coca Cola drink that apparently gets rid of 75Kcal's...???

As above, apparently CocaCola are close to releasing a soft drink that increases your bodys metabalism to the equivelent of burning off an extra 75Kcals...

Anyone know anymore???

would be good!
Old 02 August 2005, 11:14 AM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

Think it only really has a lot of caffeine and green tea extract - Green tea has long been said to increase metabolic rates - in fact it is used in most fat burning supplements!
You can just imagine the queue at Maccy D's - I'll have a supersized Big Mac meal, extra portion of Fries, a Mcflurry, and some of that fat burning drink!
Old 02 August 2005, 11:43 AM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyFlow

Think it only really has a lot of caffeine and green tea extract - Green tea has long been said to increase metabolic rates - in fact it is used in most fat burning supplements!
You can just imagine the queue at Maccy D's - I'll have a supersized Big Mac meal, extra portion of Fries, a Mcflurry, and some of that fat burning drink!
Yeah, see what your saying, prob do more harm than good! Can see CocaCola making a mint though if they pull it off.

used to work in McDonalds many moons ago, always made me chukkle when some HUUUGELY overwieght customer would get a supersize meal, extra cheeseburger or 2, a dessert, milkshake, then say 'ooohh i'll have a diet coke' and expect some sort of recognition! prob couldnt understand why they wernt losing wieght!

Old 02 August 2005, 11:59 AM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wez_sti
Yeah, see what your saying, prob do more harm than good! Can see CocaCola making a mint though if they pull it off.
Didn't mean it will cause harm, I was just mentioning that the idea is nt a new one - see thermobol from Maximuscle (or such-like).

I agree that they will make a mint from it - and probably be able to charge way over the odds to all the weight conscious people around nowadays!
Old 02 August 2005, 12:01 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Shirely if you cut Coca-Cola out of your diet completely you will lose 75Kcal anyway?

Can somebody quote me the amount of sugar Coke has in it...and the amount of cancer causing sweetners in diet coke???
Old 02 August 2005, 12:13 PM
King RA
BANNED

best way to loose 75kcal is to walk to mcdonalds, not drive. Then pile on 800k/cal, nice.
Old 02 August 2005, 12:53 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by TonyFlow

Didn't mean it will cause harm, I was just mentioning that the idea is nt a new one - see thermobol from Maximuscle (or such-like).

I agree that they will make a mint from it - and probably be able to charge way over the odds to all the weight conscious people around nowadays!

Mmm, the way i was looking at it was the way people think (me included) the bag of crisps they were debating on weather to have or not will be eaten as 'i've just saved meself 75Kcals on me drink' , so they'll still be eating the extra fat n' ****...

same as 'i can have that McDonalds as i went to th gym once 3 months ago!'

Trending Topics

Old 02 August 2005, 01:28 PM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

Thats why I love eating what I want when I want, never have to justify to myself just eat it.
Old 02 August 2005, 01:38 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

All those so called 'thermo' products are useless because to be safe (and legally marketed) their dosage is low. If you want to go the whole hog just take ephedrine and caffeine that'll speed your metabolism up to the point of losing weight (not the safest way to do it though!)
Old 02 August 2005, 02:08 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wez_sti

used to work in McDonalds many moons ago, always made me chukkle when some HUUUGELY overwieght customer would get a supersize meal, extra cheeseburger or 2, a dessert, milkshake, then say 'ooohh i'll have a diet coke' and expect some sort of recognition! prob couldnt understand why they wernt losing wieght!

diet coke tastes much nicer then regular coke tho??
Old 02 August 2005, 02:10 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i tried sum of them thermogenic tablet things and they dont half make you edgy

also could not get any sleep at night, and that was considerd the "recomended" dose
felt like i was plugged into the mains supply TBH lol
Old 02 August 2005, 02:15 PM
Angry
Scooby Regular

Doesnt a normal can of coke have 141kcal anyway??
Old 02 August 2005, 02:24 PM
King RA
BANNED

well my bottle of oasis has 25kcal per 100ml and is 500ml big, so 75 is hardly anything to shout about.
Old 02 August 2005, 02:48 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Yeah those ADD to your kcal intake...but the new coke drink is supposed to make you LOSE 75kcal