Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Flash Guru?

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2005, 11:23 AM
G-STAR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flash Guru?

I've posted this elsewhere, but I'll put it out to the flash gurus on here too, if there are any:

I am currently developing a project whereby up-and-coming EDM artists upload their productions for limited downloading, in return for detailed reviews and voting.

As a key part of the project, we are currently seeking a talented individual to develop our simplistic 'live' voting system, which is to be used on the web site to represent public opinion for each individual track.

The system will be based upon graphical (five star) rating, whereby the visitor simply hovers over the stars and clicks when the desired number of stars are visible (i.e. left to right hover), to record their vote. Once their vote has been cast, we're looking for the system to display the average vote.

I am aware that these are sketchy details thus far, but I'll disclose further information once we've chosen someone to undertake this task.

Here's a rough sketch of the basics that we're looking for, to give you a better chance of understanding the above drivel.
Cheers.
Old 28 July 2005, 11:29 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

What exactly do you want? Somebody to render it as a flash object or a method for achieving it?

You can do this with a series of images, an image map definition and some JavaScript to handle the mouseover and swap the images for you.
Old 28 July 2005, 11:50 AM
G-STAR
Scooby Regular

I'm looking for someone to create the flash file for use client side, and then perhaps add a mySQL back end, if necessary.
Old 28 July 2005, 11:59 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Well you'll need it to pass the score back to the server at least, how you store it from there is another issue.

'fraid my flash skills aren't up to much, but it doesn't look like it would be a major issue for anybody with the basics.
Old 28 July 2005, 12:05 PM
G-STAR
Scooby Regular

Alright - thanks for the help, Olly, much appreciated.