Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The co operative bank...

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2005, 01:42 PM
Gav1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The co operative bank...

Anybody on here work for the The Co Operative Bank or any of their affiliates..e.g CIS , CFS, Smile etc.

I've just landed what i'm hoping is going to be a good job with them. I am looking to start on Monday 25th July.

Any feed back appreciated.Just want to know what they are like to work for. Apparently they were in the Sunday Times top 100 companies to work for...but i'm not to sure how much that means!!

P.S. Not been on here for months...glad to see nothing changes. Still got a lot of the same old faces.

Gav.
Old 20 July 2005, 01:54 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Father in law used to work for the CIS, he seemed happy enough working there. The usual odd gripe that any employee would have about a company. Mind you, since he retired and only deals with them as a customer, his impression is that they are somewhat behind the times and the customer service has gone to pot. I'd be inclined to agree that any Insurance firm that will only sell if you go in to the shop or the rep comes to your home is a dinosaur.
Old 20 July 2005, 02:02 PM
Gav1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
Father in law used to work for the CIS, he seemed happy enough working there. The usual odd gripe that any employee would have about a company. Mind you, since he retired and only deals with them as a customer, his impression is that they are somewhat behind the times and the customer service has gone to pot. I'd be inclined to agree that any Insurance firm that will only sell if you go in to the shop or the rep comes to your home is a dinosaur.
Olly,

Thanks for your reply. I think this whole recruitment drive that they have on at the minute is all about change and as i understand it they are now looking to operate very much like the other insurance companies on the market.

As you say the perception of them being a bit of a dinosaur is very much the impression i had, until i had been for the interviews and seen what their plans for the future involved.

Hopefully it will all work out .

Gav.
Old 20 July 2005, 02:08 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gav1
Olly,

Thanks for your reply. I think this whole recruitment drive that they have on at the minute is all about change and as i understand it they are now looking to operate very much like the other insurance companies on the market.

As you say the perception of them being a bit of a dinosaur is very much the impression i had, until i had been for the interviews and seen what their plans for the future involved.

Hopefully it will all work out .

Gav.
It would seem you are more in touch with where they are going, by the sound of it they have realised the need to move on. Good luck with the job.