Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

100,000 a week, not enough

Search this Thread

Old 16 July 2005, 10:02 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 100,000 a week, not enough

Just read about Rio Ferdinand 'dithering' about signing his contract at united because they will only offer 100k a week, he wants 120,000 the greedy ****. I appreciate we all want to get the most out of a given situation but come on a 20% increase on an already massive salary for just kicking a ball round.

What will the guy spend it on, I see him driving round here in a selection of disgusting looking american off roaders as it is, god knows why he thinks he needs the extra cash ?

Somebody will no doubt say I am jealous, no I am not, quite happy with my lot, more money would be nice but I think 100 grand a week would cover most of my outgoings !
Old 16 July 2005, 10:32 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All that after the club paid him in full for the months the dozy get was banned for following his mental blank re the drugs test.
Fergie should kneecap the ungreatful excuse of a turdbucket...
Great player though.. Keep up the good work Rio
Old 16 July 2005, 11:03 AM
deano
Scooby Regular

I think you have to take into account how much money the club makes from him after the game finishes. Merchandising etc... £120k doesn't come anywhere near what he's worth from a business perspective.
Old 16 July 2005, 12:26 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by deano
Merchandising etc... £120k doesn't come anywhere near what he's worth from a business perspective.
I guess that would explain why most football clubs are not particularly profitable businesses. Wages in the premiership have got completely out of synch with any normal measurement of an employees "worth" to the business.
Old 16 July 2005, 12:26 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

'I think you have to take into account how much money the club makes from him after the game finishes. Merchandising etc... £120k doesn't come anywhere near what he's worth from a business perspective.'

Just shows how ridiculous football has got when a player gets paid more in a week than a surgeon gets in a year but I suppose its the same at the top level in most sports.
Old 16 July 2005, 12:34 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

That kind of money is obscene, no one on this earth is worth that much!

Les
Old 16 July 2005, 12:38 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Dont forget aswell I doubt his playing career will go much further than his mid thirties. Then what is he supposed to do ? If I was him I would be stockpiling enough money to be able to live comfortable for the rest of my life withouhg haveing to do much !!! Bit like Robbie Fowler and all the properties he has bought.

Dave
Old 16 July 2005, 12:58 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

I always find these kind of comments rather pointless.
Does anyone ever turn down a pay rise?
Old 16 July 2005, 03:00 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by druddle
Dont forget aswell I doubt his playing career will go much further than his mid thirties. Then what is he supposed to do ?
What do the rest of us do when we end up redundant GET ANOTHER ******* JOB

Why do people think that these over-rated yobs deserve such praise and reward for their simple actions And why do we think that they can only have one job description in their whole lives I realise that many of them are rather restricted when it comes to retraining but FFS, can you imagine going in to your boss's office on monday morning and demanding that he pay you 150x your current salary, as there is a strong chance that computers, automation or outsourcing could render you unable to continue in your chosen profession in the near future.

Bunch of greedy, infantile primadonnas. I have not, and will not ever pay to watch football (not that I have the slightest interest) and avoid as much as possible name branded sportswear, particularly if directly linked to an individual (especially ******* Beckham). Anyway, we all know that football is chav
Old 16 July 2005, 03:13 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

If someone agrees to pay me 120k a week, I will start another thread and you can all abuse me for it
Old 16 July 2005, 04:06 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Just read about Rio Ferdinand 'dithering' about signing his contract at united because they will only offer 100k a week, he wants 120,000 the greedy ****. I appreciate we all want to get the most out of a given situation but come on a 20% increase on an already massive salary for just kicking a ball round.

What will the guy spend it on, I see him driving round here in a selection of disgusting looking american off roaders as it is, god knows why he thinks he needs the extra cash ?

Somebody will no doubt say I am jealous, no I am not, quite happy with my lot, more money would be nice but I think 100 grand a week would cover most of my outgoings !

most footballers r greedy *******s
Old 16 July 2005, 04:52 PM
andyfish
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO

It's nothing to do with 'is he worth it?'

demand and supply, pure and simple. like when sony PS2 came out - huge demand and (relatively) high prices. now no-one's buying and prices at rock bottom. if united don't pay it, he will be in demand from someone else who will: that's why players play the brinkmanship (or 'dithering') card before signing a new contract.

don't forget, 120k a week will be his BASIC salary. on top he will get advertisement and boot sponsorship deals, and endorsement deals.

we can all play the 'is he worth it' card: i work full time in the nhs as a senior cancer nurse. without exception i do unpaid overtime every week (yesterday i did 3 hours) to ensure my patients get a bloody good deal. i've just finished a shift on my second (part time) job for another hospital today, and i'm applying for a third job to make ends meet. i've been to night school (ie in my own time) to get educated to masters degree level (which benefits the nhs directly) and paid for it myself. am i worth the 25k a year i earn? no - i'm worth a lot more. and i could, if i chose, to take my labour elsewhere where there is greater demand with proportionately higher salary (ie USA). but i choose to stay here.

food for thought

andy
Old 16 July 2005, 09:57 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Tell you what??

Contact Man Utd and ask for a trial ...... if you look better than Rio at the job then you would be offerred £100K a week - if you're NOT better than everyone else at what you do then you will just have to settle for the National Average Wage of £38,750 a year!! Sad, I know, but true!!

Luckily I'm better than average at my job so don't have to settle for average money

Pete
Old 16 July 2005, 09:59 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by pslewis
Luckily I'm better than average at my job so don't have to settle for average money
Pete
Not if you're still working at 77 years of age you're not, you old píss bag.
Old 16 July 2005, 10:00 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

that ill be tips for taking away the garden waste then Pete.......

Last edited by dpb; 16 July 2005 at 10:02 PM. Reason: i presume
Old 16 July 2005, 10:06 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spoon
Not if you're still working at 77 years of age you're not, you old píss bag.
EH?? Imagine the experience?? The Consultation Skills??

I guess, by your clear lack of intelligence, that you are on less than the average wage of £38,750?!

Pete
Old 16 July 2005, 10:26 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

I guess, by your clear lack of intelligence, that you are on less than the average wage of £38,750?!

Pete
Wouldn't mess about with consultancy at 77 years of age Pissy, that's my point.

Make enough money young, retire and live off the interest way above the national average wage.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
Old 17 July 2005, 07:17 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I have noticed RF does go some matches without scoring, so yes I could do that.
Old 17 July 2005, 08:21 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
What do the rest of us do when we end up redundant GET ANOTHER ******* JOB
I agree but if you can work it so you dont have to ever get another job then why not ? As has been mentioned elsewhere here, its all about supply and demand...

Dave
Old 17 July 2005, 02:01 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

More to this story than being reported, that's all I'm saying on this one. It will conclude in the next 3 weeks though. Possibly even this week depending on how angry the involved parties get.
Old 17 July 2005, 02:07 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

Can't blame him for trying to get the most he can out of a deal, wouldn't most of us do the same?

As long as the fans keep paying silly money for tickets and merchandise these guys will keep getting these obscene salaries.
Old 18 July 2005, 10:51 PM
R 14NS R
Scooby Regular

is the average wage really nearly 38k? i thought it was 19 or 20 ish.
Old 18 July 2005, 10:55 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by R 14NS R
Come on, can anyone be expected to live decently for less than £38k??

I have no debts and would struggle to satisfy my demands at the average £38k ........

Pete
Old 18 July 2005, 11:09 PM
Pauleds2
Scooby Regular

PS Lewis, you have a well deserved reputation on this board as being a most disagreeable moaning, useless old ****. £100K per week is utter madness to pay childish morons with the intellectual capacity of a boiled potato.
Old 19 July 2005, 12:56 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by R 14NS R

dont fool for it mate, he says exactly the same thing every time salaries are mentioned, then bangs on about how he'd never be able to support himself on such a small amount.

people are finally catching on, and people rarely rise to the bate now, which i bet he hates!
Old 19 July 2005, 01:53 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know

Pete
I think you'll find that the national average wage is considerably lower than that - its more like £22 000

If you want to be really pedantic, go to the Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings - Oct 2004 figures show that average was £422 per week * 52 = £21944
Old 19 July 2005, 01:56 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by angrynorth
More to this story than being reported, that's all I'm saying on this one. It will conclude in the next 3 weeks though. Possibly even this week depending on how angry the involved parties get.
Come on Angry - Let us in on the Secret.

Let me Guess Rio wants £100k + all the coke he can sniff.

A stupid greedy druggie .
Old 19 July 2005, 04:53 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

The last publicised national average salary is a midge's t1t over 18k...
Old 19 July 2005, 05:14 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Apologies for being cryptic but I can't say anything other than... he wants to cut off his ***** as it is controlling what he does and is the cause of the extra £20k a week demands. His ***** is a greedy ****** and Rio feels that if he did not have his ***** he could sign the deal immediately.

My God just read that back to my self and it sounds much worse than what is happening, so let me state it has nowt to do with ho's, coke or owt else illegal or nasty.

It's all going to be settled soon anyway so hopefully he can go back to playing football.
Old 19 July 2005, 08:04 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

sounds like a blood sucking agent...

Quick Reply: 100,000 a week, not enough