Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

London Night Out

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2005, 01:03 AM
scott8629
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default London Night Out

I will be in London on Saturday the 23rd of this month and I was wondering where the best places to go for a drink and maybe meet some women.

I will be on my own like a saddo due to work and will be staying in the Marble arch area.

So come on you London drinkers tell me where its at!

Scott
Old 14 July 2005, 01:09 AM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

you could go round to leicester sq

or fabric / turnmills in Farringdon

or the egg - kings x
Old 14 July 2005, 01:34 AM
scott8629
Scooby Regular

What time does the tube shut? If early are black cabs easy to get hold of?

Scott
Old 14 July 2005, 01:35 AM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

I always liked Tiger Tiger near Leicester Square. Not sure if it's still as good as it was.

The Porterhouse pub (Maiden Lane, north of the Strand) is good for someone on their own because it's huge and on many levels.

If you're into wine bars etc, Soho has plenty of those. Just make sure the place isn't full of men with big moustaches first.
Old 14 July 2005, 01:46 AM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scott8629
What time does the tube shut? If early are black cabs easy to get hold of?

Scott
The Tube is usually shut by 12.30. If you're in the West End after 7.00pm, forget getting a black cab, it's almost impossible (not to mention expensive). If you do get a black cab, make sure he/she doesn't go via Buckingham Palace - their favourite detour for anyone who sounds/looks like a tourist.

There will be night buses going down Oxford St (towards Marble Arch), but if you can work out the timetables/routes of London buses, you're a better man than me!

There will be mini-cab offices, which are worth it if you can find one. There are also plenty of illegal cabs all over the West End (because black cabs are so scarce). For the kind of relatively short journey you'll be doing, an illegal is worth considering.

If you're up to it, consider walking back to the hotel. It's not that far and lots to look at along the way.
Old 14 July 2005, 08:54 AM
106rallye
Scooby Regular

Not so far away from there myself. Depends what you like really. what hotel are you staying at?

If you are very close to Marble Arch then you are right at the top of Park Lane so if you want rich bints get down to some of the bars round W1 - Mayfair. Head down park lane (414 bus if you are super lazy!) take one of the lefts behind the Dorchester and keep going, you will come across a few bars so take your pick. There are a few nice ones round berkley square as well, can't remember their names.

If you want comedy value get to Windows at the top of the Hilton and see some the business men with their 'dates' for the hour/night/week, expensive and you have to be dressed smart but the views over town are cool.

if not market place is quite cool a bar named after its location near Oxford and Regents Street.

Its all personal preference really but there is no shortage of them thats for sure!

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/find_pubbar.asp this site can be quite useful

I am sure you will enjoy what ever you do!

Andy
Old 14 July 2005, 11:03 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I will be in London on Saturday the 23rd of this month and I was wondering where the best places to go for a drink and maybe meet some women.

I will be on my own like a saddo due to work and will be staying in the Marble arch area.

So come on you London drinkers tell me where its at!

Scott
Although this post has made me gigggle but have a good time in London. Hope you meet some women.and awwww...Dont be a saddo
Take care.
Old 14 July 2005, 05:43 PM
scott8629
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 106rallye
Not so far away from there myself. Depends what you like really. what hotel are you staying at?

If you are very close to Marble Arch then you are right at the top of Park Lane so if you want rich bints get down to some of the bars round W1 - Mayfair. Head down park lane (414 bus if you are super lazy!) take one of the lefts behind the Dorchester and keep going, you will come across a few bars so take your pick. There are a few nice ones round berkley square as well, can't remember their names.

If you want comedy value get to Windows at the top of the Hilton and see some the business men with their 'dates' for the hour/night/week, expensive and you have to be dressed smart but the views over town are cool.

if not market place is quite cool a bar named after its location near Oxford and Regents Street.

Its all personal preference really but there is no shortage of them thats for sure!

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/find_pubbar.asp this site can be quite useful

I am sure you will enjoy what ever you do!

Andy
Im staying at the Victory service club.

Scott
Old 14 July 2005, 06:23 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

So much choice!

But you are in a good location. Even within staggering distance to where you are there are some good drinking spots, and provided there are women there...booze and women is all you need. Check out some of the Hotels in Marble Arch, one I went to even had a full on Irish Bar downstairs, very good night.

However, if you fancy a little journey and a slight change of scenery, try Fulham Broadway.

I was there recently, and was astounded at there being so many women, who were fit and up for it.

One place I went to was so rammed with women they were rampant, I mean even going to the toilet I got physically molested (by women) on my way out. The girls easily outnumbered the guys and they were nice.

One girl (tall attracive blond) was standing near the door when the wind blew in and raised her skimpy little skirt high into the air and she didn't seem too bothered, even though she appeared to be only wearing a G String!!

Would have been a great night for me and my mates, except we are all married etc and were all there with our other halves!

Hey ho! Have a good time.

Asif
Old 14 July 2005, 11:33 PM
106rallye
Scooby Regular

Cool

Im staying at the Victory service club.

Scott
Aha just off the Edgware Road. Right first of all avoid the dodgy weatherspoons next to the Cinema at Marble Arch (avoid cinema as well over 9 quid to see a film!)

Could head a bit north get the number 6 bus or 414 and get off in Maida Vale/Little Venice some nice bars round there.

Best bet though is Mayfair, go check out Market Place see if its your bag.

If not do what I do and find the fittest girls and ask them where to go

Have a good time

Andy
Old 15 July 2005, 02:12 AM
scott8629
Scooby Regular

Aha just off the Edgware Road. Right first of all avoid the dodgy weatherspoons next to the Cinema at Marble Arch (avoid cinema as well over 9 quid to see a film!)

Could head a bit north get the number 6 bus or 414 and get off in Maida Vale/Little Venice some nice bars round there.

Best bet though is Mayfair, go check out Market Place see if its your bag.

If not do what I do and find the fittest girls and ask them where to go

Have a good time

Andy
Cheers for all the info fellas.

Is there any sort of dress code? I normally go out in a pair of faded jeans, shoes and a designer t-shirt, will this do?

What culb do you recomend, reading www.viewlondon.co.uk it seems that you have to be on a guest list for most places?

What kind of ball park figure am I going to spend on a good night out round the described areas, up here in Yorkshire 50-60 quid you can have a belter of a night out

Scott

Last edited by scott8629; 15 July 2005 at 03:56 AM.
Old 15 July 2005, 10:29 AM
106rallye
Scooby Regular

Friday night a lot of people go out streight from work so there will be people around in work clothes etc. Though its a bit 'media' round there and they don't dress up to go to work let a lone go out!!

Safe bet would prob be non-ripped jeans, no trainers and maybe a polo shirt/shirt but a t-shirt will prob be ok. remember for every place with a dress code there are prob 10 others that will let you in!

Money wise you have to be careful its very easy to spend a lot.

Just had a thought - Covent Garden if its a nice eve is good fun to start. If you go down there early enough there will be people performing near the clock tower, sometimes good sometimes bad! there is a pizza restaurant there with a bar upstairs called Fuel http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/review_680.html its a bit wierd as its separated by the restaurant but head upstairs whilst its still light and have a beer on the balcony watching the performers. It also turns into a club later on its quite small but not stupidly priced - for london. Not very well known but that means you avoid the tourists a bit. If thats not your bag then Punch and Judy is a bit more main stream, usually rammed as well.

Clubs wise depends what you want really commercial just go find one in Leicster Square otherwise

http://www.fabriclondon.com/club.diary.php - prob not the best place to go and pull but the cool side of commercial about 12 quid to get in but goes on till 5 in the morning

If you want to get on a guest list its not that hard - it just makes them feel important! but to be honest a lot of these places are over priced and pretentious so I wouldn't bother you can check out http://www.nightclubbinuk.com/guestlist/index.html and see if they can help but never used it myself so not sure if its any good!

Caprice is supposed to be full of famous people if thats your idea of a good night! need to get on the guest list though really

Its a shame I am not in town tomorrow otherwise you could have come out with us!

Andy
Old 15 July 2005, 01:02 PM
marky1
Scooby Regular

Asif, I have a place in Fulham Broadway - what bar was that - slug and lettuce?
Old 15 July 2005, 06:07 PM
scott8629
Scooby Regular

Its a shame I am not in town tomorrow otherwise you could have come out with us!

Andy
Its Sat the 23rd in in London!