Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good moderation

Nice one
Old 13 July 2005, 10:24 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

not nice one... he was giving an opinion, some of us were having a reasonable discussion about it, your the 1 throwing insults about and making the thread unreasonable
Old 13 July 2005, 10:25 AM
Angry
Scooby Regular

Yep thanks, those statements were no better than something Abu Hamsa would spout.
Old 13 July 2005, 10:25 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
not nice one... he was giving an opinion, some of us were having a reasonable discussion about it, your the 1 throwing insults about and making the thread unreasonable
I agree mate.
Old 13 July 2005, 10:26 AM
Angry
Scooby Regular

Funny, I found Hawks statements insulting and offensive, and I'm not a Muslim!
Old 13 July 2005, 10:27 AM
Aaron C. Reskew
Scooby Regular

Location: I made Miss Ugly M Lardarse my Princess and we're having a baby!

Originally Posted by DrunkenPikie
Nice one
Makes you a bit two faced with some of the **** you come out with
Old 13 July 2005, 10:28 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

yeah fine they might have been offensive, I read offensive stuff on here everyday but I dont go reporting it and takig it too heart, he wasnt inciting hatred. he was saying why hes getting annoyed about it, some off us we're having a reasonable debate to try and show how the flip side of the coin. by deleting it, if anything its leaving him to his hatred thoughts to spout elsewhere.

By deleting a thread will not change the fact how people feel... by discussing it might though
Old 13 July 2005, 10:29 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Angry
Funny, I found Hawks statements insulting and offensive, and I'm not a Muslim!
They may well have been but if people are able to put across and explain to hawk why they think he is wrong to hold those views he may think more about what he was saying and change his viewpoint.

To much to ask though as people would just rather insult each other.
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Nice one
I was enjoying reading the thread, shame narrow minded folk like you have to chuck their toys out of the pram just because someone has an opinion that differs to yours.

There was no more racism in that thread than I saw in Big Brother last night

Why can no-one have a reasoned discussion on here any more without resorting to insults or thread deletion, and always from the folk that have been here the least amount of time
Angry
Scooby Regular

by deleting it, if anything its leaving him to his hatred thoughts to spout elsewhere.
So let him **** off elsewhere, maybe to the US where his right to spout that kind of crap is enshrined in the consitution.
Old 13 July 2005, 10:30 AM
Angry
Scooby Regular

I dont see a reasoned discussion starting off with a thread title "I'm beginning to hate all muslims"...
Old 13 July 2005, 10:31 AM
hawkthescoobslayer
Scooby Regular

yeah fine they might have been offensive, I read offensive stuff on here everyday but I dont go reporting it and takig it too heart, he wasnt inciting hatred. he was saying why hes getting annoyed about it, some off us we're having a reasonable debate to try and show how the flip side of the coin. by deleting it, if anything its leaving him to his hatred thoughts to spout elsewhere.

By deleting a thread will not change the fact how people feel... by discussing it might though
Now this is the most reasoned reply I have EVER read on scoobynet

thanks dave points and thoughts have been noted.

unfortunately a knee jerk reaction by me has upset other people, however some of the comments I felt were offensive to me also but hey ho sh't happens.
Old 13 July 2005, 10:31 AM
DrunkenPikie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Aaron C. Reskew
Makes you a bit two faced with some of the **** you come out with
I prefer hypocritical to "two faced" and yes I probably am, but what I'm not doing here, today is inciting race hatred at a time when feelings are running high on the subject.

If I was to say "I'm starting to hate all jews" would that be acceptable? It's BS plain and simple, worse than that it's simple minded hatred from someone who should presumably know better? What worries me is that there are pr1cks like this throughout the UK who let the actions of a few colour their judgment about an entire race/creed. Sad *******.
Old 13 July 2005, 10:33 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

I dont see a reasoned discussion starting off with a thread title "I'm beginning to hate all muslims"...
Why not, thats an opinion and how hawk is feeling at the moment, theres nothing racist about telling people your feelings - as STI said, we may have been able to turn the thread around with some reasoned discussion and help hawk to sort out how he is feeling.

I'm of mixed opinion at the moment. I'm not a racist man but have been brought up in a multi cultural town so have seen some things in my time from both white and muslim people.
davegtt
Scooby Senior

fine, but there are reasoned replies to help him change his view..... no?

what was annoying was the drunken 1 joined the thread by spouting direct insults and THEN deciding to get the thread deleted, making him no better than the thread starter.
hawkthescoobslayer
Scooby Regular

DAMM IT ALL the thread say dislike NOT HATE in my mind they are two distinctly different things.

if you by dislking someone hate them then I would say YOU have the problem not me...
Old 13 July 2005, 10:34 AM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Another doozie missed

Note to self: must do less work and more snetting
DrunkenPikie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver
I was enjoying reading the thread, shame narrow minded folk like you have to chuck their toys out of the pram just because someone has an opinion that differs to yours.

There was no more racism in that thread than I saw in Big Brother last night

Why can no-one have a reasoned discussion on here any more without resorting to insults or thread deletion, and always from the folk that have been here the least amount of time
Firstly you watch 'Big brother' which discounts anything you have to say on any subject IMO, as you are obviously a moron.

As someone else pointed out a reasoned discussion doesn't start with the title "I'm starting to hate all fekking muslims" or similar. That's just fcucking ****. The country as a whole would be better off if people like that ceased to exist, similarly to those who slaughtered innocents in London.
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

The point is that Hawk and his views I feel will reflect a lot of what is going on and been said in the UK today. His thread may not have been the best most reasoned post but I thought it gave people the chance to put across a more reasoned view and hopefully make hawk and people with similar views more open minded about their comments.
Old 13 July 2005, 10:35 AM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

I prefer hypocritical to "two faced" and yes I probably am, but what I'm not doing here, today is inciting race hatred at a time when feelings are running high on the subject.

If I was to say "I'm starting to hate all jews" would that be acceptable? It's BS plain and simple, worse than that it's simple minded hatred from someone who should presumably know better? What worries me is that there are pr1cks like this throughout the UK who let the actions of a few colour their judgment about an entire race/creed. Sad *******.

thanks alot mate

if u put a thread up saying i hate all whiteys, christians jews or gays u will get it deleted

same should go for anyone
Old 13 July 2005, 10:35 AM
Aaron C. Reskew
Scooby Regular

Location: I made Miss Ugly M Lardarse my Princess and we're having a baby!

Nobody was promoting any hatred, Hawks initial post was a little OTT but given time and some balanced views he would've been able to reflect on what he had said. You took that opportunity away.
Old 13 July 2005, 10:36 AM
hawkthescoobslayer
Scooby Regular

MODERATORS WILL SOMEONE PLEASE PUT A STICKY UP THAT DISLKIE IS DIFFERENT TO HATE
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Have you ever tried posting a reply without resorting to insulting people?

As for inciting race hatred, give me a break If he posted "I hate XXXXX, everyone join me in getting rid of them", that is race hatred, but simply saying you have mixed feelings about a certain race is different.

I think hawk could have worded the thread title a bit better, but this race hatred thing goes too far sometimes.
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Firstly you watch 'Big brother' which discounts anything you have to say on any subject IMO, as you are obviously a moron.

As someone else pointed out a reasoned discussion doesn't start with the title "I'm starting to hate all fekking muslims" or similar. That's just fcucking ****. The country as a whole would be better off if people like that ceased to exist, similarly to those who slaughtered innocents in London.
credibility = zero

Old 13 July 2005, 10:37 AM
Angry
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hawkthescoobslayer
DAMM IT ALL the thread say dislike NOT HATE in my mind they are two distinctly different things.

if you by dislking someone hate them then I would say YOU have the problem not me...
Fair cop, but how is starting to dislike all muslims based on the actions of 4 Islamist terrorists (not Islamic) any better?
Old 13 July 2005, 10:37 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moses
thanks alot mate

if u put a thread up saying i hate all whiteys, christians jews or gays u will get it deleted

same should go for anyone
tbh moses,I have a sense of humour, if you posted saying you "Hated all whites", I would laugh about it, then get on with my life, life is far too short to get worried about what people say to you.
Old 13 July 2005, 10:38 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

STI, wasting your time mate. he'll insult you, have his say then get the thread deleted.... The subject heading was very strong and IMO was wrong... but is there anything wrong with 90% of the replies who were helping him to see it from the otherside? and he has admittedly said he has broadend his views since the relatively short thread went on, now we might have been able to change his view completlely if the thread had been allowed to run its course....
Old 13 July 2005, 10:39 AM
DrunkenPikie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
credibility = zero

You may regard my credibility as zero but what I'm saying obviously has some resonance with the people that run this board as the topic was deleted. Good riddance, what we need is a "I'm starting to think we should look how we can make muslims feel more a part of this society" topic.
Not some BS about how "I'm starting to dislike muslims".
Old 13 July 2005, 10:41 AM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver
tbh moses,I have a sense of humour, if you posted saying you "Hated all whites", I would laugh about it, then get on with my life, life is far too short to get worried about what people say to you.

bull**** u wont

trust me, i said once that why r the majority of the paedophiles all white once, i said it only so the people will feel what it likes to tarnish a muslim or muslims as a terrorist, i didnt say it out of hatred or inciting just to show them how it feels like

and hell broke loose

so dont tell me u would laugh about it
Old 13 July 2005, 10:41 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

So I was right about the "narrow-minded" bit then.

Come back into this thread when you are mature enough to give a civil answer.

Quick Reply: Good moderation