Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

All four bombers may have died in the blasts

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2005, 05:52 PM
Edcase
Scooby Regular

Location: Throwing myself down a mountain at every opportunity...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All four bombers may have died in the blasts

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4674463.stm
Old 12 July 2005, 06:03 PM
Diamond Dave
Scooby Regular

A tiny bit of justice.Pity they weren't caught and given a good whacking down at paddington green nick.
Old 12 July 2005, 06:07 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Well I suppose if they are dead it al least means that they cannot do it again.....

Not much justice though
Old 12 July 2005, 07:01 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BBC
Personal documents of three suspects were also found close to the explosions suggesting all four died in the blasts.
Without wishing to sound cynical, how hard would it be for a 'terrorist' to leave documentation pointing at a suspect at the intended blast scene? Not exactly rock hard evidence is it? It's right up there with the Koran, Passport and Boeing flight manual left near JFK airport at the time of the WTC attacks.
Old 12 July 2005, 07:12 PM
Edcase
Scooby Regular

Location: Throwing myself down a mountain at every opportunity...

Originally Posted by Jap2Scrap
Without wishing to sound cynical, how hard would it be for a 'terrorist' to leave documentation pointing at a suspect at the intended blast scene? Not exactly rock hard evidence is it? It's right up there with the Koran, Passport and Boeing flight manual left near JFK airport at the time of the WTC attacks.
I guess we will find out when they start piecing together the bodies.

reports suggest that 'forensic' evidence was found at the scene, but then also describes 'belongings'.

forensic evidence usually suggests physical / biological material.
Old 12 July 2005, 08:19 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Jap2Scrap

i always wondered that mate, im glad u said that
Old 12 July 2005, 08:52 PM
Diamond Dave
Scooby Regular

It's a no-win sketch innit. Police arrest somebody and it's a fit up or they recover dead bombers and it's a conspiracy. You ain't having it both ways so make your minds up.
Old 12 July 2005, 09:15 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
It's a no-win sketch innit. Police arrest somebody and it's a fit up or they recover dead bombers and it's a conspiracy. You ain't having it both ways so make your minds up.
I haven't mentioned a fit-up..... Yet
Old 12 July 2005, 09:21 PM
Kyl3cook
Scooby Regular

2 Suicide bombers were shot in Canary Wharf on the day of the bombings
Old 12 July 2005, 09:21 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

FFS the lot of you.
There is almost certainly a serious problem with young British muslims feeling so disenfranchised that they want to commit murder against their own countrymen and even kill themselves at the same time.

Getting to the root cause of why they have taken this route rather than voicing their anger or disagrement via orthodox methods is essential to maintaining the fabric of society. Pretenting it's all a conspiracy and avoiding the real issue isn't going to make it go away.

All in my IMHO of course.

Suresh
Old 12 July 2005, 09:26 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kyl3cook
2 Suicide bombers were shot in Canary Wharf on the day of the bombings
Where did you here that?
Old 12 July 2005, 09:27 PM
Kyl3cook
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
Where did you here that?
I can't say as I was probably not supposed to know, but it's 100% true.
Old 12 July 2005, 09:28 PM
TomCat
Scooby Regular

Scary that British citizens would do this to other Brits.

Obviously its mass murder and horrendous, and nothing excuses it, but maybe invading Iraq had something to do with it?

For a bit more than just the same press releases repeated, look at the local press:

http://www.leedstoday.net/ViewArticl...icleID=1082690
Old 12 July 2005, 09:34 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

I can see no reason at all for police to lie about any aspect of this.

What is, perhaps, a little positive thing about this is that the bombing itself was a pretty simple attack that probably involved no one outside of this four person active service unit. Once the unit is exposed then there is every reason for them to keep going, every operation they carry out after the first one is a bonus on borrowed time before they are apprehended. However, if they were eliminated in the operation then it is possible that is the end of that particular active service unit and that others may not be in a position, for many reasons, to become active in the near future. With this in mind it is possible that there will be no further attacks for quite some time.

It is also possible that many of these terrorists are still motivating their supporters through reference to the 9/11 "spectacular" and so they don't currently need a similar event to gain more recruits and encourage their supporters. Such large scale attacks expose a lot of activists to a high level of risk and don't really offer much more in real media impact in pure terror terms and so they are probably reserved for when things are not going too well at home.

Again when you look at the pattern of Irish terrorism you can draw simple parallels. What is interesting from that perspective is that the bombs were not "nail bombs" as they would have been with an Irish attack. Clearly if the bombs had been packed with 20lb of nails and other sharp objects with no forensic value then the death toll and injuries would have been even more horrible than they were. With this in mind I don't think the bombers were going for a lot of fatalities and such a result might have been an "own goal" for them (in a similar manner to the Omagh bomb in Ireland) as muslims may have been among the dead.

So while there may be a lot of hoax events in the next while I would be hopeful that there may not be another attack for some considerable time, if ever.
Old 12 July 2005, 09:34 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Kinda blows out the claims that they did not know they were coming. Well, it would appear to anyway.

Hopefully the mainstream media may publish something...in the next 50 years....
Old 12 July 2005, 09:36 PM
Diamond Dave
Scooby Regular

Convenient
Old 12 July 2005, 09:37 PM
Kyl3cook
Scooby Regular

I would have thought the whole story will come out soon, hopefully. I'm not sure if they were shot before or after the bombings.
Old 12 July 2005, 09:44 PM
TomCat
Scooby Regular

Interesting - is this an urban myth?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?...ectID=10334992
Old 12 July 2005, 09:52 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TomCat

I'd say there's something in it to be truthful. Does anyone remember watching the live coverage on 9/11 when the news channels were reporting a plane crashing in a field, etc. Suddenly all news of this crash stopped being reported and soon enough the whole thing was being denied. Eye witnesses have reported seeing the plane shot down (all sorts of conspiracies sprang from this - was the plane back under control of the pilot and therefore a cover up could be exposed) and this is viable as shooting down a hijacked plane is on the US's terror mandate. However, once the security forces had said the word the entire incident was forgotten.

This is similar to the reports of the shooting of at least one bomber at Canary Wharf last thursday. One minute it was cramming the headlines and the next gone, as if nothing had happened. Now I know the media can be accused of over glamourising or sensationalism but they're rarely that WRONG altogether.

I'd say there's a good chance we're being 'protected' from the truth that it could all have been a lot worse but only time will tell I suppose.
Old 12 July 2005, 09:53 PM
Kyl3cook
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TomCat

it's no myth. I havn't seen that article, but I suppose that someone must have seen the incident.
Old 12 July 2005, 10:28 PM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

I heard the story of a suicide bomber being shot at Canary Wharf too - it was doing the rounds of various firms in the city on Thursday. I was later told by a friend that there had been a shooting in the vicinity, but it was some drug-related shooting. I don't know which is true, but would suspect that if one or more suicide bombers had been shot by security forces, then it's unlikely that it would be covered up as it's a story of successful interception and lives saved on a day of otherwise bleak news.

As to the attack involving no one outside of the four person team....weren't the explosives confirmed as military grade and sourced from the Balkans? This would almost certainly mean that outside parties were involved and most likely masterminded the attacks. The fact that there were only 4 bombs is possibly something to be grateful for, as I'm sure that more would have been detonated at the same time if enough volunteers who were prepared to die could be found.

I do think it's only a matter of time before there are further such attacks though. But what I find most worrying is the possibility that at some time in the future the device is not 5kg of high explosive but a small tactical nuclear weapon or "suitcase bomb"....because we can be sure that the will and desire to detonate such a device in a city such as New York or London is there amongst some of the extremists we are dealing with.

Gary.
Old 12 July 2005, 10:36 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I do think that there will be more attacks in the future, that is just inevitable

However, the tactical nuke thing will not happen. There are far more devastating ways to attack a city without having the hassle of getting a nuke. I'm sure that they already know what they are, but I'm not going to post about them anyway, just in case.
Old 12 July 2005, 10:37 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

As to why they do it ... basically they are stark raving mad. Just takes a lunatic to guide them along and hey presto, we have nitwits willing to blow themselves to kingdom come in the name of Allah or whatever name he goes by this week.
Whether or not they think they are going to Nirvana or some such place, it must be a hell of let down for them to discover that 's that and the end of the line. No virgins, no glory, no nothing !
Just a big pity that as soon as 4 go, there's another 4 waiting in the wings to take their place.
Madness, pure and simple.
Yve
Old 12 July 2005, 10:39 PM
JohnRoly
Scooby Regular

I agree Luminous, thats the reason I got real scared when i saw the people coming out the Aldagate Underground station - could have been sooooo much worse, kinda relieved in a way.
Old 12 July 2005, 11:57 PM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

Bollox.. media reporting on what the majority of us want to hear. The only possible deaths were those on the bus.

Why are the media so full of pretentious crap?
Old 13 July 2005, 08:06 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

The media have a lot to answer for in the way they talk it all up as it suits them to
increase the sensationalism.

If they really were suicide bombers it wont take the organisers long to find some more as was said. I don't believe we have seen the last of this for a moment!

I don't think they will necessarily stick to conventional explosives either.

Les
Old 13 July 2005, 12:50 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

It occurs to me that perhaps the witness honestly believed that he saw someone shot. For example perhaps armed police were called to a situation totally unrelated to the bombings and asked the suspect to lie on the ground. The witness may have assumed that the person involved was shot, because he ended up on the ground with no one near him and the police then jumped on him.

I think it important to remember that despite the bombs life, and crime, was going on as normal for the majority of people in the UK and so a very many normal things happened that day that were totally unconnected to the bombing.
Old 13 July 2005, 08:09 PM
Kyl3cook
Scooby Regular

believe it or not, but I *know* the shootings are true.
Old 13 July 2005, 08:11 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

believe it or not, but I *know* the shootings are true.
I really wanna believe you but how about just a smidge of evidence, or even your version of how you *know* they're true.

Quick Reply: All four bombers may have died in the blasts