Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Kids, what can we do??!!

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2005, 07:32 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Kids, what can we do??!!

There I was driving in the S2000 along the A1 in the scorching sun with the roof down - automotive life can't get much better. I look up to one of the overpasses and note two teenagers running towards the opposite side. I know what is coming but I can't react and sure enough stones come raining down on me and the car. I pulled over into the next layby and my otherwise mint s2000 now has numerous tiny little impact chips on the boot lid I guess it could have been a lot worse

To say I was angry is an understatement, I came off the A1 and spent 20 minutes hunting the back roads for them. To be honest I think (even if they had been 12-16yo) I'd have gotten pretty rough with them if I'd found them because I was fired up big time.

I'll say this though - this sort of activity is nothing new. As I type the news is on TV about the atrocity that was the terror attack on London. But what Tony bLiar forgets when he vows to catch these peeps is that there is a bombing about once a decade killing dozens of people yet much more are killed every weekend by thugs in town centres, by idiots dropping bricks on cars doing 70mph down motorways and over and above this the UK population is terrorised every day by its own wild youth population.

Do something Tony, do something right now
Old 11 July 2005, 07:49 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

He, cant,.... and has admitted it,,,

he let loose the little ******* with his "human rights" and pc crap, and when the problem comes home to roost big time, "he" wont be in power, and all they will do is spin the incumbent gov with how ineffectual they are...

i seem to recall there are 154 agencys to aid and help criminals, but only one for victims...!!!!!!!!

unfortuantly the only we option we have today is to be bent over and
buttf*cked

you cant give them some instant justice,, youd get done for assualt.

you cant tell them off, it would hurt there feelings

so ask your mp next time you see him... what do we do???

now if it had been billy junior in the car, his minder would have called the local nick, a parrafin budgie would have been in the air, and they would have been arrested and detained under the prevention of terrorism act...

sadly it seems that this is the only law that can be used these days...

M

britain the new prison camp of eurpope
Old 11 July 2005, 08:00 PM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kenny,

I feel for you and I am glad you got out safe. The issue isn't with the Government or T Blair, its with us.

We are the ones (well some of us) who don't discipline our children, don't take responsibility for them and their actions in any way, don't bring them up with a decent set of values, allow them to get away with murder, kick the heads in of anyone who dares to complain that our beloved angels are *******, and so on. I see this unacceptable adult behaviour everywhere, and we wonder why the moral fibre of our society is fast going to the dogs?

When you get a mother whose 3 daughters under 15 have gone and got themselves pregnant and presented society with their offspring, blames that fact on the school they went to rather than the fact that she is a ******* **** poor mother for not educating her daughters properly nor correcting their behaviour early enough to stop this from happening in the first place, and you begin to see where I am coming from.

On a lighter note if you still had the Scoob you would have had fuel surge just before the incident happened and you would have managed to avoid it. :

Look after yourself

WB
Old 11 July 2005, 08:36 PM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Absolutely spot on.
Old 11 July 2005, 08:37 PM
Johnny50
Scooby Regular

Kenny,

Sorry to hear that.
Maybe a good thing you didnt catch them though....
Hope it can all get sorted without great cost.

Oh, and seen your motor sitting in Leith Walk on saturday night..was lookin good.
Old 11 July 2005, 08:39 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Was in La Favourita (pizza place) and I'd highly recommend it - best pizza in edinburgh by far. They use a log fired oven
Old 11 July 2005, 09:15 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Horrible thing to happen to the car. Bloody youth of today

I agree with WB that part of the problem lies with poor parenting skills, and the ease at which the parents will blame anything and anyone apart from themseleves for the things their kids are doing.

Can we stop it? I'm not sure. We've come, unfortunately, too far down the road where you can't give an unrully kid a clip round the ear for fear of being arrested, or attacked by said kid.

Bringing back the cane in schools might help, but can't see it happening any time, human rights types and the PC crowd would say it's a bad thing.

Fear, that's what's needed I think, fear. We didn't do "bad" or "naughty" things because we feared the consequences of them. If we scumpped apples and got caught then we knew the farmer would tell Mum, mum would tell Dad, and Dad would get out the belt/slipper and we'd be taught a lesson, and it'd probably stop us from doing it again (or making sure we did not get caught ).
These days kids don't seem to be scared of much. They know that someone cannot clip them round the ear or they can run and get them arrested, they know the police will rarely do much, so they get away with way more than we did.

Maybe more stringent parenting advice in schools would help? Not that the kids go to school anyway, but if we educate kids about being parents, and about good moral and ethical values, maybe, just maybe it'll sink in and help to ease things. I doubt it though.

Society changes, and not always for the good
Old 11 July 2005, 09:31 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Unhappy

Idiots.......idiots...!!!...........Am i missing something...???..........these people are murderers even if they are insane.
Old 11 July 2005, 09:37 PM
wrx-ian
Scooby Regular

Bring back the birch is what I say. That will teach them a lesson.

Had my house burgled last year, they caught the 15 year old scum that done it and the only punishment he got was to be put on a youth offenders rehabilitation programme!!! Made to write us a letter of apology!!! Which if you consider he nicked about £2500 worth of stuff is a bit of a **** take.
Old 11 July 2005, 09:43 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Do you not think if TB had the answer to these problems he'd not implement it.Its the same the western world over.The only example we have is of the USA who have gone down the longer,harsher prison sentances route.Not the prefect solution,but in an imperfect world its the best we have.

I cant think of any other solutions tbh.
Old 11 July 2005, 09:45 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx-ian
Bring back the birch is what I say. That will teach them a lesson.
Do you honestly think that would make a difference to a burglar high on drugs?
Old 11 July 2005, 09:49 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

There is no quick answer to it, its the **** society we live in today
Old 11 July 2005, 10:01 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by +Doc+
There is no quick answer to it, its the **** society we live in today
Its not a **** society we live in,its just we have a different set of challenges.
Old 11 July 2005, 10:16 PM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mart360
.. the only option I have today is to bend over and be buttf*cked
Mart, does it hurt? I know PS Lewis has a thing about this and always says to pick up the soap first...
Old 11 July 2005, 10:19 PM
AndyP2005
BANNED

Punch out every ****** you can at every opportunity. I find this helps me get by day to day anyway
Old 11 July 2005, 10:21 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

For those of you who think it only happens in the UK, I was taking a romantic boat ride with a gurrrl through the rivers of one city. Passed under one bridge, noticed some kids - next thing I know she's picking dog crap off her jacket, and some out of her hair. Charming.

Seems worse than Kenny's at the time, but at least she could wash it off.
Old 11 July 2005, 11:04 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

That is nasty

I think the lack of fear in children and teenagers is the problem. When I messed around as a boy I knew that my dad would belt me proper hard if I took it too far and the scariest things when messing around was that you'd get caught and taken home to the old man. Nowadays if 'dad' whips out the belt dad finds himself in custody!!
Old 11 July 2005, 11:06 PM
AndyP2005
BANNED

And look how you turned out, classic.
Old 11 July 2005, 11:10 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I turned out ok First in my family history with a degree and professional qualification, never spent a minute in a cell, don't do drugs, steal or claim any benefits like 90% of the popultion seem to do.
Old 11 July 2005, 11:12 PM
AndyP2005
BANNED

Exactly.
Old 11 July 2005, 11:18 PM
Country Boy
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by AndyP2005
Exactly.
What "Exactly" does that mean?
Old 11 July 2005, 11:22 PM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

Trouble is, kids have no respect purely because it has been interbred. They have no elders to advise them in a friendly tone what is and is not acceptable. Anyone in authority only serves to put them down. For them, there is only anarchy as an answer to their frustrations. No one listens, no one provides alternatives... all the authoritative bodies do is tell them off which only makes them want to rebel even more.

I know, that's a little rose-coloured specs perspective but it's a correct perspective.

All they get is threats and disrespect so in turn rebuff what they know to be right and just . They get labelled from the outset. I bet most are gorgeous kids just looking for a bit of attention and lets face it, most kids don't get that these day. Parents out working all day, too tired to take notice in the evenings

Surely, if we learn by example, then how we treat our future elders is just as important as we expect to be treated?

OK, that's a bit deep but psychologically speaking, I'm probably closer to the mark.

Just because their parents don't give them true values others in society can
Old 11 July 2005, 11:27 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I think part of the problem is that the only people that have any authority over children are the parents who can't watch them all the time. In fact, many of the parents that claim little johnny is an angel probably actually believe that. In the past any adult could/would give you a clip around the ear if you misbehaved but now that would be jail time.

I remember I broke (by kicking it) a part of a guys fence down the road when I was a kid and he ran out shouted at me and lifted me clean off the ground by my throat. I cried and ran up to my parents and told them what happened and my dad said, 'you must have done something to deserve it' and left it at that. Could you imagine if that happened these days. When I was a kid messing around I had to hide my antics from nearly all adults and not just my parents.

We need to drop this PC crap and allow adults more authority to clip a bairn round the ear.
Old 11 July 2005, 11:29 PM
AndyP2005
BANNED

When I was a lad, yawn....
Old 11 July 2005, 11:31 PM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

You're quite right saxo boy, to a point.. however, I don't really condone violence (except to Andy P2005 LOL).

Until the judicial system ignores these silly PC cases, we are stuck with it I'm afraid.
Old 11 July 2005, 11:33 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

A slap round the head is not violence - part of the problem in the PC world we live in is that any act of touching someone is taken as voilence now. Take football for example - fart on a player and he's down rolling around. Back in the day you'd have to go clean through both legs to give away a free-kick.

Btw, what is andy's problem?
Old 11 July 2005, 11:35 PM
AndyP2005
BANNED

Originally Posted by Soulgirl
You're quite right saxo boy, to a point.. however, I don't really condone violence (except to Andy P2005 LOL).
Shame really, as I'd like to get rough with a bit of elderly rough
Old 11 July 2005, 11:36 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Just been through andy's history and he's a troll. Most likely a 10 year old that likes to hang around bridges with bricks. <ignore>
Old 11 July 2005, 11:36 PM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

When someone slapped you round the head as a youngster, what did you think? Which is why you probably don't think it's out of place now. Trouble is, a slap round the head is violence, which can only escalate.

Would you smack your own child round the head and be comfortable with it?
Old 11 July 2005, 11:37 PM
AndyP2005
BANNED

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy

Btw, what is andy's problem?
Nowt. But you're too young to be sounding like a whinging old git IMO. Go give them a kicking and get it out your system or put up with it and stfu. Blair aint gonna help you, lol

Quick Reply: Kids, what can we do??!!