Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

5 years for stopping to help PLEASE READ!

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2005, 02:08 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 5 years for stopping to help PLEASE READ!

http://www.sxoc.co.uk/vbb/showthread...ighlight=Jack0
I dont care if this is an SIAL, please read and sign this pettition.
http://www.petitiononline.com/333JACKO/petition.html
Why? next time it could be you, thats why.
astraboy.
Old 09 July 2005, 02:36 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

I would like to see the prosecution evidence too. I can't help but think something is missing here.
Old 09 July 2005, 02:45 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

what was the actual charge? also dont believe the " pleaded guilty to get light sentence then was penalised" stuff. There are tariffs and discounts etc that are well known. Something else going on here.....
Old 09 July 2005, 02:47 PM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Please don't take this the wrong way, i'm in no way suggesting the man is guilty of causing the accident, or that he deserves's any sort of punishment, but the thread state's that in appauling wet condition's...and then go's on to point out that evidence suggest's he was travelling at an AVERAGE of 90mph, also the way it's worded make's it sound as though the author is just bragging that a Fiesta is nowhere near as fast as a 200SX, now i appreciate it's an SX forum, (and we can all be guilty of hyping our car's a bit) but i just believe the way it's worded is not doing the poor guy any favour's.
P.S. Just my two pence worth, certainly not trying to upset anyone, or start an arguement.

Shaun.
Old 09 July 2005, 02:50 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

90 mph in appallingly wet conditions...... hmmmm
Old 09 July 2005, 03:04 PM
Aaron C. Reskew
Scooby Regular

Location: I made Miss Ugly M Lardarse my Princess and we're having a baby!

It has been proven from video evidence and timing of a phone call that Stephens brother made, who was a passenger in the Nissan along with his fiancé Louise Johnson that the Nissan was travelling at an average speed of 90mph. Which is a valid point, however we are not disputing that both cars were speeding. We're disputing that both cars were racing. It's near impossible that a Fiesta with the weight of 3 people in, with around 75bhp less than the Nissan would be any match for the Nissan.
So maybe the Fiesta driver thought he was in a race?

How could these two cars be truly racing? A Ford Fiesta Zetec S with around 115bhp would stand absolutely no chance on god's green earth of keeping up with the high powered 200SX pushing around 200bhp. The Nissan was even behind the Fiesta during the supposed race.
The Nissan was losing....

Stephen is accused of causing the deaths of the two young men that died. We don't believe that and we don't think you do either. Stephen is currently locked up 23 hours a day in Shrewsbury prison, he and his family are in despair and need your help. Please help us get our friend out of jail for an offence he did not commit by signing this petition.
I think not matey, the Police and CPS thought there were enough grounds to charge him and the courts found enough evidence to convict him.
Old 09 July 2005, 03:44 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They weren't racing? - but the Fiesta was IN FRONT of the Nissan and the Nissan was averaging 90MPH

It's beside the point whether one car is far superior in performance to another .... if the slower car thinks it's a race, then it's a race!!

The Nissan, by averaging 90MPH, in APPALLING wet conditions WAS racing something!! - at the very least, its clearly dangerous driving!

I assume he got 5 years for causing death by dangerous driving?

AS he wasn't actually driving the Fiesta then I find the jail term harsh ......... but a message needs to be sent.

As has been said above, there is a HUGE hole in this story - I would like to hear the 'other' side of events first.

Pete
Old 09 July 2005, 04:07 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

115 bhp fiesta is a match for a 200bhp SX. I owned a 200sx and in the wet, you couldn't use the power. Once moving at those speeds you'd need a long bit of clear road to get by he fiesta. Easily possible in most conditions but not appaling weather as described.

T0 AVERAGE 90mph you've got be going some. The reason for the crash, an under inflated tyre. hmm, 90mph + over a dip in the road is the more likely cause, and this speed was in poor weather, why washe doing this speed, most likely as he was being chased by a 200sx!

That said he could have stopped or let the 200 past but decided to press on. For this fact only I think the sentance is harsh as stated above he was not actually driving the car that crashed. Something missing though.
Old 09 July 2005, 04:07 PM
wakeboardar
Scooby Regular

any car could race any car, to win is a different story not a good line of defence hope it all goes ok for him seems like there has been enough heartbreak there already
Old 09 July 2005, 04:39 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

its like trying to get off an asult charge by sayong "but im 6ft 6 and hes only little" !!!
Old 09 July 2005, 05:34 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Not gonna comment on anything else but to echo what others have said, a z-s, handling beautifully and go-kartly like as they do, could quite easily hang onto a 200sx in the wet - unless it was a dead straight road maybe.

COndolances to families of those deadified.
Old 09 July 2005, 05:56 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

More to the point if the 200SX was having to "average" 90 Mph and was behind in appalling weather (hardly in a a 200SX's favour) one can imagine they were both "trying" to a greater or lesser extent.

I dont for one minute think he was to blame for the deaths (that must lie soley with the guy driving the Saxo beyond his/its limits) and the sentance sounds harsh, but to suggest they werent "racing" simply because the 200SX has a few bhp more is farcical.
Old 09 July 2005, 06:09 PM
al3x
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
90 mph in appallingly wet conditions...... hmmmm
The law does state we can only go 70mph max. Like it or not, if you go over, you break the law. And in the wet, rear wheel drive, 90mph AVERAGE, hmm, not for me thats for sure!
Old 09 July 2005, 06:28 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

*sigh*
All I asked was for you to sign the petition.....

astraboy.
Old 09 July 2005, 06:30 PM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

I think what people are trying to say is, how can we sign a petition if we have'nt got all the fact's.
Old 09 July 2005, 06:38 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by astraboy
*sigh*

astraboy.
sorry mate - I'm sure you didn't want all this grief. But I would he hard pushed to sign a petition in these circumstances for someone I knew let alone a complete stranger.... hope it all goes well for him anyway.
Old 09 July 2005, 06:42 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

From a legal perpscetive it is a matter of joint enterprise. They were BOTH racing and therfore each becomes responsible for the others actions....I assume the charge was causing death by dangerous driving.

It's a sombre reminder to us all not to race(not getting on my high horse at all) on public roads, but I guess we have all done it.
Old 09 July 2005, 06:48 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davyboy
I would like to see the prosecution evidence too. I can't help but think something is missing here.
What he said!
Old 09 July 2005, 07:15 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by astraboy
*sigh*

astraboy.

and your reason was that "next time it could be you"

no it wont....i wouldnt race at 90mph + in the wet.
Old 09 July 2005, 07:36 PM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tiggs
and your reason was that "next time it could be you"

no it wont....i wouldnt race at 90mph + in the wet.
Ditto.
Old 09 July 2005, 07:58 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Isnt this panning out like a f*cking typical ScoobyNet thread?
Old 09 July 2005, 08:17 PM
EXSCOOBY
Scooby Regular

im sorry ive read the details and they were racing its *** heads like this that cause accidents
id give him 10 yrs and a life ban
Old 09 July 2005, 08:20 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

With the information given, it seems very harsh. Hence I think we are missing something.

Quite how some Impreza drivers moan about him doing 90 in the wet, when I keep reading about the wet twisties is a bit rich!
Old 09 July 2005, 09:27 PM
scoobyjohn2000
Scooby Regular

sounds a little harsh, if they had been doing an average of 70 mph in bad weather or 90mph in good weather would he off got the same sentance?racing or not he was only driving one car not the other..but of course we never speed or go out in the wet only on private roads
Old 09 July 2005, 10:42 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GC8
Strange that ......... considering it IS Scoobynet and it IS a typical thread ..

Gold Medal for stating the bleeding obvious

Pete
Old 09 July 2005, 11:55 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8

whats that? someone posts an example of someone driving like an idiot and expects support for it because we have fast cars?........yep...sounds typical.
Old 10 July 2005, 12:02 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Ffs; you both know very well what I mean.
Old 10 July 2005, 12:10 AM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

this is how it seems to me-

u drive along join a national speed limit dual carriageway road, whilst driving a bit spirited-as you happen to join a car in outside lane is also driving spirited-unbeknown to you he has faulty equipment on his car and coupled with road and conditions he looses control and crashes etc etc-u do your good samaritian bit and help at crash scene and get jailed for helping-erm excuse me-just cos you mite be driving at 90 mph doesn't mean you are racing that car in front of you-ffs get real if im doing 50 on a road and a car is doing 50 in front of me am i racing that as well??? erm no cos not so at 90 dont mean im racing anyone just that we both happen to be going along at same speed-glad i read this post tho as of now if i see a crash and im following-sorry to say but sod those in car i wont stop-justice at its best i guess-help the victims of crime etc etc-yep rite-nuff said rant over
Old 10 July 2005, 12:17 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ^OPM^
this is how it seems to me-

wow...human court room. No need for judge, jury and...god forbid....evidence, .lets just use what you think.
Old 10 July 2005, 12:18 AM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

sometimes i join motorway-i like to get on sometimes-so say i am in 3rd lane-doing 90-there is say a car in front of me-traffic clears then he either goes faster then i wish to go in which case he does so and off he tootles or he pulls into inside lane and i go past him and off i tootle or sometimes he just happens to want to drive at roughly same speed as me in which case we tend to follow each other-suprisingly enough-just cos we are driving at same speed dont mean we are racing-ffs are everyone travelling along a 30 limit road in a moving traffic jam racing???

Quick Reply: 5 years for stopping to help PLEASE READ!