Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

what type of floor tiles

Search this Thread

Old 07 July 2005, 03:15 PM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what type of floor tiles

what type of floor tiles, are non slippy after mopping (ie wet)
and also looks good , as its for a restaurant.

OR what other suggestions could there be

no carpets. due to absorbing liquids.
i thought of laminates, but they are very expensive for the better ones, and i don't feel they last that well during wear and tear.
Old 07 July 2005, 03:26 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

You can then get after market products such as "slip-stop" to stop floors from being so much of a hazard when wet.

I'd be more inclined to go solid wood than laminate for the wear, but good ceramic tiles will take a lot of abuse as well.
Old 07 July 2005, 04:21 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Depends what "look" you want but Rhino Flooring is brilliant. It looks good, and has virtually no slip properties. We had it down in our hardware store and allsorts was spilled onto it over a period of time. Nothing became dangerous to walk on. It aint cheap and has to be a certain temperature to lay but it beats the socks off most other surfaces.
Yve
Old 07 July 2005, 05:27 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

we put terazzo in retail floors before. looks great when sealed and polished properly but is bloody expensive! 9 times out of 10 will last longer than the building!
there is a lot of natural stone about these days that will provide a quality look for a much more reasonable price. as ollyk says you can apply and after-market non-slip coating. i'd look at either travatine/travatino (depending on who's selling it) or something in clay with a similar appearance and a lower price tag if i were you (limestone appearance/effect has been and still is very popular in new houses over the past 5 years or so - seems to have less of a fashion factor than other stones i think, in the same way that oak is considered more timeless than say sapele, depending on how it's finished of course).
Old 07 July 2005, 08:01 PM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

where can i get more info on these,

will the local b&q or tile shop has 'em?
Old 08 July 2005, 08:41 AM
richardg
Scooby Regular

you will probably find them in b&q or topps tiles (if you're looking at the travertine, i would suggest honed and filled rather than "antique") - look for a local trade supplier in your area. there are few examples on this page - www.stone4less.com
Old 14 July 2005, 04:44 PM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

sorry to bring this up again,

i went to b&q the other day and the travatine feels too smooth, may be abit slippy,
basically it (if it becomes succesful) is for a restaurant area, so i don't want any one slipping then sueing me,need something suitable for health and safety the area is 1638 sp ft. (153 sqm i think)
whats my best option, for price

i looked at aqualoc lam flr, and remembered the extra bits and pieces and thinks its very expensive,
there is some ok tiles, which costs about £10 sqm. which i can fit myself and the other bits aren't that expensive.

i don't want something that looks tacky too

what about safety flooring(vinyl)
http://www.rbvinyls.cjb.net/

do you think this is a genuine antislip or do you think this is just the name of it?
http://www.toppstiles.co.uk/detail.p...o&action=&gid=
Old 14 July 2005, 05:13 PM
Zuby
Scooby Regular

no no no no. i work in the flooring industry.

if u want it to be slip resistant look into Armstrong Rhinofloor they have new feature called rhino grip which makes it slip resistant. Or their competition Novilon Aqua grip. Both these i dont think will look too good in a restaurant, they are for domestic areas. they work out at about £20.00 sq m for the good ones and come in 2/3/4 meter widths.

Wot i recomment is Polysafe Standard which is slip resistant contract flooring. its near enuff bullet proof.

If u want more info pm me.