Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Specs question

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2005, 11:54 AM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Specs question

Can a biker get caught by one of these if pulling a wheelie towards one by the following one taking a picture say from the other side of the road i.e can they take a rear facing shot??
Old 27 June 2005, 12:18 PM
stevie boy
Scooby Regular

is this a "just wondering" or "oh sh!te specs camera whilst traveling on 1 wheel"???

don't no sorry dude

stevie
Old 27 June 2005, 12:20 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

No this is oh look here come some specs cameras which cant get him so pop a minger then ahh but at the next camers which is also forward facing there is one on the other carriageway which would then be rerar facing has it ghot him??
Not really speeding through the points though just a moment of anti camera madness I guess
Old 27 June 2005, 12:37 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

IIRC the Specs only catch the forward facing number plate so all bikes are exempt. I'm campaigning to get it rear facing as this is discriminatory towards car drivers. It's only fair and I could quote your example in a test case!

F
Old 27 June 2005, 01:03 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Floyd
IIRC the Specs only catch the forward facing number plate so all bikes are exempt. I'm campaigning to get it rear facing as this is discriminatory towards car drivers. It's only fair and I could quote your example in a test case!

F
Thanks Floyd
So the one on the other carriageway couldnt have caught him??
As a rear facer then???
I though they were linked by sat or video or summit???
Could the forward facing one on his carriageway not have sent a message saying hello mono artist at work we`ll get him on the next rear one???
Old 27 June 2005, 01:19 PM
simo
Scooby Regular

The forward facing camaras @ Beeston, Sandy have recently been changed to rear facing ones. iirc the original forward facing one was the 1st in the country so are they now all changing to rear again to catch the bikers as well?

Birdy, I think that they are automatic no.plate readers so being on the other side it depends if 'your mate' is in their line of sight. I would guess that unless someone actually looks at the footage he will get away with it. Tell him to be more careful in future, his licence can't take it

Simon
Old 27 June 2005, 01:50 PM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

I don't know if the camera's can get you or not, but, be careful about doing it on a regular basis, because it really ****'es the authoritie's off, and if you make a habit of it, and keep showing up on there camera's, they will make an effort to hunt you down and prosocute, i know someone who kept doing this at Sidcup, with the Gatso's on the A20, and after about a week he got pulled by the old bill, and asked lot's of question's about where he had been at certain time's the previous week,(he thought they were trying to stitch him up for a burgalary or some other crime), it turn's out they had been asked to look out for a bike matching his, that had been setting the camera's off, whilst on one wheel, it was only by chance, he had a different helmet and jacket on than normal, and managed to talk his way out of it, needless to say he stopped doing it after that!

Trending Topics

Old 27 June 2005, 01:56 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

The SPECS system is automated, it catches people exceeding the posted speed limit only. You can get drunk, mount the kerb and do do-nuts with no tax, insurance or MOT, but as long as you are not speeding SPECS will ignore you.

ETA: that's not to say if somebody reported you they couldn't dig out the footage and go through it by hand. Again that assumes the system does maintain all the images it takes for some period and not just ditch it as they exit the zone.
Old 27 June 2005, 01:57 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

He never go`s to this place normally anyway
Old 27 June 2005, 01:58 PM
ARRON BIRD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
The SPECS system is automated, it catches people exceeding the posted speed limit only. You can get drunk, mount the kerb and do do-nuts with no tax, insurance or MOT, but as long as you are not speeding SPECS will ignore you.

ETA: that's not to say if somebody reported you they couldn't dig out the footage and go through it by hand. Again that assumes the system does maintain all the images it takes for some period and not just ditch it as they exit the zone.
He was speeding on the back wheel past the first camera and then slowed down a lot and cruised past the next ones bout 30 they are in a 50 limit so I reckon he`s ok mesellllllf

I of course do not support this kind on behaviour in any way and see it as very dangerous and think speed cameras are a great idea especially where no one has ever been hurt and there are no schools or basically any reason to have them at all

Last edited by ARRON BIRD; 27 June 2005 at 02:01 PM.
Old 27 June 2005, 02:00 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ARRON BIRD
He was speeding on the back wheel past the first camera and then slowed down a lot and cruised past the next ones bout 30 they are in a 50 limit so I reckon he`s ok mesellllllf
If his average between the 2 cameras was below the limit it would not process him as speeding. That's all it cares about. But if they are front facing cameras is isn't going to matter on a bike anyway.
Old 28 June 2005, 09:38 AM
pbee
Scooby Regular

if he is pulling a wheelie wouldnt the number plate by pointing to the road anyway, so the camera wouldnt be able to read the plate anyway from the other side of the road.
Old 28 June 2005, 09:47 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

drove through them cameras at bingham nr nottingham yesterday, theyve put another up too at watton (what ever the place is called nr the prison) was shocked to see them facing to the rear too, not seen that before.....
Old 28 June 2005, 10:28 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

I had a biker pass me on the A6 a month or so ago right on top off the camera, he went by me doing about 80mph and the camera went off just as I was on top of it, thought **** am I gonna get done for that but thankfully I didn't.
Cheers
Colin