Fookin Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2005, 11:02 PM
wah
Scooby Regular

Location: Stockport Cheshire Xbox Gamertag: Scooby WRX SMACS Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fookin Ebay

I sold an item on there on the 12 June, stated that it should be paid for within 5 days!!, heared nothing by thos sixth so relisted it and left negative feedback, now this evening the w@nker leaves negative feedback for me just saying "Ripoff" and replied to the feedback I had left " I don't get ripped off ".

Now where do I stand with this I have opened a dispute log for a non paying winner is this the right course of action ??, he has also p1ssed somebody else about and they waited 6 weeks for payment !!!

Si
Old 27 June 2005, 11:10 PM
CooperS
Scooby Regular

put your email address in the reply to his feedback, then ask ebay to remove your email address, they have to remove the entire feedback, which deletes the negative mark. worked for me.
Old 27 June 2005, 11:13 PM
wah
Scooby Regular

Location: Stockport Cheshire Xbox Gamertag: Scooby WRX SMACS Member

Bollox I have already replied to it !!!
Old 27 June 2005, 11:26 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Anyone reading the feedback will clearly see who is right and who is wrong here. This feedback thing is a dodgy area. I normally leave neutral feedback if displeased, it doesn't seem to upset people quite as much but gets the message across.
The fact you stipulated a date for completion of sale, which wasn't adhered to by the buyer, is enough evidence to put potential future purchasers on your side.
Yve
Old 27 June 2005, 11:27 PM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

It's a shame as basically you can't leave negative for anyone even if they don't pay as they will then leave negative for you, ruining your ebay reputation.
Old 27 June 2005, 11:32 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

I always check the feedback of anyone that has left a negative to get the fully story so don't worry too much. When responding to his negative feedback always be civil that way he looks like the raving loon he is.
Old 28 June 2005, 08:06 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I think the whole feed back thing is a bit of a farce - I was messed about by a seller on postage. No big deal but I left neutral and got lies and a negative thrown back at me.

As an aside - do you have to leave feedback or is there an option not to?? dl

Trending Topics

Old 28 June 2005, 08:20 AM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
I think the whole feed back thing is a bit of a farce - I was messed about by a seller on postage. No big deal but I left neutral and got lies and a negative thrown back at me.

There's no obligation for you to leave feedback. Mind you - some people get really arsey if you don't leave them feedback. Some people would probably even neg you after a while saying " - Excellent seller but didn't leave feedback!"

A while ago sellers decided that it was fair for them to "withhold" feedback until they had received a positive comment first. So you've kept up your end of the bargain by paying for the item yet they want you to praise their actions before they'll leave you a comment! So you could pay within minutes and they could take 6 weeks to ship and yet if you DARE to leave them a negative comment, they'll slate you too!
Old 28 June 2005, 08:21 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

You don't have to leave feedback if you don't want to, just don't click on the leave feedback option.
Old 28 June 2005, 08:42 AM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

If the guy has pi$$ed off other users, send an email to ebay and explain the situation to them.

Not sure how it works but I think they may remove your bad feedback and ban him from the site. Good luck.
Old 28 June 2005, 08:51 AM
CooperS
Scooby Regular

Agree, they should change the system so that the seller must leave feedback before the buyer is able to leave theirs.
Old 28 June 2005, 08:55 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CooperS
put your email address in the reply to his feedback, then ask ebay to remove your email address, they have to remove the entire feedback, which deletes the negative mark. worked for me.
Very clever! but you're right the mechanism is flawed.
Old 28 June 2005, 09:10 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CooperS
Agree, they should change the system so that the seller must leave feedback before the buyer is able to leave theirs.
Cool - con merchant does a couple of honest deals, gets 100% feedback and then doesn't leave feedback on his underhand deals. Buyer can't leave feedback as the seller hasn't. Con-man keeps their 100% positive feedback. What an excellent idea!
Old 28 June 2005, 10:04 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
You don't have to leave feedback if you don't want to, just don't click on the leave feedback option.
but does that mean I have a default message on my e-bay account on the "Things to do" list saying Leave Feed Back for Item xxxxxx for ever and a day ?? david
Old 28 June 2005, 10:14 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

but does that mean I have a default message on my e-bay account on the "Things to do" list saying Leave Feed Back for Item xxxxxx for ever and a day ?? david
Guess I've removed that panel from my home page
Old 28 June 2005, 11:06 AM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no it should dissappear after 90 days , methinks !!
Old 28 June 2005, 11:13 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Ah thanks. Think there should be a choice to allow you not to leave feedback if you don't want to (aside from just not pressing Feedback link). I am currently having an argument with a seller over some duff printers; seller is now being OK about it but overall the service was ****. I can't leave a + Feedback but if I leave negative or neutral he is likely to do the same to me...... I'd rather just forget the Feedback issue in this case.
Old 28 June 2005, 11:20 AM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've had to do that a couple of times rather than run the risk of getting negative feedback for giving negative f/ back i have just not bothered !!