Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

British Gas - Customer care

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2005, 05:17 PM
Jonty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default British Gas - Customer care

I wish someone could teach BG the art of 'customer care', even if they have invested highly in it recently.

I'm no longer a BG customer because of a number of issues when I moved into a new house a couple of years back -- moving to Southern Electric a few months ago who also supply my sparks.

Just spoken to a lovely girl at BG who called me at work to ask if I'd be interested in coming back, which I'm not at the moment whilst SE have their turn.

Ironically, I'd been called by the same number 3 times today and when I answered the first 2 times I was met with silence. Okay BG, so in an attempt to attract me back you now make me the victim of dialling 'x' number of telephone numbers, only being able to deal with 'z' number of answers, leaving the rest who pick up too late to be met with silence and a wasted call.

Oh please, where do I sign..? Where do I sign..?!

Jonts.
Old 10 June 2005, 07:07 PM
matt85
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jonty
I wish someone could teach BG the art of 'customer care', even if they have invested highly in it recently.

I'm no longer a BG customer because of a number of issues when I moved into a new house a couple of years back -- moving to Southern Electric a few months ago who also supply my sparks.

Just spoken to a lovely girl at BG who called me at work to ask if I'd be interested in coming back, which I'm not at the moment whilst SE have their turn.

Ironically, I'd been called by the same number 3 times today and when I answered the first 2 times I was met with silence. Okay BG, so in an attempt to attract me back you now make me the victim of dialling 'x' number of telephone numbers, only being able to deal with 'z' number of answers, leaving the rest who pick up too late to be met with silence and a wasted call.

Oh please, where do I sign..? Where do I sign..?!

Jonts.
It is crap from top to bottom at BG.

I worked at an outsourced call-centre for BG last year. The training is crap and the job structures are totally crap. Any query gets passed onto someone else who passes it to someone else who....yada yada yada...and it obviously invariably gets lost/put to the bottom of a very large pile. As a result of that practically 0% of all genuine problems are resolved over the phone first call, most take weeks if not months and some actually do take years.

Incompetent from top to bottom. Avoid.
Old 10 June 2005, 08:52 PM
Jonty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by matt85
Incompetent from top to bottom. Avoid.
Unfortunately that's the only picture they've painted. The wife and I bought our house off my father which was previously my late grandmother's. Within 2 weeks of moving in we received a 'safety inspection' letter which gave us a date of an inspection and the threat of legal proceedings if BG weren't able to enter the property. BG also claimed they hadn't been able to enter the property in the last 24 months, even though my father had written to them and had also still been paying a regular but small bill. The service had never been stopped and there was never any previous notes or calls about wanting to get in.

A date had been agreed for said inspection and on the morning of it we got a letter stating it hadn't been enough notice. WTF..? I called to arrange another date and guess what... an inspector still turned up. I cancelled the new date and guess what... another inspector still turned up. What a mess.

In the space of 3 months we'd been subject to 4 meter readings which I thought was excessive to be honest. The 4th was ridiculous when we had a card put through the door with 'URGENT' on it. WTF was urgent about the 4th reading in 3 months?! Grrr!!

Other things which peeved me off were correspondance always addressed to 'The Occupier' even though we'd called numerous times to get it changed, a crazy bill frequency, and duplicate letters where 1 would have been enough.

After a serious letter of complaint and a quick response from BG, we were told that we'd be contacted in 10 days to discuss the matter. Well, 2 months later and nothing had been received and no-one had called. When the next bill arrived addressed to 'The Occupier', it was game over for BG I'm afraid.

Even the standard "Sorry you're leaving" flier was a pathetic touch and a sign that no-one knew what the hell had been going on.

Jonts.
Old 10 June 2005, 09:20 PM
Mrs WRX
Scooby Regular

Got to agree there. When i moved into my house there was gas and electric pre pay meters. I asked BG just after i moved in to change them to normal meters and they ran a credit check on the house (which i had only been in for a week) and turned me down. Well a year later i asked again and was told they would only put new meters in if i paid a deposit of £125 per meter which they would keep for a year! I argued with them that the pre pay meters were already in when i moved in but they didnt want to know, it is not really fair as it wasnt my debt in the first place. So i called Powergen and in the space of 3 weeks they put me 2 new meters in for free. Now BG has sent me a letter saying that i was £26 in credit on my last meter and they will refund it to me. I had the meters changed in NOVEMBER!! 7 months to tell me. I would never go back to BG.