Mugabe

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2005, 07:15 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Mugabe

Bullet in head time, surely!

Just watching a farcical interview on Ch4 news with an overtly corrupt "African Expert" singing Mugabe's praise and lieing on national television. Apparently decent houses with planning consent in areas controlled by the opposition party are now deemed "slums" and must be demolished!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4078000.stm
Old 09 June 2005, 07:40 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Old 09 June 2005, 10:15 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I didn't back the Iraq war, but I'd happily support the SAS going in and killing this evil excuse for a man
Old 09 June 2005, 10:59 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Wonder where everyone is that was singing his and Nkomos praises before they got into power. Basically Mugabe has just carried on doing what he has always done.
Needs a bullet.
Old 09 June 2005, 11:03 PM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

Will any government do more then just talk?

Most likely not....
Old 09 June 2005, 11:13 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

just tell the people to drill......
Old 09 June 2005, 11:16 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

I worked with a guy that left there a few years ago. He was not a farmer/rich guy etc but felt seriously threatened so pulled out. He won't go back and the majority of his friends are of the same mind. Again these are not the rich people, just the run of the mill workers/managers and all that knowledge and experience has now gone forever. The guy was really upset about it all and lets just say that Mugabe would not be getting invited to his house to watch the footie.
Old 10 June 2005, 06:35 AM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

Why should the debt or any other countries be written off ?? with all the money they've had with all these concert's they had *ucking million's and it's still not any better , no-one jump's in when people in this country are living poverty , youngster's living on the street's etc , i'm *ucking sick of hearing about all these countries with there problem's , WHAT about *ucking OUR'S !!!!!
They are killing white farmer's , taking over the farm's and then doing nothing with them , then there bleating on that there's a shortage of food , tough SH*T , grow your own ,that's what the white farmer's did before you took the farm , what did T Blair do ??? *UCK ALL , let it happen , *ucking *rsehole
Old 10 June 2005, 07:17 AM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think there is little hope.
Quite some African leaders openly support Mugabe, including Mbeki who should really know better For example, South African observers called the recent Zimbabwean election fair, even before the polls closed. Outside military intervention to remove him would incur the "wrath" of the rest of Africa or at the very least would probably find little support.

Time for some African solutions for African problems? i.e. Leave them to get on with it.

Suresh
Old 10 June 2005, 08:02 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh
I think there is little hope.
Quite some African leaders openly support Mugabe, including Mbeki who should really know better For example, South African observers called the recent Zimbabwean election fair, even before the polls closed. Outside military intervention to remove him would incur the "wrath" of the rest of Africa or at the very least would probably find little support.

Suresh
Quite agree with that. I have never understood why he has got so much support from surrounding leaders as an economically strong Zimbabwe would be of benefit to the region surely? Of course being black helps; if he was a white hang-over from the past then he would be rotting in clink by now or vulture food.
Slightly off topic but a key factor in the corruption business is payment (large backhanders) by Western companies to African leaders and their cohorts. Oil companies, for example, pay millions in commissions to be allowed to extract and sell oil. The scale of this is phenominal. But they can only do this with the full knowledge of the banks and I think the banks should be the target for G8. Force them into stopping these payments and haul them before an international court and take their licence (or whatever) away. Not easy but if these payments were stopped this would make a huge difference to the Africa problem. If Geldof asked for a million people to boycott one of the high street banks (they all do it) then that would be a start and they might begin to get the message. DL