Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related
View Poll Results: Should parents be responsible for their childs behaviour?
Yes
93.06%
No (It's the Governments/Schools/TV's/Everbodys fault but mine)
6.94%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Should Parents Take Responsibility For Their Children

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2005, 02:17 PM
RB5 Paul
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should Parents Take Responsibility For Their Children

Just wondering if parents should be held responsible for what their children get up to.

E.G.
1. That silly bint who let her 3 daughters have kids at silly young ages.

2. The misbehaving little sods you see running round tesco's etc screaming and being ignored.

3. The young ******* that enjoy destroying housing estates and stealing cars.

4. And good kids that do the right thing and are polite but know how to have a laugh and a joke without it being at someone elses expense (See it's not all bad )
Old 04 June 2005, 02:34 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

On our estate there seems to be a core of about a dozen boys/girls that don't have anything better to do than cause trouble and shout foul language.

Trouble is all the other kids on the estate are now tarred with the same brush.

The parents are 100% to blame IMO. Some of them are early teens and are allowed to be out all hours and drink cans of cider etc even on school nights. What planet are the parents on?

As for the Mother of the pregnant girls. Education was at fault?
I would have thought two miscaraiges and an abortion would have taught her daughter that ******** about kets you pregnant

Can also be the other way round though. A local 10 year old, who sometimes plays with my nephew, fell off her bike outside my house and badly hurt her leg (Not broken). I fetched my wife and we lifted her in the car, chucked the bike in the boot and drove her the last 100 yards home. She was the nicest mannered child you could meet and full off thanks. When her mother saw her she went off in a rage shouting and screaming at the child with evey other word being a swear word and ending in the mother calling the ten year old a c*nt.
There really isn't any hope for kids who are in the control of such adults.

Cheers
Lee
Old 04 June 2005, 03:00 PM
RB5 Paul
Scooby Regular

Bloody crazy aint it
Old 04 June 2005, 04:12 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

We have 2 kids and I'm happy to be held 100% accountable for anything they do. I believe that parents are probably 90% responsible for how kids turn out, wouldn't like to say 100% as their friends can have a big influence and that is sometimes very hard to control.

We are trying to bring them up to be polite and considerate (although not PC - sod that lol) - and they certainly know right from wrong. But that can be hard work - the easy option is to just let them do what they want, which I reckon is what a lot of these out of control kids parents do.
Old 04 June 2005, 04:15 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

I think the parents of persistent young offenders should be made to attend classes to help them discipline, control and educate their children. If the parents are blatantly oblivious to their childrens behaviour and continually ignore or encourage it, I'd bang them up with their kids.
Old 04 June 2005, 04:30 PM
RB5 Paul
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BedHog
We have 2 kids and I'm happy to be held 100% accountable for anything they do. I believe that parents are probably 90% responsible for how kids turn out, wouldn't like to say 100% as their friends can have a big influence and that is sometimes very hard to control.

We are trying to bring them up to be polite and considerate (although not PC - sod that lol) - and they certainly know right from wrong. But that can be hard work - the easy option is to just let them do what they want, which I reckon is what a lot of these out of control kids parents do.

Sounds about spot on to me,obviously you can't influence them 100% (although wouldn't that be nice )but at least trying to discipline and educate them in the fine art of common sense and consideration is pretty much the least any parent should be doing,shame a lot of people seem to think someone else should be doing it for them.
Old 04 June 2005, 05:35 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Many moons ago when ours were young, we were en route for the USofA and a lady tapped me on the shouldr and asked if those children were ours.....GULP >>>I thought, what have they been up to now ! When I replied, yes indeed they were our children, she said, " Well I'd just like to compliment you on their behaviour, they are a credit to you".
I will never ever forget that. It was a very proud moment.
Just goes to show, that good behaviour reflects well onto the parents.

Trending Topics

Old 04 June 2005, 07:03 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Apparition
Many moons ago when ours were young, we were en route for the USofA and a lady tapped me on the shouldr and asked if those children were ours.....GULP >>>I thought, what have they been up to now ! When I replied, yes indeed they were our children, she said, " Well I'd just like to compliment you on their behaviour, they are a credit to you".
I will never ever forget that. It was a very proud moment.
Just goes to show, that good behaviour reflects well onto the parents.
I did exactly the same at Christmas. We were out for dinner and a family on the next table had two small children. Their manners and behaviour were first class even though they had the excitement of Christmas day. At the bar I told the father that his children were a credit to the family.

Strengthens the parent argument as these kids attend the same scholls as the future Chavs.

Lee
Old 05 June 2005, 12:30 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I have been advocating that for a long time now. It is the only way to force them to take an interest in what their children get up to.

Les
Old 05 June 2005, 12:37 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know

So who are these 5 that think everything else is to blame for kids behaviour rather than the parents responsilibity?
I can agree that school can really undo good behaviour instilled into pre-school children (having seen it from friends) however I would love to hear the arguements as to why they deny taking repsonsibility!!
Old 05 June 2005, 01:57 PM
RB5 Paul
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoob_babe
So who are these 5 that think everything else is to blame for kids behaviour rather than the parents responsilibity?
I can agree that school can really undo good behaviour instilled into pre-school children (having seen it from friends) however I would love to hear the arguements as to why they deny taking repsonsibility!!

Unfortunatly as with everything else in this country the result of this poll does in fact conclude that it isn't the parents job to bring up their own children but everyone else's ,due to an overwhelming minority
Old 05 June 2005, 02:03 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I think the answer is obvious to anyone except the ones who aren't responsible.

Scape-goating is a fantasic way of shunning blame.
Old 05 June 2005, 03:03 PM
Scooby_Dee
Scooby Regular

Location: Stuck behind that damn tractor or caravan on a B road!

As parents both myself and my husband are responsible for our children. We bring them up to have good manners and to be polite to people. The biggest problem for us is peer groups and the pressure they face from other kids. We can only do our best to teach them right from wrong although they will from time to time become tempted by others as it's all part of growing up and learning about life.

As for that mother who has the three girls all with babies I wonder if they are all on the pill now? The minute my son came home with a love bite I went out and got him condoms and pointed out to him that it may be embarrasing to have to wear them but it's more embarrasing to be a teenage parent.