Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

freeview aerial signal booster advice sought ??

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2005, 09:39 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default freeview aerial signal booster advice sought ??

Anyone advise me on where an external add on signal booster would go within the following set up ??

have the main tv set, vcr,dvd player and freeview box, the booster has two sockets one for the tv aerial input lead and the other for patching the booster to what ??!!

the main device I have the need for this amplification is the freeview box where although the majority off channels have a good picture / signal reading am unable to receive a few where neighbours off mine can mainly the music channels and more importantly " Men and Motors " which my freeview box always fails to find even when retuned etc.

why can when the majority off channels be received on freeview there is a few that cant ?? do they not all come from the same source ??

do realise that using an external roof mounted aerial would probably cure the non reception problem off these required channels just wonder if this add on amplifier is likely to have the same desired effect enough to be off any help in my particular case ??

cheers,
john
Old 27 May 2005, 10:09 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately with amplifiers you not only boost the signal but also the noise. To get good reception on Freeview a good signal to noise ratio is needed. You are better off with a good roof mounted aerial.