Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone used Big Motoring World for BMWs?

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2005, 12:17 PM
Scumbag
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone used Big Motoring World for BMWs?

As the title. They are based in Kent, and seem to have a number of decent motors, at extremely competitive prices.
Are they any good?
Are their prices 'negotiable' or are they like the car supermarkets?
Is their 'unlimited mileage' warranty any good?
Cheers
SB
Old 02 June 2005, 11:29 PM
karen78
Scooby Newbie

Unhappy

Hi! Was doing a search for forums containing any posts of "Big Motoring World" as we have/are experiencing problems with them and came across your post:

2 weeks ago tomorrow we agreed to purchase a bmw from this garage subject to work being carried out on the car. Included in the job card was refurbishment of alloy wheels and parts of bodywork to be resprayed as the lacquer was peeling off in places. We had the promise of the owner of the garage that when we collect the car it would be in "A1 condition".

We were due to collect the car last friday (27.05.05) and had received a phone call that morning from their handout manager advising us that the work had been done and the car was ready for collection. When we arrived this was not the case as the car had been clearly resprayed the wrong shade of colour and hence didn't match the rest of the car and the alloy wheels hadn't been refurbished as we were told, instead somebody had taken a touch up pen to them (not quite the "A1 condition" we were promised).

We were not happy to say the least and have since tried to get out of the deal but unfortunately GE Capital do not offer a cooling off period and the money has already been paid out. Big Motoring World have since assured us that the paintwork will be resprayed to match the rest of the car and the alloy wheels will be replaced, to get the car upto the condition we expected. As compensation they have offered us £40 fuel and possibly a set of mats!!!

We were due to collect the car today and were let down again as the boss wanted to inspect the work himself before we can collect the car, hopefully collection tomorrow.

Another stinger is the finance we took out with them (GE Capital Woodchester) APR is 13.8% (but i guess you live and learn).

Sorry to go on, just wanted to pre-warn you of our experience.

****Added 03.06.05 @ 00:14****

Since found this link hope it helps:

http://www.ixat.net/ViewSummaries.asp?ID=1458

Last edited by karen78; 03 June 2005 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Additional Information found
Old 02 June 2005, 11:31 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

not in the last 39 years..

....although my 1st g.friends step-dad used to own the place many ,many years ago.

Last edited by dpb; 02 June 2005 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03 June 2005, 07:57 AM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

DODGEY garage springs to mind, from what I have heard (dont live to far away) Although the owner has got a nice Bentley with the number plate .... A BOSS
Old 03 June 2005, 09:10 AM
Scumbag
Scooby Regular

Many thanks for that....
I went there the other day to look at a couple of cars, and the salesman filled me with absolutely b*gger-all confidence. I dont normally have much confidence in used car salemen, so dont have high expectations. I did wonder if he was actually old enough to drive !
He couldnt seem to understand why I thought that a full BMW dealer warranty was a better bet than their £1000-maximum-claim warranty. And spookily enough he couldnt find me a sample policy to take away and look at the small print. Never got back to me about what he could get as a trade value for mine either.
Think I'll be going elsewhere!
SB
Old 03 June 2005, 10:07 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scumbag
Many thanks for that....
I went there the other day to look at a couple of cars, and the salesman filled me with absolutely b*gger-all confidence. I dont normally have much confidence in used car salemen, so dont have high expectations. I did wonder if he was actually old enough to drive !
He couldnt seem to understand why I thought that a full BMW dealer warranty was a better bet than their £1000-maximum-claim warranty. And spookily enough he couldnt find me a sample policy to take away and look at the small print. Never got back to me about what he could get as a trade value for mine either.
Think I'll be going elsewhere!
SB
Agreed, just walk away, they do not exactly inspire confidence.