Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

question about an EBay transaction going bad

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2005, 10:55 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question question about an EBay transaction going bad

I've legitimately won a bid on Ebay on the 14th May.
Tried to pay by Paypal, only for the seller to say that they haven't got a paypal account.
I cancel the paypal transaction.

I send the seller a cheque for said amount on the 15th May, as requested.

Tried emailing the seller several times now to check (a) whether or not the cheque got there & (b) when the item will be sent.

I've had NO response from the seller.

I'm thinking of waiting until say, Monday - give the seller the benefit of the doubt, he/she has 100% feedback.

However, I'm getting twitched I have a feeling that the seller didn't think the item would go so cheap and is now getting cold feet.

Will Ebay do anything?

Any advice?

Dan
Old 25 May 2005, 11:08 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Stop the cheque. I had this a while back and did stop my cheque. It turned out the seller had a genuine reason for not being in touch. But I was pretty twitchy by then so we agreed to end any further negotiations.
If it turns out that your seller is genuine, there'll be no problem in raising another cheque. Better that than losing the money.
Old 25 May 2005, 11:10 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

granted it's only 10.50, but it's the principle now.

Dan
Old 25 May 2005, 11:16 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Yeah, mine was only £23.50 but as you say, you are about 10 days down the line now. There should have been some communication by now. Definately time to get twitchy methinks.
Old 25 May 2005, 11:20 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Have you reported the item as not delivered through ebay? If not, do that 1st.
Old 25 May 2005, 11:21 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

Cheques take 5-7 days to clear, and you posted it 9 days ago, on a Sunday. Bit harsh to cancel the cheque so soon.

Granted they should respond to your email but we've all forgotten sometime or another or put it off 'cos I'm posting it in a cday or so anyway' type thing.
Old 25 May 2005, 11:32 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

That's why I'm waiting until the weekend........

Dan

Trending Topics

Old 26 May 2005, 07:54 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

you need to take into account the "possible" facts this is what ebay says anyway? the person maybe on holiday, the person maybe having a family crisis, the person may have computer problems which is preventing them from explaining any of the above. my way round it would be get the persons name, you have their address, ring directory enquires and get their telephone number.

also to the person above that suggested stopping the cheque? it costs £12 to stop a cheque and the amount is for £10.50 you do the maths.

hth

shaggy
Old 26 May 2005, 05:53 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Patience is a virtue - I've just had an email, stating that the seller's been on shift-work.

Has assured me that it will be in the post tomorrow - will reserve judgement until it arrives.

Just glad I received a response to my email

Dan
Old 26 May 2005, 09:53 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Why people just don't pull the details from eBay and phone, is beyond me.
Old 26 May 2005, 10:10 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Because SOME people are still very new to EBay, and don't know about such facilities

I don't delve into internet purchases too much as it is too annoymous (sp?) - I would prefer to actually buy something. However, I thought that was the idea of an internet-based auction........

Instead of making what could be perceived as "smart-***" comments, why not actually write a constructive post and help somebody out........

Dan

Last edited by ScoobyDoo555; 26 May 2005 at 10:13 PM.
Old 26 May 2005, 10:16 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

It wasn't a smart *** comment. It was a reply to the same shít posted on here time and time again about eBay when the majority of users can't be arséd to read what they are doing.

If the cap fits then wear the fúcker.
Old 26 May 2005, 10:24 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Hang on. WTF are you on about? Yes it was a smart-*** comment. IF it's an SIAL, then you didn't have to respond to the post.

I am not one of the "majority of users" - but you've assumed that I am. You know sweet FA about me.

If you really want to get into a slanging match over this, you'll be wasting your time. Fukc off and annoy somebody else.

My initial query has been answered and I've got a result that I'm happy with from both Ebay and fellow Scoobynet users who have been in the same position.

Yawn.
Old 26 May 2005, 10:37 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
Hang on. WTF are you on about?
You mean that needs explaining too?
Yes it was a smart-*** comment. IF it's an SIAL, then you didn't have to respond to the post.
To a dimlow maybe. Search is a great tool but I suspect too many people like the sound of their own typing.
I am not one of the "majority of users" - but you've assumed that I am. You know sweet FA about me.
You fall into that category. You use eBay "blind" then post here something that's posted twice a month at a guess.
If you really want to get into a slanging match over this, you'll be wasting your time. Fukc off and annoy somebody else.
Is this rattle yours?
My initial query has been answered and I've got a result that I'm happy with from both Ebay and fellow Scoobynet users who have been in the same position.
A search would have done that too. Maybe you'll take it in for next time?

Good luck.
Old 26 May 2005, 11:01 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Hmm I can see that the whole Ebay "thing" has you rattled. Of course I have used the search, however, every case is usually unique to some respect. So, with such a large community of helpful people (with exception to yourself, based on the manner in which you've used to target my post), I thought I may be able to get some advice.

And that is what I've got.

With all due respect, your reference to assuming my status as a "dimlow" is somewhat illfounded and disappointing, as without wishing to sound arrogant (although I can, if necessary ), I'm pretty sure others, not just in Internetland, benefit from my contribution to society.

Besides, if you saw me type, it would be blatantly obvious that my typing skills are best left to the short, sharp shock treatment.

My final (genuine) query to you is this - could you please clarify whether or not the Scoobynet administration gave you the right to come over all self-righteous regarding posts that may have been covered before?

If so, I will glady bow down to your wisdom and in future, email you first for permission to post a topic.

your ever-humble servant,

Dan - the "rattle-dropper"