Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

IT jobs/contracts in Germany

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2005, 08:32 PM
Miles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question IT jobs/contracts in Germany

The wife has been offered a teaching position in a British school in Cologne. We're heading over in about ten days to have a look to see if she likes the school and to see if we like that part of Germany.
Unfortunately I like my job in Aberdeen a great deal (pays well, work interesting and good people), so what I was thinking about would be to do alternate a few months work in Germany with a few months in Aberdeen for a year or so.

What's the state of the market for IT folk over there? Especially those with poor German . My skills are implementing and maintaining AD/Exchange infrastructure. Any recommended job agencies?

(According to Autoroute, the Nurburgring is about 50miles south of Cologne - should soften the blow )
Old 25 May 2005, 09:53 AM
gyfto1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im here in gersthofen,just outside augsburg.in engineering myself and had no german at all when i came here about three months back.said sod it all one day and came out to be with my gf.she teaches english here.not got a job yet and although am learning german its hard,with unemployment running at 12% to get one over german nationals,or german speaking people.best bet is to start on your german now.easy beginners course on the bbc languages website to get you started