Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Are you a Racist? Take this test to find out.

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2005, 01:09 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you a Racist? Take this test to find out.

According to this test, apparently I am:

"Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for White People relative to Black People."

If I managed to get that result, it doesn't bode well for black people.

I got this link from the BBC News web site. There are also tests for other types of bias, gender, asian, sexuality etc. I haven't taken the other tests, but after the above result, I'm sure I'll come out badly on all of them.

Last edited by Jerome; 20 April 2005 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Fixing link...
Old 20 April 2005, 01:20 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

"Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for Black People relative to White People"

What a load of bollocks, I'm practically neo-*****.
Funny how the knowledge that it's a test completely skews the reaction you have.

*Not serious but I'd be kidding myself to say I have a preference at all, let alone away from my own race. Ridiculous.
Old 20 April 2005, 01:24 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Three types of people in the world

Racists
Liars
& Racist Liars

It's all about degrees
Old 20 April 2005, 01:28 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasey
Three types of people in the world

Racists
Liars
& Racist Liars

It's all about degrees
I agree.. so how did I come out as prefering those outside of my own race? Makes a mockery of the test IMO.
Old 20 April 2005, 01:28 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

I got as far as 'press the space bar to continue' & **** all happened for 10 minutes so I binned it

The words 'conditioned response' spring to mind though.
Old 20 April 2005, 01:29 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Jap2Scrap
I agree.. so how did I come out as prefering those outside of my own race? Makes a mockery of the test IMO.
Or it makes you a liar .
Old 20 April 2005, 02:09 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jap2scrap
"Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for Black People relative to White People"
Interesting that if this was the other way round it would be "You're racist"
Old 20 April 2005, 02:23 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I don't need to take a test to know that I'd be seen as a racist. I've been called a closet **** in the past, as I'm not shy in commenting on how I feel illegal immigrants should be dealt with, and how we seem to bend over to accomodate the wishes of non-whites, for example, paying to build places of worship, whereas the same would not be granted for a church. I'd also be called it as I get angry when non-whites play the race card, as they know the majority of people will back down as they don't want to be called racists.
Old 20 April 2005, 02:38 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
I don't need to take a test to know that I'd be seen as a racist. I've been called a closet **** in the past, as I'm not shy in commenting on how I feel illegal immigrants should be dealt with, and how we seem to bend over to accomodate the wishes of non-whites, for example, paying to build places of worship, whereas the same would not be granted for a church. I'd also be called it as I get angry when non-whites play the race card, as they know the majority of people will back down as they don't want to be called racists.
Well said that man.

Chip
Old 20 April 2005, 02:51 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

< twangs red braces, brushes fluff from Union Jack T-shirt, adjusts laces on ultra polished DM's >
Old 20 April 2005, 03:23 PM
EvilKyote
Scooby Regular

The sites just gone down:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@projectimplicit.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Old 20 April 2005, 03:27 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

That test is a load of crap!

I got bored after about 20 seconds into it.
Old 20 April 2005, 03:30 PM
EvilKyote
Scooby Regular

Can i jsut say that test is complete and utter bollox!!!!! There is absolutually nothing in it to do with wether your racist or not. what a load of crap.
Old 20 April 2005, 03:43 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

I dont need some test to tell me if I am racist or not. I do not see things as 'us' and 'they'. I do not hate, nor hold anything against any colour, race or background for any reason. I am sympathetic towards peoples needs (asylum seekers for example) and believe everyone should do what they can to help those less fortunate.

In my eyes I see everybody as being equal. We all bleed the same afterall.

Life is too short to be bitter and to hate.

Bob
Old 20 April 2005, 05:02 PM
the moose
Scooby Regular

Your views on race have been noted in the past. And you are, by any measure (and your own admission), a racist. That's fine - everyone is entitled to their views.

Equally, you should understand that many people find your views entirely repugnant. I'm one of those people.
Old 20 April 2005, 05:10 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Not sure I agree with the test methodology. You get used to "good" and "white" being on the left, and "bad" and "black" being on the right. By the time they switch them around your hands/brain has been conditioned.

Would be interesting to see the results if they started out with "good" and "black" on the left, and "bad" and "white" on the right.
Old 20 April 2005, 05:16 PM
Tasberley
Scooby Regular

i find some of your comments disgusting... when u say " we seem to bend over to accomodate the wishes of non-whites, for example, paying to build places of worship, whereas the same would not be granted for a church "....

what a load of bull****... so are all whites of the same religion????? i dont think so!!! i think this kind of attitude is so ignorant!!!

the whole "them" and "us" attiutude dont get nowhere.... there is enough **** that goes in the world without that.

at the end of the day we are humans and as bob said we all bleed the same.

every1 is entitled to their own opinion so im giving mine..
Old 20 April 2005, 05:29 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Anyone fancy a few day's cockling? lol

Seems I am die hard racist then, oh well, guess I best cower and hide away as I'm obvioulsy a nasty naughty person for feeling that the country I grew up in has become some crazed PC mad place, where you cannot voice an opinion that has anything to do with race or religion otherwise you're branded.

For the record I don't "hate" black, yellow, brown, indigo, green or pink colored people, If I dislike someone, I dislike them regardless of race, however, some racial sterotypes do seem hold water, and so, again, this can be seen as racisim.

As for being ignorant, I don't think I am. The comment about the place of worship stems from a story I read a few years back where the local community were obtaining a grant to build a mosque, and the local authority could not say no, and gave them a grant. The local catholic church, badly in need of repair was not given a grant, and it wasn't due to lack of money. But oh no, that's not racisim, we're just accepting other peoples relgions and ideals into our country. Not a bad thing really, except when things like the above occur, and that is what annoys people.

I recall another instance where a local community wanted a "no white" area. Can you imagine the uproar if we asked for a "no non-white" area? I think double standards is the phrase I'm looking for here.

As I've said before, you want to call me a racist, fair enough, I'll accept that, but I think you'll find a fair few other people agree with some of my points, whether they come out and say it, ah, well, there's the rub. Some won't as they are afraid or being branded, and that's the issue. It's OK to voice your views, it's ok to get angry about things you feel pasionate about.
Old 20 April 2005, 05:35 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

I recall another instance where a local community wanted a "no white" area. Can you imagine the uproar if we asked for a "no non-white" area? I think double standards is the phrase I'm looking for here.
I think you have an overly simplistic view of the world. Much as I disagree with the creation of a "no white" area, it's about giving people equal opportunities, not treating people equally. There are many de facto "no non-white" areas in this country.
Old 20 April 2005, 05:43 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

One is not being rude, but can you give me an example of a de facto 'no non-white' area? Just trying to think of some and cannot. Am not being argumentative, just the old grey matter is a bit slow today
Old 20 April 2005, 05:43 PM
Tasberley
Scooby Regular

your right this is a never ending debate!!!

with regards to double standards... fair enuf... BUT just because a person/groupe of people want something doesnt make it right....... any1 can be a racist no matter what skin/religion they are...

stereotypes are exactly that... just an image and a fixed idea of what somebody is like...

i still think that ur "us" and "them" attiude is totally wrong... every1 is a human being...
Old 20 April 2005, 05:45 PM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

Of course I’m racist all white people are by default aren’t they??

Guilty until proven innocent!!!
Old 20 April 2005, 05:48 PM
steffiraf
Scooby Regular

I have to agree with Markus on this one
Old 20 April 2005, 05:57 PM
richiewong
Twatful

I don't discriminate.....

I hate everyone equally
Old 20 April 2005, 05:57 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Seems I am die hard racist then.
You certainly comne across that way

oh well, guess I best cower and hide away
you wont be missed

As for being ignorant, I don't think I am. The comment about the place of worship stems from a story I read a few years back where the local community were obtaining a grant to build a mosque, and the local authority could not say no, and gave them a grant. The local catholic church, badly in need of repair was not given a grant, and it wasn't due to lack of money. But oh no, that's not racisim, we're just accepting other peoples relgions and ideals into our country.
You're talking about a media spun story? Maybe the LA had already funded a proportionate amount of money into the Chrtistian community already. There is a new local Sikh temple being built in my locality. I would guess that somebody like yourself (ignorant) would assume it LA funded? Well, in fact its being funded by the local Sikhs. You would be either very naive or stupid in thinking that the balance in this country is in favour of ethnic minorities.

Like the BNPs 'ideal' of wanting race segregation you mean?

As I've said before, you want to call me a racist, fair enough, I'll accept that, but I think you'll find a fair few other people agree with some of my points, whether they come out and say it, ah, well, there's the rub. Some won't as they are afraid or being branded, and that's the issue. It's OK to voice your views, it's ok to get angry about things you feel pasionate about.
I think to dislike or hate someone or a whole community or race is pathetic!

Bob
Old 20 April 2005, 06:00 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tim-Grove
Of course I’m racist all white people are by default aren’t they??
No. All white people are not racist by default but if you wish to label yourself as one then sobeit.

Bob
Old 20 April 2005, 06:00 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

One is not being rude, but can you give me an example of a de facto 'no non-white' area? Just trying to think of some and cannot
Most of home counties suburbia. I live in one of them. Non-white people form a very small minority and have to put up with a lot of discrimination.
Old 20 April 2005, 06:19 PM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BOB'5
No. All white people are not racist by default but if you wish to label yourself as one then sobeit.

Bob
You obviously didn’t go to a school where white kids the minority by quite some way. Everything you do and say is racist and most of the time was punished by getting beaten up. The teachers were **** scared about rocking the boat and kept their mouths shut, the best teacher in the school was a black guy who didn’t give a crap what he said to the ethnic majority.
Old 20 April 2005, 06:26 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tim-Grove
You obviously didn’t go to a school where white kids the minority by quite some way. Everything you do and say is racist and most of the time was punished by getting beaten up. The teachers were **** scared about rocking the boat and kept their mouths shut, the best teacher in the school was a black guy who didn’t give a crap what he said to the ethnic majority.
Welcome to the ethnic minority
Old 20 April 2005, 06:39 PM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

Look like I was right then.

I know what its like to have you head kicked in just because of the colour of your skin, so contrary to popular belief racism does work both ways. Amazingly I’m not racist (or I don’t consider my self to be), I have Asian friends and we get on just fine with each other.

Quick Reply: Are you a Racist? Take this test to find out.