Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

New phone advice - Orange

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2005, 12:43 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New phone advice - Orange

My G/F is entitled to a new phone on her Orange contract. Can anyone advise me which is the best to go for at the mo' ? I've read on here that there are loads of really good new ones due out, and that's why there's so many offers as they try to shift old stock. Is it worth waiting and pushing for a new model, or shall we just take the best of whatever old stuff we're offered ?

She really isn't interested in many of the uses over and above being able to phone people up, but as I generally inherit her old handset each time she upgrades, I'll take this as an oppotunity to move up on some of the newer technology (eventually). The main bits we'd like are a reasonably good camera preferably with video capture, and bluetooth to be able to use a handsfree headset and link to my Mac.

Over to the phone guru's
Old 20 April 2005, 02:24 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Best look to get a Samsung D500 then, it does all you are asking for.
Old 20 April 2005, 02:35 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Also tell them that another company is offering more free min than the plan you are on and they will usually match it rather than loose your custom.D500 is good
Mac.
Old 20 April 2005, 03:03 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bluenosewrx
Also tell them that another company is offering more free min than the plan you are on and they will usually match it rather than loose your custom.D500 is good
Mac.
I like the look of that phone Don't even need to add bluetooth to the lappy as it has USB

More free minutes would be a bit of a waste really, as she hardly ever uses the 60 she gets now (just checked this months bill and she has 60 carried + 60 new, so 120 which she'll use less than half). Even a bundle of free texts is worthless as neither of us can be @r5ed spending 2 minutes typing a text when a 20 second phonecall does a better job. Do you think we could maybe ask for free voicemail retrieval, as this is where she racks up most of her charges ?