Reading of wills

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2005, 09:00 PM
wah
Scooby Regular

Location: Stockport Cheshire Xbox Gamertag: Scooby WRX SMACS Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reading of wills

Ok my wife's gran has just passed away this morning, she has made a will which my wifes mother has got but claims that her gran has left everything to my wifes mother and if she had passed away before her then it would have all gone to my wife. However we find this had to believe as she was not the kind of lady to see my wife with nothing so what I am wanting to know is, should my wiifes mother have read the will or should it be read by somebody official ie a solicitor etc

Your answers are all welcome

Si
Old 09 April 2005, 09:17 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Si- Sorry to hear the news.

I guess if your Mother-in-Law had knowledge of the wills whereabouts then she can do with it what she likes. It's what's in it that is important.

If you disagree with it's content then it's the beginning of shítty street. You could always contest it but if a solicitor says it's valid then I can't think there's a great deal you can do.

One thing is for sure though I doubt whether your MIL will be best pleased.

Not an easy one.
Old 09 April 2005, 09:36 PM
wah
Scooby Regular

Location: Stockport Cheshire Xbox Gamertag: Scooby WRX SMACS Member

Yeah she only knew where it was because my wife's gran told my wife way before she passed away, but should n't my wife have some right to be able to see this as it was part of her family!!, I have been in this situation before when my grandad died some time back and my mother and myself got **** all because his wife claimed he never made a will.

As for contesting whats in it we don't know as we haven't even had the chace to see it since her mother got hold of it, gonna try and get her to hand it over so at least my wife can read it herself
Old 09 April 2005, 09:43 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by wah
As for contesting whats in it we don't know as we haven't even had the chance to see it since her mother got hold of it, gonna try and get her to hand it over so at least my wife can read it herself
That's the starting point but I reckon the request will go down like a lead balloon, even though in reality it shouldn't. The trouble is human emotions aren't always real.

Maybe your MIL will be forthcoming in which case you need to wait till she leaves earth before you can have your Gallardo.
Old 09 April 2005, 10:21 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Yes thats the best route, Ask you MIL to let your wife read it for peice of mind and closure.

Sorry for your wifes loss