Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2005, 03:39 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up My big interview today!!!

Just got back now!

SES: Tr. CAD Tecnician.

Interview went really well. He started off by asking me how i found out about the job (my mum saw it on notice board) and why i was changing from a manual job to an office based job. I didnt tell him the truth though! Only
that i fancied a change and wanted more of a clean working environment. He said they werent actually looking for people until May but said they decided to see me now for a "formal chat". He never mentioned my age so thats good. He liked the fact that im doing a manual job now as that will help me within this job also he said it worked in my favour that i had experience.

He told me there were two areas they worked in, mechanical and electrical. He said i would go into mechanical due to my background. I would have to attend college in Leeds to gain a ONC I think he said, the requirement all
their CAD Technicians have to do. He then said it would be upto me weather i went to uni to do a diploma.

He said im just the type of person theyre looking for and he said my personality was good for their office.

we went through to the office and he showed me a few drawings and introduced me to his right hand man who has to cover for him sometimes, they showed me a hospital theyre converting in CAD and CAD3D. Showed me some work a trainee is doing and he said you can pick that up pretty much straight away. Showed me another program called Nevi- something or other that turns cad into detailed walkthroughs.

Said hes definatly forwarding me for an interview.

Last edited by 16vmarc; 08 April 2005 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08 April 2005, 03:51 PM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

Good luck!
Old 08 April 2005, 04:00 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Good luck mate. CAD...... why did I ever get into it!