OllyK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What Poll?? Try this one: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/vote2...ml/default.stm
Old 05 April 2005, 01:47 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Don't trust either labour or the conservatives one little bit. Lib-dems are a waste of space. So at the moment I've no idea....
Old 05 April 2005, 01:48 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

It's appeard now! I expect on here Cons will get the majority
Old 05 April 2005, 01:49 PM
EvilKyote
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
Yeah but i'm interested in the SN community views.
Old 05 April 2005, 01:51 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
It's appeard now! I expect on here Cons will get the majority
Indeed. Probably because the cons policies favour the rich / business oriented people, and there are a lot of those on here. Unfortunately I don't think we have a local monster raving looney candidate otherwise I suspect they may get my vote...
Old 05 April 2005, 01:58 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lucky that the poll colours came through in the right order!
Old 05 April 2005, 02:13 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

You need an option for "Chooses Not to Vote" - I've only voted once in my life, when I was frog marched to a polling station. Living in a democracy means I'm free to vote or free not to vote - and whichever way you look at it, if you do vote, you're going to be voting for a bunch of lying, cheating scum *****.

And yes, I do accept, that because I choose not to vote I have no right to complain about anything that happens. Suits me!

As Richard Pryor said in Brewsters Millions "None of the Above"
Old 05 April 2005, 02:20 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

You need an option for "Chooses Not to Vote" - I've only voted once in my life, when I was frog marched to a polling station. Living in a democracy means I'm free to vote or free not to vote - and whichever way you look at it, if you do vote, you're going to be voting for a bunch of lying, cheating scum *****.

And yes, I do accept, that because I choose not to vote I have no right to complain about anything that happens. Suits me!
Pretty sad IMHO when you looked at the lengths that the Iraqi population went to to register their vote, facing being blown up in the queue ..... so many countries (women in this country even !) have struggled and fought for the vote.

Then you get people who have it handed to them on the plate that can't be arsed

I agree that they are all a bunch of loosers but it's something that should never be wasted .....

....again all IMHO
Old 05 April 2005, 02:27 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

There's a difference between "Can't be ar5ed" and "Choosing not too" - Not being ar5ed implies I've not even bothered thinking about it - I have - and I can't find one single reason to want to vote for any of them.

I loathe lying in all areas of life - so there's no way I can bring myself to vote for a bunch of liars.

If someone is able to convince me that any of the maifestoes are completeoly devoid of lies then I'm all ears......
Old 05 April 2005, 02:28 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iain Young
Indeed. Probably because the cons policies favour the rich / business oriented people, and there are a lot of those on here. Unfortunately I don't think we have a local monster raving looney candidate otherwise I suspect they may get my vote...
I will vote Conservative as last time, after always voting Labour.
Why? One reason. While no party in a position to win and form a Government is truly libertarian, the Conservative Party is the most libertarian.
I cannot stand this thought control, ban things, dictate your movements culture that is now the norm.
Silly old me, a child of the sixties, we thought that liberty was what we fought for across many issues.
Old 05 April 2005, 02:29 PM
Vette_76
Scooby Regular

Location: On Mars...in a cave....with my eyes shut....and my fingers in my ears!!

I too agree that they are all a bunch of losers!!

Old 05 April 2005, 03:33 PM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

where's pete?
Old 05 April 2005, 03:35 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

I will be voting Conservative - mainly because its the party which has the best chance of kicking out Labour.
Old 05 April 2005, 03:38 PM
D70
BANNED

I'll be voting labour mainly because its the party that will keep the conservatives out.
It's going to be a depressingly negative election all round.
Old 05 April 2005, 03:42 PM
suprabeast
Scooby Regular

i'll be voting conservative too
Old 05 April 2005, 05:09 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Drunken Bungle *****
- and whichever way you look at it, if you do vote, you're going to be voting for a bunch of lying, cheating scum *****.
Really?.........thats just a cop out for people who cant be bothered to even try to weigh up the issues.Lets just say they are all liars and have nothing to do with it.
Wether you like it or not,the decisions they make affect your life,try to at least put some effort into it,even if you dont vote in the end.
Old 05 April 2005, 05:11 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

.........and who will i be voting for,maybe Lib Dem or (at a push) Labour.
Old 05 April 2005, 05:14 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr
Really?.........thats just a cop out for people who cant be bothered to even try to weigh up the issues.Lets just say they are all liars and have nothing to do with it.
Wether you like it or not,the decisions they make affect your life,try to at least put some effort into it,even if you dont vote in the end.
Duh - that was the point I was making - I have put some effort in and I choose not to vote. I weighed up what they've said many, many times and I've watched while the tories and labour make excuses to break just about every 'promise' they make.

I have the freedom to choose whether to vote or not - and I choose not to.

You choose to vote and I respect that and anyone's choice of party - it's a personal decision - but no one seems to respect the right not to vote.
Old 05 April 2005, 05:14 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

But if you accept that they are all liars, how can you weigh up the issues, as you have no idea which party is actually going to do anything about then
Old 05 April 2005, 05:20 PM
Nexuas
Scooby Regular

I think it is quite fuuny the way many people say, I would vote lib Dem, but it is a waste of a vote as they will never beat the other two... If everyone who said this voted for them, then there may be a chance of them getting into power.

There is a another way...

DBW why don't you vote Libdem and register it as a protest vote against the main two parties??? As they are the least likely to get in then they have the least to gain from lying so I am assuming they are mostly telling the truth???
Old 05 April 2005, 05:21 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Drunken Bungle *****
Duh - that was the point I was making - I have put some effort in and I choose not to vote. I weighed up what they've said many, many times and I've watched while the tories and labour make excuses to break just about every 'promise' they make.

I have the freedom to choose whether to vote or not - and I choose not to.

You choose to vote and I respect that and anyone's choice of party - it's a personal decision - but no one seems to respect the right not to vote.
So go to the polling station and write "None of the above" on the paper, at least it will up the spolied paper count. Your choice will be recorded as a turned out to vote, and chose not to rather than as apathy.

You have also only mentioned Lab and Cons, what about Lib Dem, the greens and the countless other parties. Have they anything to offer? Have you looked or have you just considered them ALL to be liars as well?

Have a look here to compare the policies of some of the main ones.
Old 06 April 2005, 09:14 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I'm with Olly on this one
Old 06 April 2005, 10:20 AM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

What if someone asked you to give them £100 in return for some goods/services but you KNEW CATEGORICALLY, from past experience of them lying and breaking promises, that they'd take your money and use it to buy things that you felt detrimentally affected you...

Then, several other people asked you for £100 each with similar promises as above but who ALSO had a history of lying and taking money from people...

Would you be treated with contempt if you chose to keep your money in your pocket? No - only a fool would give their money to ANY of the liars.

The sensible person would hold onto their cash...

The election is a robbery that NONE of us can defend ourselves from (whoever gets in is going to cheat the hard working population) so choosing not to vote could be seen as simply demonstrating reluctance in being screwed.
Old 06 April 2005, 10:33 AM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

de·moc·ra·cy [ di mókrəssee ] (plural de·moc·ra·cies)

noun 1. free and equal representation of people: the free and equal right of every person to participate in a system of government, often practiced by electing representatives of the people by the people.

I have a democratic right to vote and, therefore, a democratic right not to vote. I choose not to. I am not apathetic - I have taken a lively interest in politics in the past but found it to be utterly futile. Instead of wasting time voting for a bunch of people who promise the earth and then fail to deliver, I put time and effort into trying to change my bit of the world for the better.

I do find it quite amusing though that some of the people who will argue over politics in here will denounce religion because "it causes wars"

As I said - I respect people who choos to vote, no matter who they vote for - why do people find it hard to respect the choice not to vote? Is it just easier to denounce us a bunch of apathetic cranks rather than intelligent people who simply choose to exercise a different democratic right? A society where people are forced to vote ceases to be a democracy.
Old 06 April 2005, 10:43 AM
Spring Heeled Jack
Scooby Regular

Location: was he a creature, an alien, or a man wearing some strange costume and a hidden jumping apparatus

I look forward to Labour being removed from office. A clean sweep with a new broom is what this country desparately needs.

As for the can't vote won't vote morons. I have nothing more to say on the subject.
Old 06 April 2005, 11:47 AM
suprabeast
Scooby Regular

Has anyone ever thought that if you are not happy with the current party and every term you vote for the opposite one then eventually they are gonna have to change their ways..

for example imagine the tories get voted in this time, and they dont perform so people vote labour next... the tories are gonna think "well ****... if we did a better job we'd still be in office"

so then now labour is back in government and they do a crap job, so next time around people vote tory.
Old 06 April 2005, 12:01 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some extra votes available here!!
Old 06 April 2005, 06:37 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

We need lewis to post some more of his New Labour garbage so it will boost the Tory vote even more!!

Old 06 April 2005, 07:11 PM
matt85
Scooby Regular

The Conservatives are making the type of noises that i want to hear and i no longer trust Labour. And the Lib Dems are, as far as i am concerned, a waste of space, therefore i shall be voting Conservative.

Interesting point- If, on a ballot slip, there was a sentence that stated 'Tick this box to show your total apathy for British politics and all of the above parties'...

a) What would you imagine the turnout would be?
b) What would you tick?

Last edited by matt85; 06 April 2005 at 07:16 PM.

Quick Reply: POLL - Who will you be voting for in the elections