Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone ever been to Santa Eulalia - Ibiza?

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2005, 06:05 PM
seven x
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever been to Santa Eulalia - Ibiza?

Maybe going the with girlfriend and child in the summer but poss put off as someone told me its very quiet and everywhere shuts at 22:30!?

Anyone been there?
Old 30 March 2005, 06:28 PM
seven x
Scooby Regular

Cheers. What are the restraunts like? As we have our 7 year old girl with us we will be eating out then maybe go onto a bar. i heard everything is based around a harbour/port area?
Old 30 March 2005, 07:10 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Been there on a day trip from stopping elsewhere. It's a big enough resort wih a bit of choice so you should find something of suitable level for 7 year old. Most of the towns in Ibiza are based vaguely around a port/harbour type area!

Major nightlife is just as likely to be at San Antonio as Ibiza town, but not difficult to get bus/taxi to either.

As for restaurants, there's some very nice ones there. I do also have a vague recollection of "Il Destino" or similar, in one of the towns in the centre of the Island - fantastic Tappas bar.

Please forgive the dodgy spelling of anything foreign!
Old 30 March 2005, 07:18 PM
seven x
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hades
Been there on a day trip from stopping elsewhere. It's a big enough resort wih a bit of choice so you should find something of suitable level for 7 year old. Most of the towns in Ibiza are based vaguely around a port/harbour type area!

Major nightlife is just as likely to be at San Antonio as Ibiza town, but not difficult to get bus/taxi to either.

As for restaurants, there's some very nice ones there. I do also have a vague recollection of "Il Destino" or similar, in one of the towns in the centre of the Island - fantastic Tappas bar.

Please forgive the dodgy spelling of anything foreign!
No worries mate, thatnks for the info. So it Santa Eaulia 100% doesnt 'shut sown at 10.30?!
Old 30 March 2005, 07:40 PM
Manda_po
BANNED

There is one street with loads of good, cheap restaurants on it. I don't remember it shutting too early, but if you are taking a seven year old I don't you will be wanting clubs will you? We went in May and to be honest it was just opening for the season, so I would aim to wait until at least the end of May beginning of June.
Old 30 March 2005, 07:41 PM
seven x
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nat21
Please be aware that there is no need to go to san Antonio - ever. It's just a big **** hole. The San antonio bay area is ok though
I dont plan to!
Old 30 March 2005, 10:18 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Got to admit I don't think we even stopped the car in San Antonio, so I'm not arguing with that comment.

Other thing I seem to remember about Santa Eulalia was the sales offices for sunseekers, and other nice boats - IIRC the marina there is where all the posh cruisey boat types dock. Couldn't help thinking "if I ditch the house, I could get a 60' luxury cruiser, live on it and rent it out/crew it through the high season - there must be worse ways to make a living"
Old 30 March 2005, 10:25 PM
Manda_po
BANNED

I remember a "rock bar" full of locals which is where we spent most of our time.