Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

When did sports shops stop selling sports equipment?

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2005, 03:27 PM
djuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When did sports shops stop selling sports equipment?

Now it's been some years since I've been in a high street sports shop but today I needed to buy a new tennis racket and anyone would think I had been searching for something out of the ordinary.

I visited JJB Sports, JD Sports, Soccer Sports and someone else I can't remember in Reading this afternoon and would have been in my element had I been looking to buy a baseball cap or a two tone polo shirt or perhaps some extremely white trainers.

However, I was obviously stupid going to a sports shop for sporting equipment as none of them had so much as a football!

Last edited by djuk; 28 March 2005 at 03:31 PM.
Old 28 March 2005, 03:30 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by djuk
Now it's been some years since I've been in a high street sports shop but today I needed to buy a new tennis racquet and anyone would think I had been searching for something out of the ordinary.

I visited JJB Sports, JD Sports, Soccer Sports and someone else I can't remember in Reading this afternoon and would have been in my element had I been looking to buy a baseball cap or a two tone polo shirt or perhaps some extremely white trainers.

However, I was obviously stupid going to a sports shop for sporting equipment as none of them had so much as a football!
Shops are dead when you can eBay everything.
http://search.ebay.co.uk/tennis-rack...jsZ1QQfromZR40
Old 28 March 2005, 03:31 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Sports shops just cater for football ive noticed nowadays.
Old 28 March 2005, 03:48 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Strange me and the mrs bought tennis rackets from the Sports Shop (cant remember name) on the Industrial park behind Safeway on Basingstoke Rd. First place we looked and they had them at a good price so no need to look elsewhere. The one next to halfords and pets at home.

Simon.
Old 28 March 2005, 03:51 PM
stormyuklondon1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by djuk
Now it's been some years since I've been in a high street sports shop but today I needed to buy a new tennis racket and anyone would think I had been searching for something out of the ordinary.

probably no use to you due to location, but there is a shop on wigmore street in london that sells nothing but tennis stuff