Anyone on here work for Orange?

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2005, 02:31 PM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Anyone on here work for Orange?

Need some help but get no joy from 150 just wondered if there was anyone internal that could at least give me some advice.

Basically I upgraded my phone on the 9th March and eversince my voicemail has been unavailable meaning that if I am on a call or somewhere with no service the caller gets a no service ring tone and I get no notification so the call is for ever lost. I have a business lanline diverted to this numebr when I'm not in the office and as such I am losing trade.

I am also unable to send SMS, MMS or email.

I've now spent over 10 hours on the phone to their customer services all at my expense and am no nearer a resolution. I am trying to escalate the problem but they refuse saying that they do not see that an escalation is required as the fault is with Technical support who say they are still 'trying ' to resolve it. They refuse to re-initiate my old phone and sim and re-fuse a refund.

I've spoken to trading standards who have said that the sale of goods act does not apply to upgrades so there's next to nothing I can do other than wait.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 22 March 2005, 04:05 PM
Jockster
Scooby Newbie

to pick up your voicemails dial 07973100123 and you should get through to your voicemailbox. I'm not sure whats going on with the settings but you can get them sent over the air from websites such as Sonyericsson, Siemens etc depending on your phone manufacturer. IF all else fails go into an Orange shop and really play up, they should be able to sort something out there and then.

Cheers
jockster
Old 22 March 2005, 04:13 PM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Orange shop only dial 150 (or the number they use) and put me back to customers services, as it's deemed an upgrade they say there's nothing they can do it is all with Orange themselves.

If I dial my voicemail from an outside line the minute I enter my mobile number it cuts off.

Orange say that it is a problem with the voicemail server that my account is now associated with and until the fault(s) with that particular server are resolved I will be without voicemal and outgoing SMS, MMS and email. They agree that all new accounts now are told not to associate with that server as it's faulty so I suggestedt that they delete my account and set up a new account as they would any new user today. "Sorry sir but we cannot do that" after much questioning they just repeat and repeat and repeat the same old spheel "We cannot do that"

It is soooo frustrating.
Old 22 March 2005, 04:32 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Cancel the contract. Cancellations may sort something out for you, if not you can take your number elsewhere. The voicemail is part of the contract IIRC so they are in breach of the contract as they are not providing the services you require. If they don't fix it go elsewhere or start a new contract.
Old 22 March 2005, 04:55 PM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Cannot cancel, the upgrade tied me into a further 12 months if I cancel I have to pay the remaining rental.

As far as breach of contract read the print, it basically says that they will do their best to provide all services but sometimes they will not be able to provide such services and will no way be held responsible.

I've tried everything but am getting nowhere fast. I could really do with someone within Orange that could follow it up as I ge the feeling that as soon as I'm off the phone that's it until I ring again.