Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Shell V-Power - are we getting it now? But...

Search this Thread

Old 16 March 2005, 01:06 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shell V-Power - are we getting it now? But...

...and this is a big BUT.

Stopped off at Fleet Services to fill up with Optimax last night. Stood there freezing my nuts off while contemplating if I should lift off a little so I can make it to my usual garage and marvelling at how they can charge 10p a litre more on the motorway...

On the pump was a sign with a fish...like the optimax ones. Only at the top of this was V-POWER. On the bottom, in small print, was www.shellireland.com.

Now, V-POWER is 100 RON in mainland Europe, however, Shell Ireland had an anouncement last year that V-POWER was being launched there...as a 95 RON fuel? (and roll a dice for the USA it seems)

OK, so that part of it might be SIAL, but wtf was a V-POWER advert/sign doing on a UK pump? Or does it just mean normal 95RON unleaded is about to be rebadged and relaunched (confusing anyone who might drive in the UK and abroad) ?

Anyone seen or heard anything? Didn't get a chance to ask in the shop nor did I see any leaflets so it could be just the wrong signage. Nothing on www.shell.co.uk so could be nothing at all. Could also be a clever link in with the fact Ferrari are using V-POWER in F1 this year?