Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Update on police action.

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2005, 06:39 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on police action.

You will probably remember my thread enquiring to the worth of the police force in anything other than motoring offences.

Are The Police Any Good For Anything?

Well time's passed and the girl's bail date came and went on the 3rd March. After many, many phone calls trying to get an update I finally got someone to tell me the outcome.....

Not prosecuting.

Not enough evidence!

Apparently my girlfriend's eyewitness statement means nothing against the word of a pikey scum girl with previous form for vandalising cars.

Thanks CPS.

edited to add: What a miserable 1000th post
Old 15 March 2005, 06:40 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

You can prosecute them yourself if you choose.

Simon
Old 15 March 2005, 06:42 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
You can prosecute them yourself if you choose.

Simon
Yeah the copper told me that tonight, and if it was an adult I definitely would, but as she's a minor and I'd be lucky to see any form of compensation I have to ask myself whether it's worth spending a lot of money on a case.
Old 15 March 2005, 06:42 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

By the way; congratulations on your one thousand'th post...
Old 15 March 2005, 07:11 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

So actually the police are good for something cos they arrested her in the street - perhaps you'd like to rename the link as "are the CPS good for anything?" Credit where credits due and all that
Old 15 March 2005, 08:26 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

There has got to be a market for a forum whereby several unconnected people who have been let down by the 'justice' system can exchange information so that one person's justice can be exacted untraceably by some other wronged party, a la 'throw momma from the train
Old 15 March 2005, 08:47 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
There has got to be a market for a forum whereby several unconnected people who have been let down by the 'justice' system can exchange information so that one person's justice can be exacted untraceably by some other wronged party, a la 'throw momma from the train

Well, there's a website: http://www.findahitman.com/

Steve.
Old 16 March 2005, 10:46 AM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2
So actually the police are good for something cos they arrested her in the street - perhaps you'd like to rename the link as "are the CPS good for anything?" Credit where credits due and all that
Not really Warren. It took a fair few days for the police to bother arresting her. Then they omitted to question many people we'd told them were at the scene. We also heard of her bragging about it (hearsay I know) but we pointed the police in the direction of those who she'd been confessing to but they didn't follow it up.

If you remember there were several girls at the scene who said they'd be prepared to give statements. Only one of those 'leads' were followed up (her best mate and next door neighbour!) so basically the CPS were presented with my girlfriend's word against hers.

The reason I blame the CPS too is that she has previous for the same thing and the only witness she has that she didn't do it was her best mate - hardly impartial. They're saying that my girlfriend is not impartial and therefore her word means nothing.

You can only blame the police so much - I agree - but the whole thing was dealt with an apathetic manner. The only copper who came out of it with my respect was the one who I spoke to yesterday who had to deal with me being told that it'd been dropped.
Old 16 March 2005, 10:47 AM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boxst
Well, there's a website: http://www.findahitman.com/

Steve.
Liking that
Old 16 March 2005, 11:39 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that, it just seems that the police have so little time to actually get away from form filling and to do some real police work that they won't take on a case such as yours.

I think that is very regrettable since that will only encourage these problems to get out of hand completely.

I still think that parents should be made to pay for damage caused by their children. Might encourage them to take an interest in and control their children for a change!

Les