Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Al-Qaeda 'has 200 on UK streets'

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2005, 12:36 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Al-Qaeda 'has 200 on UK streets'

Ratcheting up the fear level amonst the populace, former Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir John Stevens says up to 200 Al-Qaeda "terrorists" are operating in UK and the threat of attacks is real.

In his support for proposed anti-terror laws he claims that: “The main opposition to the Bill, it seems to me, is from people who simply haven't understood the brutal reality of the world we live in.”

Sounds like he is firmly in New Labours pocket then. Probably thinking about ensuring he gets his life peerage. Frankly Mr S tevens those that oppose the bill are those that do understand from the lessons of history how a police state is created.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4322611.stm

UB

Last edited by unclebuck; 06 March 2005 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06 March 2005, 12:37 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I think most of them work for the Safety Camera Partnerships
Old 06 March 2005, 12:39 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Why would Al-Qaeda attack a country that supports multi-culturism Or does this place need clensing of non-muslims?
Old 06 March 2005, 12:42 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, UB, lets do what the Tories want ..... NOTHING!!

Pete
Old 06 March 2005, 12:46 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Angry You really are a fuc king twit!

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Ratcheting up the fear level amonst the populace, former Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir John Stevens says up to 200 Al-Qaeda "terrorists" are operating in UK and the threat of attacks is real.

In his support for proposed anti-terror laws he claims that: “The main opposition to the Bill, it seems to me, is from people who simply haven't understood the brutal reality of the world we live in.”

Sounds like he is firmly in New Labours pocket then. Probably thinking about ensuring he gets his life peerage. Frankly Mr S tevens those that oppose the bill are those that do understand from the lessons of history how a police state is created.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4322611.stm

UB
Did it ever occur to you that he might be right?

Here in Holland, the AIVD (Dutch MI5) have more than this number of islamic extremists under observation and links have been proven between these groups and Madrid. Or is this all the imagination of New Labour too?? Fuc king idiot!

Suresh
Old 06 March 2005, 12:49 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Ok, UB, lets do what the Tories want ..... NOTHING!!

Pete
Because there is no threat. It's all made up. There are no demons under the bed, simple.
Old 06 March 2005, 12:49 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Suresh

Here in Holland, the AIVD (Dutch MI5) have more than this number of islamic extremists under observation and links have been proven between these groups and Madrid. Or is this all the imagination of New Labour too?? Fuc king idiot!

Suresh
F**k off tosser!!! There I'm debating on yuor sad ****** level.
Old 06 March 2005, 12:51 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Because there is no threat. It's all made up. There are no demons under the bed, simple.
Thats right .............. 9/11 was like the Appollo trip to the moon in 1969 ... a fake!

Pete
Old 06 March 2005, 12:52 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Red face Bell end

F**k off tosser!!! There I'm debating on yuor sad ****** level.
Why do you keep on starting mind-numbingly pointless and stupid threads? I think the answer is obvious...

Old 06 March 2005, 12:53 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

How can you state that as fact unless you are able to review the top secret intelligence information youself. Of course you might be sitting there with it in front of you, but I somehow doubt that. In the absence of this information, all we can do is to trust what the people in charge are telling us.

Better that there is too much security than too little and we all get blown up or infected with biological weapons etc IMO...
Old 06 March 2005, 12:55 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Red face Give me strength

HA HA HA HA.
Keep going Mr. Chamberlain...
Old 06 March 2005, 01:02 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Thats right .............. 9/11 was like the Appollo trip to the moon in 1969 ... a fake!

Pete
Pete, how many terrorist attacks have there been since 911? I'm not talking about anything directly related to the American invasion of Afghanistan or Iraq.

Hmm, let me think ..................... none.

There was one attempt with that idiot trying to light his shoe, but he should never have boarded the plane with any explosive. Says more about the security at Airports than it does about the UK's anti-terrorism laws.

Are these 200 people in the UK "terrorists" or just suspected? if they're suspected then we should be compiling evidence against them and taking them to court.

I've seen MoD "threat" reports and after 911 they ran to well over 4 A4 pages. The majority mind you were about Northern Ireland. Sure there are "threats", but I still think they are being exagerated in order to make the public scared and show the government as knights in shining armour on their way to save us all.

Does anyone really believe that we are under iminent threat from a nuclear or biological weapon? I mean seriously?
Old 06 March 2005, 01:54 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Whet I don't understand is that if the police already know that 200 Al-Qaeda "terrorists" are operating in UK, why don't they arrest them and charge them under exisiting laws?

These laws are no more about anti terror than banning fox hunting was about animal welfare.
Old 06 March 2005, 01:56 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I cant say whether there are that number of terrorists skulking around or not. So far they don't seem to have made much of an attack on the country though.

I believe that the loss of our civil liberties in the proposed manner is too much power to give to politicians. They are in the business of amassing as much power as they can as are their supporters, and even if we felt we could trust this lot we could not forecast whether future governments might be quite happy to misuse those powers to their own advantage. We know of course that they are very good at setting up independent enquiries.

I also believe it is morally wrong to imprison anyone without proper evidence being presented in a court and being judged by an independent authority. Those are the protections we have in law at the moment. We should never allow those to be thrown away because of statements by the government and their biased supporters with their statements which are designed to alarm us into accepting such a momentous loss of our rights.

If they want to keep people in prison or house arrest, then let them prove the necessity in open court, and if they cannot present the evidence because it is not convenient to do so, then they will have to do better and secure legally acceptable evidence that they can reveal in court.

The loss of our legal protections is not worth it when you look at the possible outcome in the future.

Les

Last edited by Leslie; 06 March 2005 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06 March 2005, 02:01 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

Load of old cobblers. Ever since Labour have been trying to get this 'anti-terror' bill through, the old fear tactics have been doing the rounds again.

If someone wants to commit a terrorist act they will. No country in the world even with the most strict police state can stop it happening.
Old 06 March 2005, 02:05 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

this bill will really help stopping someone driving a truck into central london (random example) and pushing the button.

Farce

the threat of terrorism in the uk is nothing new..... except the IRA was a real threat and actually cArried out stuff.
I see no difference between then and now to be honest- except the IRA worse ski masks not turbans.

if someone wants to do something horrific- they will do. Not exactly hard to do- all the laws in the world wont prevent it.

Last edited by Freak; 06 March 2005 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06 March 2005, 02:10 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Suresh

Suresh
u would say that wont u suresh the ardent enemy of islam

i doubt it 200 al qaida members, b-o-l-l-o-c-k-s
Old 06 March 2005, 02:13 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Why would Al-Qaeda attack a country that supports multi-culturism Or does this place need clensing of non-muslims?

mate they dont see how many muslims they kill or even in the uk, they want revenge for britain jumping in the bandwagon with the usa, thats a different story its not about if they give a damn about mutliculturism, u seen what zarqawi does with the muslims in iraq, turks, pakistanis, syrians etc etc u think he will give a damn if he commits an atrocity against a multiculture society, no way, the guy is more evil than osama himself, he makes osama look tame, osama is forgiving compared to zarqawi mate
Old 06 March 2005, 02:23 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I suppose those that die are martyrs to their faith, terrorists seem to have answser to everything
Old 06 March 2005, 03:07 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

There's nothing like history for repeating itself

Anyone not aware of what I mean do a Google on any or all of the following:

House Committee of Un-American activities or Senator J McCarthy
The Stalinist Purges & Laurentii Beriya
The French Revolution

All of the above involved the erosion of civil liberties by Government on the grounds of 'protecting the public', followed closely by persecution of anyone who didn't toe the party/mob/media line

If Labour win the next General Election you can bet your life it will be the last truly free election this country will see
Old 06 March 2005, 03:09 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by ALi-B
I suppose those that die are martyrs to their faith, terrorists seem to have answser to everything

usually do mate, its sick, i.r.a and the loyalists used to say the same casualties of war, its different when its your own flesh and blood, u ever noticed they never ever send their own kids to their death or war or martydom

its always others, usually teenagers from poor families
Old 06 March 2005, 07:12 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

That Sir John Stevens guy made an excellent point about how all these human rights laws always end up benefiting the terrorists/criminals rather than your average law abiding citizen.

Hardly surprising to hear theres 200 Al-Quada trained terrorists living in the UK - there must be at least 10's of thousands of potential Islamic terrorists living here.

What I always find worrying is that when theres been a terrorist atrocity such as beheading of hostages in Iraq or a bombing you rarely hear the attack being condemed by Islamic groups - instead they'll try to justify the event, blaming the Jews or Americans as usual, as Moses often demonstrates.

Surely only a matter of time before theres a major attack in the UK. Difference between the IRA and middle-eastern terrorists seems to be that where the IRA would generally carry out small scale attacks, the latter seem to go for a well planned large-scale 'spectacular' attack.
Old 06 March 2005, 07:55 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by **************
If anyone believes Al Quaeda is some small tin pot organisation that poses no threat they are very mistaken. I suppose 9/11 and the Bali bombings were nothing were they? They happened on opposite sides of the planet but by terrorists affiliated to Al Quaeda. Just because nothing has happened in the West since 9/11 does that mean the terrorists arn't biding their time waiting for security to lapse and then do it all over again?

This is the first thing I think I have ever agreed with you on. However, we may not be able to stop them, but we can certianly do our best to find out what they are upto and try and foil their plans or keep on delaying their plans by putting a spanner in the works.

true and my dear friend theirs another way to stop meddling with muslim countries affairs and be fair with palestine and stop following what the usa does

i guarantee their will be no attacks amen.

osama said himself and so did his lot
on tv so many times
Old 06 March 2005, 08:26 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by **************
Moses we will have to disagree on that one, in my opinion OBL uses the issues of Saudi and the USA presence and interference as a way to get Muslim support for his cause, when his real reasons for having issues with the US and its allies are to do with them ******* him over when he worked for them in the Afghan/Russia war.

How did he go from working for the USA to now being their worst enemy? Has he not always been a devout Muslim, or so he would claim? So what changed? American foreign policy hasn't thats for sure. I believe he was dumped on by the USA when the Afghan/Russia war finished and the USA stopped working with him. Since then he has devoted his time to getting revenge on them by building up a terror network and increasing the severity of his attacks from small suicide attacks on American war ships in the Gulf to Embassy bombings in Africa to taking out the twin towers on US home soil. That is nothing to do with religion or American foreign policy, its about being done up like a kipper by the US Government when he once worked for them.

mate he worked for the usa before they had lesser power over arab regimes and saudi arabia wasnt occupied with the usa army, before the iraq war and etc etc etc , he didnt work for the usa he got weapons of them and wanted to liberate a muslim country, only people who helped him with weapons was the usa and it was obls men who got martyred against the russians

he didnt work for the usa or take a wage the man spent his own millions making roads and hospitals, he felt betrayed coz the usa left the country in **** after using them to defeat russia.

and then he became real bad once this israeli and palestine and iraq and saudia arabia thing got out of hand

as u know his first enemies were the saudi regime before the usa

and take it from their, he became a fanatic afterwards

and yes he wasnt really religious and used to drink and luvs arsenal football club and had a catholic arab girlfriend who he loved alot

then he felt the pain of the muslims in afghanistan when he was a young lad as u know
Old 06 March 2005, 08:31 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

I think it is imprtant to bear in mind that the government has consistently LIED about its 'intelligence' to justiify its dubious political objectives......remember we invaded Iraq on the basis that Saddam had WOMD, and could attack us in a matter of minutes...to date NOTHING has been found, and this shows that the 'intelligence' was false......also remember the 'sexed up' Phd thesis used by the government to hype things up

This government are masters of spin, constantly scaremongering the populace with threats of armageddon(sp!).....

The false claims of the government together with the trigger happy tabloid media, create a pretty toxic cocktail. Remember when the 'intelligence' service foiled an al qaeda plot to bomb old trafford...headline news......but it didnt quite make headlne news that all 10 were released without charge...ie there was no bloody plot.

I for one am sick of trial by media and the evil spin doctors running this country, they really are the biggest threat by far.

As for those who believe the hype I guess its always easier just to believe what you are told rather than to use your own mind to evaluate it...
Old 06 March 2005, 08:38 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

If anyone believes Al Quaeda is some small tin pot organisation that poses no threat they are very mistaken. I suppose 9/11 and the Bali bombings were nothing were they? They happened on opposite sides of the planet but by terrorists affiliated to Al Quaeda.
There was no organisation called Al-Qaeda before the Americans created it. There have been terrorist acts by fundamentalists in the Middle East and Asia for many years, no one said squat about an organisation called Al Qaeda being reposnsible for them then. You can affilliate about every terrorist organisation in the world if you want to. The IRA can be connected to terrorist organisations in Central America and Palestine. You could connect them back to my cornflakes if you look hard enough.

This is the first thing I think I have ever agreed with you on. However, we may not be able to stop them, but we can certianly do our best to find out what they are upto and try and foil their plans or keep on delaying their plans by putting a spanner in the works.
It never stopped the IRA from attacking. If security is so tight and has prevented x number of attacks so far (we're told) how the hell do Fathers 4 Justice and the pro-hunt demonstrators walk straight into the Houses of Parliament?
Old 06 March 2005, 08:53 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

Bravo, this is exactly the opinion the mass media and government want the masses to have. 9/11 justifies everything from random arrests to invading sovereign nations.......where does it end I wonder......once we have invaded every msulaim country and removed the despotic leaders (who we put there in the first place)?

The bottom line is we now live in a time where the government can do whatever it likes all in the name of 'intelligence' and'security' and in many instances it makes us no better than the very regimes who we revile and seek to 'democratise'.

Quick Reply: Al-Qaeda 'has 200 on UK streets'