Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why is the Fridge hot but the Freezer cold

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2005, 09:06 AM
blueone
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Why is the Fridge hot but the Freezer cold

I have a Creda Fridge Freezer. The freezer is working fine. The fridge compartment is to warm, but the warm fridge light does not come on. The fast freeze works on the freezer which somehow makes the fridge slightly colder, but still to warm to keep anything fresh for longer than 36 hours.
I did last week turn the fridge temp control up and then down again and now this is happening. The to warm light worked as it came on last week when I set the temp higher. When I unplug from the mains the pump noise/condensor stops running.
This will teach me to play with it's ****
Old 02 March 2005, 09:15 AM
Jye
Scooby Regular

I had this problem, turned out that the top compartment of the freezer channels cold air up to the fridge. This was blocked by unidentified meals, frozen rolls and other such crap that my gf thinks we'll eat some day

afaik this has to be kept pretty much clear.
Old 02 March 2005, 09:20 AM
blueone
Scooby Regular

I'll have a look and see if any vents are blocked in the freezer, cheers.
Old 02 March 2005, 09:25 AM
richardg
Scooby Regular

is it in the house or out in the garage/shed? compressors won't work on some models when it's too cold - ie if the appliance is in the garage and there is no heat out there

if it's in the house, then i don't know!
Old 02 March 2005, 10:06 AM
blueone
Scooby Regular

It's in the kitchen right next to the cooker, otherwise I would not be able to open the kitchen door. It had to go like this as I had the appliance before I moved here and it was the only way it would fit in! I've taken most of the covers off and the fan in the freezer spins ok. Took the cover in the fridge off and I felt cold air blowing in, had a look and there is a bi-metallic strip which is used to control the flap. Have placed it in the freezer to see if it closes up and will take it out once closed and see how long it takes or if it opens up more.
footnote
I dont care so much about the food going off, I'm more concerned about my booze being to warm!
Old 02 March 2005, 12:08 PM
blueone
Scooby Regular

Have managed to remove the flap so that cold air gets into the fridge but now the bulbs not working isn't that typical!
Old 02 March 2005, 11:14 PM
washer
Scooby Regular

Default fridge not cold beer!

Originally Posted by blueone
Have managed to remove the flap so that cold air gets into the fridge but now the bulbs not working isn't that typical!
is this a frostfree ? creda temp light on the front does it have a fan in the freezer if it has the ductin is blocked remove panel in freezer and remove all ice you will see avent hole some were to the left of the evap and one at the bottom on the right hand side they take cold air upto the fridge compartment
also check the fridge door hasnot dropped on some models there is a switch that operates the light this is the fan switch as well washer