Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Is this punishment to severe ?

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2005, 03:17 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is this punishment to severe ?

Baciscally No4 son Adam, is being a smart a$$ at school and got into trouble so to get it sorted this is the punisment iv'e dished out.

Q. Is it too severe or not ???

personally i reckon to see a change in him smartish.
This is the e-mail which has been sent ot his manager.

Simon,
Im sorry to have to bring this to ur attention.We received a call from Adams teacher on Thursday rgds his behaviour, it appears that he has been sent out of one lesson every day for the past week, and has started being generally disruptive in class and showing off infront off his mates.
We are going in to school on Tuesday to see his teacher rgds this and as such we are having him either moved away from his friends to sit with others, or moved out of the class altogether.

He will be on report until we decide it should end, also and this is the bit we feel its come down too, should he get one bad report during the week then as punishment he will not be allowed to play for Wollaton on Saturday, im sorry if this interferes with your selection but feel this is the only way we can make Adam see that school is not a place to mess around in and be silly but to actually knucle down and learn.
He will be available for training on Wednesday's, but please be aware that he may not be available to play on the Saturday, but should his report be satisfactory all week then of course he will be there should you require him. At the end of the day it's now up to Adam to prove he is worthy to play for you and to do so he must knuckle down and get on with his work.
Old 26 February 2005, 03:19 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

No comprende...
Old 26 February 2005, 03:20 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

good idea...you dont want him to grow up unable to write a letter without errors all over it.
Old 26 February 2005, 03:22 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Old 26 February 2005, 03:48 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

so you are not letting him play football 'cos he misbehaved ?
Have you not considered a beating with a slipper or a belt ? Did me no harm
Old 26 February 2005, 06:58 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Ignore the resident "lecturers". Yes, pretty standard "reward" procedure. You get to do what you enjoy if your behaviour in other situations is satisfactory.
You must be calm when explaining this and carry it through calmy without shouting or losing your rag.
Remember, as an adult you should have far more patience than a youngster.
Good luck.
Old 26 February 2005, 07:13 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Nice one also ban him watching any footy at all.
Old 26 February 2005, 07:20 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Why has he suddenly become a smart **** then? How old is he? Did they win without him?
Old 26 February 2005, 11:48 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Tiggs
good idea...you dont want him to grow up unable to write a letter without errors all over it.

PMSL - -just what I was thinking
Old 27 February 2005, 12:15 AM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Dazza01
Baciscally No4 son Adam, is being a smart a$$ at school and got into trouble so to get it sorted this is the punisment iv'e dished out.

Q. Is it too severe or not ???

personally i reckon to see a change in him smartish.
This is the e-mail which has been sent ot his manager.

Simon,
Im sorry to have to bring this to ur attention.We received a call from Adams teacher on Thursday rgds his behaviour, it appears that he has been sent out of one lesson every day for the past week, and has started being generally disruptive in class and showing off infront off his mates.
We are going in to school on Tuesday to see his teacher rgds this and as such we are having him either moved away from his friends to sit with others, or moved out of the class altogether.

He will be on report until we decide it should end, also and this is the bit we feel its come down too, should he get one bad report during the week then as punishment he will not be allowed to play for Wollaton on Saturday, im sorry if this interferes with your selection but feel this is the only way we can make Adam see that school is not a place to mess around in and be silly but to actually knucle down and learn.
He will be available for training on Wednesday's, but please be aware that he may not be available to play on the Saturday, but should his report be satisfactory all week then of course he will be there should you require him. At the end of the day it's now up to Adam to prove he is worthy to play for you and to do so he must knuckle down and get on with his work.
take away his tv and playstation and pocket money for 2 weeks u will be alright, if it was my dad, he would have kicked my *** so bad i wouldnt wanna get into trouble
Old 27 February 2005, 12:57 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Perfect parenting, Not too harsh and not to soft. Just right. Good luck
Old 27 February 2005, 12:59 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Tiggs - man - we just out of the game - everyone else seems 2 understand
Old 27 February 2005, 01:07 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

seems that way!
Old 27 February 2005, 11:34 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

The whole idea of a punishment is to serve him with something that he will not like and that will stick in his memory in the future. I think you have done exactly the right thing.

The most important thing now is to hold him to it, no let up whatsoever, and that way you will get the right result and also his respect.

Les
Old 27 February 2005, 11:50 AM
New_scooby_04

Sounds fair enough to me mate! IMHO you should also impress upon him that compromising his own chances in school is one thing, disrupting the learning of others is quite another. Also a bit of empathy and respect for the teacher on his part wouldn't go amiss.

By way of analogy:

-How would he feel if one player on the footie team was giving away games and spoiling chances of success for the rest of the team?

-Would he show as much disrespect for the football team coach as he has the teachers, how would he feel if he were up there?

It's not too severe at all: valuable lesson in life, you wanna play, you need to work!

All the best

NS04
Old 27 February 2005, 12:23 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know

No, I don't think Tiggs and FB are being petty. If you are going to write any form of communication, abbreviations and 'text speak' shouldn't be used and it would reflect better on the writer if capitalisation and apostrophes were in the correct place.

But back on topic, by taking away the privileges and setting boundaries hopefully the child will learn. I don't think Dazza is being too severe but he knows his child best, not us.
Old 27 February 2005, 12:34 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Little Miss STI
Mmmm, correct grammar there then!

Debs
FB was sending me a message on an internet forum in a jokey way......the original post claims to be an actual email sent to deal with a serious issue yet it looks like it was typed by a child or someone that didnt care.....neither are ideal.

T
Old 27 February 2005, 12:36 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Do not post if you have nothing decent to say, or just stay in the hutch!!
Wibble!

(someone left the door open!)
Old 27 February 2005, 12:37 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Corner
Old 27 February 2005, 01:58 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

not that im a parent or anything, but why would you punish the kid by taking away probably his main form of exercise??

in one breath people say "kids dont get enough exercise", and then in another they punish their kids by removing what little exercise they do get.

why not take away his computer games or restrict his tv watching or something instead?
Old 27 February 2005, 02:04 PM
Lagamorph
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

more importantly has he started wearing Burberry
Old 27 February 2005, 03:54 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

why not take away his computer games or restrict his tv watching or something instead?
and thats going to achive what exactly ? his love is for football so by stopping him doing what he enjoys the most, he then might stop being a smart *** and actually knuckle down and work at school

He's nearly 14 BTW

Those on here who know Adam know he is a football nut, he does what Coco Cola want you to do eat, sleep and drink football, he could probably put many of you to shame on here with his knewledge of the game, if he put the same amount of enthusiasm in school work as he does football he would be a genius:rolleyes

Lagamorph - he wouldn't be allowed in the house wearing that sh!te
Old 27 February 2005, 04:12 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dazza01
and thats going to achive what exactly ? his love is for football so by stopping him doing what he enjoys the most, he then might stop being a smart *** and actually knuckle down and work at school
sure, he might do. or he might say screw u and stop bothering with football and will pick less healthy activities that many of his mates may be into.

he's your kid, so only u know how he might respond.

but i know if i had a kid i wouldn't risk stopping him from participating in a team sport which encourages discipline, teamwork and a healthier lifestyle.
Old 27 February 2005, 05:42 PM
Angry
Scooby Regular

Sounds like an ideal punishment to me if he really is that mad on football.

The TV/playstation removal is a good one too. When I was about your sons age I was a little **** to my parents, one day I found my TV, SNES and PC missing.

My Dad had stashed them away.

Suffice to say I got on the straight and narrow pretty sharpish!
Old 27 February 2005, 11:45 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Question

Mmmm, correct grammar there then!

Everyone else? Who? Just you two in your petty little world!

This is why scoobynet is getting a bad name at the moment, down to people like you!

Dazza01 is asking a question regarding parenting, and the only thing you can find to post is that there are some errors in the letter he has written!

Do not post if you have nothing decent to say, or just stay in the hutch!!

Back to topic, Bang on Dazza! If you take away the rewards he will soon toe the line, so hats of to you!

Debs

who died and made you god?

I wasn't having a pop at Dazza. I just didn't understand the question. It appears that Tiggs didn't understand the question, but everyone else did. I have reread it now I am sober(er) and I still don't understand. May I am just stupid??
Old 28 February 2005, 12:02 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

lol...i have also reread and now conclude that part of the punishment was also to get the class skipping tearaway to write that letter!
Old 28 February 2005, 12:06 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tiggs
lol...i have also reread and now conclude that part of the punishment was also to get the class skipping tearaway to write that letter!
But, which letter was it ?

I mean, there are 26!! to choose from. This could take awhile.....