Ourageous apology to the Guildford 4

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2005, 01:57 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Edited as didn't read B2Z's post carefully

Last edited by SiPie; 09 February 2005 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09 February 2005, 02:01 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Apologies B2Z...my over-reaction

I was arrested following the bombing of an animal research laboratory, simply as I was in the 'wrong place at the wrong time'...

..very scary situation to be in

Sorry and have edited my post
Old 09 February 2005, 02:11 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Why is Blair apologising? He may have done many things, but he didn't convict these people.

Maybe an apology from the people directly responsible for the conviction, but from the PM. Cynical political maneouvering from NL and Blair, the spineless little toad.
Old 09 February 2005, 03:40 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blair should apologise for his multitude of sins against the people.

"Forgive me father for I have sinned"
"Sorry Tony m'boy, no can do. You're fcuked."

Old 09 February 2005, 03:41 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down

Blair? What do you expect? He can't apologise for something he DID do, but he CAN apologise for something he didn't!

Lying Labour at it's best

Alcazar
Old 09 February 2005, 05:04 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

One of the original detainees said this about Blair.

"Mr Blair had spoken with "such sincerity", adding: "He went beyond what we thought he would, he took time to listen to everyone.

"You could see he was moved by what people were saying.

"Tony Blair has healed rifts, he is helping to heal wounds. It's a day I never thought would come."

Makes you sick doesnt it.

Chip
Old 09 February 2005, 05:17 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip
One of the original detainees said this about Blair.

"Mr Blair had spoken with "such sincerity", adding: "He went beyond what we thought he would, he took time to listen to everyone.

"You could see he was moved by what people were saying.

"Tony Blair has healed rifts, he is helping to heal wounds. It's a day I never thought would come."

Makes you sick doesnt it.

Chip
Indeed. I just lost my lunch.
Old 09 February 2005, 05:21 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Talking

Is this like a full-on laying on of hands?

Oh physician heal thyself!
Old 09 February 2005, 05:27 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

The main part of the evidence against those people was the fact they were Irish. The next part was a load of falsified confessions, and the rest was incorrect forensic evidence done by a man who can most politely be described as useless. How that adds up to "overwhelming evidence" I'm not sure. And yes, innocent people ARE taken off the street by the police and convicted: at least in part because juries seem to have the view that you seem to: "If they weren't guilty they wouldn't be here". It doesn't happen anywhere near as often as Rough Justice likes to suggest, but it happens.

M
Old 09 February 2005, 05:29 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Did he change some water to wine as well?
Old 09 February 2005, 07:14 PM
filfy
Scooby Regular

Provo scum

Don't believe a word of it( guilty as charged ) They should count themselves lucky there was not a shot to kill policy at the time.
Old 09 February 2005, 07:19 PM
the moose
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by filfy
Provo scum

They should count themselves lucky there was not a shot to kill policy at the time.
There was. Luckily it wasn't applied to them, otherwise some innocent men would have been murdered.
Old 09 February 2005, 07:20 PM
Manda_po
BANNED

Originally Posted by _Meridian_
The main part of the evidence against those people was the fact they were Irish. The next part was a load of falsified confessions, and the rest was incorrect forensic evidence done by a man who can most politely be described as useless. How that adds up to "overwhelming evidence" I'm not sure. And yes, innocent people ARE taken off the street by the police and convicted: at least in part because juries seem to have the view that you seem to: "If they weren't guilty they wouldn't be here". It doesn't happen anywhere near as often as Rough Justice likes to suggest, but it happens.

M
^^^^^^^^^^

What he said. I also think that no prosecution witness identified them, adding to the unreliability of the evidence.
Old 09 February 2005, 07:29 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

cant believe it bravo im hearing it from u

the man was innocent and imprisoned along with his father only coz he was irish

it has happened to muslims many a time with no evidence as the boys from guatanamo

jerry should be compensated with millions after they deprived him of a life and his father may he rest in peace

hail to a fellow tim , good on u jerry
Old 09 February 2005, 09:46 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

B2Z. The main forensic evidence was that they had 'traces of explosives on their hands'. The other crunch point was that they each made a confession. Before they were released, a policeman involved in the confessions admitted that they not been allowed to sleep for 96 hours during questioning. The traces of explosives actually turned out to be soap. I have no idea if they did it or didn't do it. I do know that the police generally have much more unproveable information that can't be used in court, but based on the evidence used in the trial they shouldn't have been convicted.
Old 09 February 2005, 10:02 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Moses you are joking right? So they turned up at court and the prosecution said your guilty cos your Irish, and then they were convicted on that basis? Give me a break!

There have been many criminals let off in this country due to evidence not being handled in the correct manner or put forward in the correct style and because of these stupid demands by the court the criminals have been let off. I remember a case on the news a few years back where a murderer got off on just that technicality, everyone knew he had done the crime but because a piece of evidence hadn't been handled in a certain way the case got thrown out of court.

This is another prime example of IRA terrorist **** getting away with what they have done, and an apology from Tony Blair just to rub it into the victims families of who were murdered by these b@stards

The fact Jerry Adams has even set foot in this country is disgusting and its all Tony Blairs softly softly approach to terrorists thats to blame, the same softly softly approach that has meant Abu Hamza has been allowed to stay here as long as he has. Jerry Adams should have been shot on sight by the SAS as soon as he stepped foot in England and Abu Hamza should have been dropped over Afghanistan from the bomb bays of a B52
Couldnt have said it better myself.

Chip
Old 09 February 2005, 10:07 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Not saying anything either way here but it is worth considering that one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist - who decides?
Old 09 February 2005, 10:16 PM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

Angry

Another exercise in spin by the slimey git Bliar who has to be the most shallow, insincere person on the face of the planet.

Campbell's arrival back at no. 10 and the imminent general election have nothing whatsoever to do with this vomit-inducing episode, of course...(not).

Tw@t.
Old 09 February 2005, 10:38 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

bravo he is innocent till proven guilty

trust me

british goverment dont mind supporting the loyalist terrorists in the past dont they. thats not the point, these guys had nothing to do with the i.r.a unless proven
Old 09 February 2005, 10:59 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fast bloke
B2Z. The main forensic evidence was that they had 'traces of explosives on their hands'. The other crunch point was that they each made a confession. Before they were released, a policeman involved in the confessions admitted that they not been allowed to sleep for 96 hours during questioning. The traces of explosives actually turned out to be soap. I have no idea if they did it or didn't do it. I do know that the police generally have much more unproveable information that can't be used in court, but based on the evidence used in the trial they shouldn't have been convicted.
fb, I had a feeling you'd be able to shed some knowledgeable light on this case. It does sound like some dubious evidence was used to convict:

When I did explosives training, I spent the best part of 2 days handling plastic explosive. We were told to avoid air travel because PE can be detected some time afterwards, regardless of how many times you wash your hands etc. Even a person you have shaken hands with would be detected. How that can be mistaken for soap I don't know.

I still think Blair's apology was a hollow gesture. Much better a representative of the police, CPS, forensics teams et al apologise than the sh1tbag Blair. Just hearing his name makes my skin crawl nowadays.
Old 09 February 2005, 11:25 PM
morpheus1870
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Chip

I Agree!!

But dont you think its strange there is little mention of plans to ever attack Ireland that have been proposed, no plans to bomb Irish camps harbouring and training Sinn Fein terrorists. Gerry Adams face is not on any ‘dead or alive’ poster. is also interesting to note that when Sinn Fein terrorist acts occur the media label them as just “Sinn Fein terrorist acts” and never as “extremist Catholic Christian fanatics.” Nor was professed Christian Timothy McVeigh the Oklahoma bomber, paraded as a Christian extremist.

However as soon as a terrorist bombing occurs anywhere else in the world, the figure is pointed towards as "Muslim extremists" or "Islamic fundamentalists". How often have you heard these worlds on T.V. and radio??

Human Rights spokes Person: “It depends what you mean by terror, if you mean a resistance fighter is a terrorist then the Europeans don’t like him, they would call him a resistance fighter if they like him, they would call him even a revolutionary if he follows their power, but if they don’t like him they just call him terrorist.”

The world has always been made of a minority of poisonous personalities who are not exclusive to land, race or religion, but every decade needs its heroes and villains. A black and white concept, which justifies convenient wars.

Wars always know sequels, and history is our greatest teacher. How do they start and how they end is no mystery but always truth and the innocent are its biggest casualties.

The un-blurring line was drawn by president Bush and under his vague rhetoric he rallied a hypnotised world to strike collectively and indiscriminately at a naked evil. He has manipulated the world to join him on a roller coaster ride, while his loyal sidekick Tony Blair blindly jumps on for the ride without even asking the destination.

After the Gulf War over 500,000 children died because of U.S. sanctions. A further 100,000 Innocent children and women died during the bombing of Afghanistan and estimated 150,000 women and children throughout the unbelivable carpet bombing style attack on Iraq. All these innocents hidden from the eyes of the media and the tears of the outside world.

Coleman McCarthy (director of the centre for teaching peace, Professor at George Town Law School head teacher at American University:

“We have a history of bombing countries, in the past twenty years alone we have bombed Libya, Grenada, Panama, Somalia, Afghanistan, Sudan, Iraq and before that Cambodia, Vietnam, Congo, Indonesia, Guatemala. We are as Martin Luther King said; the greatest purveyor of violence in the world is my own government. Until we disarm and deescalate our war machine we are going to be hated around the world.”

Old 10 February 2005, 12:01 AM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moses
it has happened to muslims many a time with no evidence as the boys from guatanamo
so why where they capured in some dodgy cave in afganistan with ak47's? sight seeing holiday, they where up to no good.
as for ira(or any torrorist for that matter) well there all inocent according to blair and his cronnies thats why they let them all out, good friday my ****
Old 10 February 2005, 12:17 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jerome
...Even a person you have shaken hands with would be detected. How that can be mistaken for soap I don't know....

IIRC the test used in 1974/5 was some sort of test for a derivative of glycerol. The expert witness said that the presence of this substance gave a 100% guarantee that the defendants had been in contact with plastic explosives.

When this was scrutinised in 1989, it seemed that washing your hands with a particular brand of soap, using a certain toothpaste, exposure to some types of paint and touching several types of cigarette filter would also yield a positive result.
Old 10 February 2005, 01:08 AM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

Of course all policemen are straight or have never made a mistake.
Old 10 February 2005, 02:50 AM
brendy
Scooby Regular

What overwhemling evidence are you talking about - at the time they were convicted in the seventies any paddy would do. Obviously retards who obsess about SAS heros would like to roll back time.
I have read many dubious threads on this forum but this has to be one of the worst I have seen. The convictions were not safe and the people convicted of the crimes were unlikely to be guilty. If SAS wanabe retard can perhaps discuss how the appeals court made such a mistake I would be glad to be educated. However I suspect using the word educate in this context would be incorrect given the obvious lack of above.

Quick Reply: Ourageous apology to the Guildford 4