Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

30 quid fixed penalty for parking in tescos!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2005, 02:52 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30 quid fixed penalty for parking in tescos!!!

**** me rolled up into the waiting bay like ya do lol

ran inside grabbed me bits was 10 mins max, came out and a fixed penalty on me scrren from euro car parks WTF?? 30 fookin quid they want me to pay

whats the crack here then? they can stick there fookin 30 quid i aint payin ill just say dont own the car, thing is will prob be in my name lol as bought it from auction the other week

fokin coonts, i presume there linked to registered keeper database etc, can they take people to court?

either that or ill send the logbook off to a mickey mouse name and address as i aint paying ****e

yes i know ya not spost do do it but **** me 30 quid
Old 06 February 2005, 03:00 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

that'll teach you to use the loading bay.
Old 06 February 2005, 03:02 PM
CooperS
Scooby Regular

Tell em to bo11ox for the money, I would!!
Old 06 February 2005, 03:03 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

If you were parked in the loading bay/disabled spot or whatever then you cant really complain - at least its only 30quid, its easier just to pay up and forget about it than go to all trouble of sending the V5 off to a false address or whatever.
Old 06 February 2005, 03:06 PM
simo
Scooby Regular

ask if u get club card points when u pay

Mind you, like you said, "yes i know ya not spost do do it " so can't really blame them can you. Park in a proper space next time.
Old 06 February 2005, 03:11 PM
mannyo
Scooby Regular

I'd Have a word with customer services in the store and say that whilst you were loading your shopping you got a ticket parked in the loading bay. They should be able to get the ticket revoked.
Old 06 February 2005, 03:24 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

it was actually a pickup point
Old 06 February 2005, 03:25 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by apples24
**** me rolled up into the waiting bay like ya do lol

ran inside grabbed me bits was 10 mins max, came out and a fixed penalty on me scrren from euro car parks WTF??
You're kidding right? You parked your car for 10 minutes in a no parking area, which is reseved for people picking up or dropping off people and their shopping?

With respect, that's sheer fcucking laziness. They clamp people doing that round my way, and quite rightly.

BTW, if the people who gave you the ticket did so with the permission of the supermarket (private property) then you're fcuked as it's perfectly legal.

HTH
Old 06 February 2005, 03:26 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

it was actually a pickup point
So not a parking space then?
Old 06 February 2005, 03:43 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Lazy g!t. You should have used those lovely wide spaces near the doors with the picture of a mum with a pram. I think they're intended for Scoobies

FWIW, hedgehog has made some very good statements about parking fines and who has the authority to dole them out recently, and what possible consequences may come from ignoring them. Do a search with his name.
Old 06 February 2005, 04:04 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

i was in a fookin huge 4x4 and it was busy as **** parking a nightmare

but im not disputing blame, im disputing the shock of a ticket, didnt know they do em, no signs or anything like that were up
Old 06 February 2005, 04:10 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You should have used those lovely wide spaces near the doors with the picture of a mum with a pram. I think they're intended for Scoobies
I'm with you I use them all the time. They are a complete waste of space. I fully agree with disabled parking, but i don't understand why these are in place
Old 06 February 2005, 04:18 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

actually i agree on the mother baby parking

the reason is a mother and child / children need the extra space to open doors wide to get car seats / children in and out, once before we to drive forward so the other half could get our newborns bbig carry seat out that she was in then reverse back

this acvtually means less car park dents to all you boys

surely you agree with that?

well thats my reason anyway

as for the 30 quid they can stick that up there ****, my receipt is stamped the same time as the ticket so shows i wasnt in there ages, ill just say i was helping my pregnant wife from the till
Old 06 February 2005, 04:31 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Don't pay it, it's not like you broke any laws! What's the worst they can do? Ban you from Tescos? Oooh nightmare!
Old 06 February 2005, 04:43 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I agree if it's a parent on their own, but why both parents bring children of any age, unless a specific item is required which demands the childs' attendance, is beyond me. Supermarkets are not playgrounds, and parents usually end up stressed beyond belief when their kids run amok, upset others and insist on you buying extra crap thus putting up your already inflated shopping bill. It only takes one person to shop, so why not leave the brats at home with the other half, or at Granny's ? I also see having children as a personal choice, the same as my personal choice not to have any. Why should any group be given priveleged treatment due to their personal choices ? I agree with disabled slots, as no-one chooses that, but if you want kids deal with it yourself The only reason those bays are there is to butter up the bigger spenders. If they sold heroin and it was more profitable than baby food, they'd get their own spaces too !
Old 06 February 2005, 04:47 PM
zoton
Scooby Regular

Got enough reward points?
Old 06 February 2005, 04:58 PM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Without meaning to sound like Peter Kay is there an age limit on mother-child parking? Can I park there with my mum? (21 & 52)

Sorry
Old 06 February 2005, 05:04 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your communication. Unfortunately you are requesting a "fine or forfeiture before conviction" which is an act in contravention of the Bill of Rights 1689. Unless the Bill of Rights has been explicitly repealed by an Act of Parliment for Tesco's car parks then your actions are unlawful and amount to harassment.

I would be grateful if you could inform me by return of any such Act of Parliment which specifically and explicitly repeals the Bill of Rights for your carpark. Please note, to save you some time, that the RTA 1984 does not repeal the Bill of Rights.

If no such Act exists then I would be grateful if you could desist from further personal harassment. Should such an Act not exist and should you continue with your harassment then I will be reviewing my position in relation to the 1997 Prevention of Harassment Act. As you may be aware this makes harassment a criminal offence and so I would be grateful if you could provide me with the name of the person responsible for the administration of these matters within your organisation so that I can ensure that the police arrest the correct person.

Should Tesco's car parks not be exempt from the Bill of Rights by an Act of Parliment and should you have previously demanded, and received, payment of a "fine or forfeiture before conviction" from other motorists then I think it important that your organisation ensures that all such fines are returned forthwith. Perhaps the best way to ensure that all those previously illegally fined by your organisation, assuming that the Act detailed above does not exist, have their money returned would be by way of a prominent series of advertisements placed in local and national newspapers. Should you not be able to provide evidence of the explicit repeal of the Bill of Rights by return I will be watching the newspapers closely for these advertisements.

Regards

etc. etc.

Probably not exactly the letter I would write but you can see that they leave themselves wide open and put you in a position to gain much entertainment from them. Just remember that many laws are there to protect your rights to a fair trial and it is important that you stand up and protect these laws, otherwise the current administration will just ignore them. The Bill of Rights has been around for a very long time but the current administration thinks it is above being bound by it.

Last edited by hedgehog; 06 February 2005 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Missed a few words.
Old 06 February 2005, 05:06 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

i was in a fookin huge 4x4 and it was busy as **** parking a nightmare
Your choice to drive one
Old 06 February 2005, 05:10 PM
Daryl
Scooby Senior

Don't agree with parent/child parking right outside the store, should be at the far end (the exercise will do them good), don't agree with mickey mouse parking enforcers dishing out tickets; however, do agree with the disabled bays (obviously) and do agree that anyone who parks where they shouldn't is a lazy *******!
Old 06 February 2005, 05:13 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

hedgehog

never heard of that before?
Old 06 February 2005, 05:13 PM
paul__m
Scooby Newbie

Those Wheelchair spaces are pointless, they take their wheels inside the shop, what do Tesco think the disabled are gonna do park the wheelchair, get out and walk? I dont think so!

Also why they have to be so close to the shop, they should be the furthest away as they dont have to f**king walk!
Old 06 February 2005, 05:15 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mannyo
I'd Have a word with customer services in the store and say that whilst you were loading your shopping you got a ticket parked in the loading bay. They should be able to get the ticket revoked.
no they wont, they set up a contract so people get fined for abuseing the parking, there not gonna let one person off for the sake of it are they
fpmsl
Old 06 February 2005, 05:16 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

oh i imagine they would if you kicked off enough after all it is a big comapny and on there premises
Old 06 February 2005, 05:18 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

no they wouldnt lol
Old 06 February 2005, 05:21 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

they would if you were picking up the wifes shopiing in the pickup point and had actually done nothing wrong
Old 06 February 2005, 05:36 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

hedgehog

never heard of that before?
http://www.webmesh.co.uk/englishbillofrights1689.htm

Your freedom depends upon it, though the current administration may care to ignore it when it suits them.

The "Metric Martyrs" case (As I recall but my memory is really bad) set the precedent whereby the Bill of Rights must be explicitly repealed in any Act which conflicted with the BoR. So, it is quite legal for Parliment to produce an Act which says "This Act repeals the BoR and so Tesco's can fine you for parking..." However, if this specific repeal doesn't exist then Tesco's are on a sticky wicket. A court can issue a fine, some bloke with a baseball bat and a bad attitude can't. Sounds like common sense and a basic human right to me but look around you and see how many instances of it being broken you can see in a single day.

The legal situation is, however, more complex (that's what keeps lawyers in all those nice suits, houses and cars) but a test case in relation to parking has never gone before a court. There have been several attempts at getting councils into court to test the legality of their parking fines etc. but all have withdrawn before a hearing, though usually not without sending a range of nasty letters and threats.

It would be funny if it were not your basic rights that were being messed with.
Old 06 February 2005, 05:48 PM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

funny enough my mother parked at the disabled bay (i must admit its her own damn fault silly cow)
at asda on saturday (was gonna buy a newspaper)
got out walked to the door looked back at the car and the car already wrote her half the ticket, she got pissed off told off the guy and left without buying the paper,

that has got to be the most expensive paper yet

-------------------------------------------------
have you clicked today
http://www.herowar.com/recruit.phtml?id=12279
Old 06 February 2005, 05:50 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

they would if you were picking up the wifes shopiing in the pickup point and had actually done nothing wrong
I suppose you could get them on technicalities - is there a time limit on sitting in the pickup point?

However, I'd still go along with many on here - you're a selfish lazy ****

Yesterday I noticed that every single disabled space in a block at Morrisons was occupied by cars WITHOUT disabled badges, and two of the offending cars had just arrived - both Discovery's with unrestrained children on board.

Do these people have no sense of morality or think they, and only they, are exampt from the unwritten 'good behaviour" in carparks? Believe me, if I was a disabled person, I'd sure be blocking some of these ***** in for hours on end.

Happily, most of the offenders are scum ***** from my observations. Hopefully, most of them will befall some horrible fate and end up paraplegic. Sadly, that is the only way I reckon you'd get them to change their behaviour.
Old 06 February 2005, 05:53 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

apples24 - if I parked across the driveway of your house just as you wanted to get your car out, would it be ok given "it's just 10 minutes - I know it's wrong, but there you go - it's only 10 minutes mate - go and have a ham shank for 10 minutes or something".

Quick Reply: 30 quid fixed penalty for parking in tescos!!!