Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

TRAFFIC COPS!!!! NOW!!! SPEEDING!!

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2005, 09:28 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TRAFFIC COPS!!!! NOW!!! SPEEDING!!

BBC1

Pete
Old 02 February 2005, 09:33 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pmsl @ the speeding dead man
Old 02 February 2005, 09:38 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Imagine it at the Pearly Gates .... sorry you can't come into heaven - you had a spotless life but then you got a speeding ticket

Pete
Old 02 February 2005, 09:52 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

arghhhhhhhhh white vans of destruction
Old 02 February 2005, 09:58 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Talking

You is only human. Don't myake me cry een front a dyoo

Wnaker
Old 02 February 2005, 09:58 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

The copper in the talivan was targeting every car, I thought the camera was to corroborate an officer's opinion of speed :rolleyes

Also admitting to having 3 points and laughing about it, bit pot\kettle me thinks!
Old 02 February 2005, 10:02 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze let me off man, I will not do it again man, pleeeeeeeze, pleeeeeeeeze ................ yeah, right - Blubber Blubber

Pete
Old 02 February 2005, 10:08 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattW
The copper in the talivan was targeting every car, I thought the camera was to corroborate an officer's opinion of speed :rolleyes

Also admitting to having 3 points and laughing about it, bit pot\kettle me thinks!
it was a bit crap they way it was parked as well so you couldnt really see the chevrons on the back of it
Old 02 February 2005, 10:08 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Why should they warn you??

Pete
Old 02 February 2005, 10:10 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis

Pete
They should warn you because those are the rules. You may not agree, but like those who don't agree with them being there in the first place, you have to accept it.
Old 02 February 2005, 10:12 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I'm sure that he has a camera sign posted on a lampost somewhere along the road - thats enough

End of

Pete
Old 02 February 2005, 10:16 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis

Pete
warn me?
personally

i dont care, i just take my tickets with a smile and dont winge about them in a squirmy style

but i belive there supposed to have sum kind of warning in place which is visible?
Old 02 February 2005, 10:16 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

...and it was just getting going too. As Pete says end of thread.

Old 02 February 2005, 10:18 PM
Echo
Scooby Regular

That bit with the biker that killed his girlfriend was awful. We all sometimes get a bit carried away but that was crazy. Personally, I think the standard of driving is going downhill in general, speed is only one of many factors that can cause accidents but at the moment speed cameras seem to be where all of the effort is going. Today I've nearly T-Boned two cars that have done a right on a roundabout in a left hand lane with no indication, had three cars pull out without looking to see if anything was coming their way, seen stacks of cars pull out on the motorway without indicating etc. Basically, I've seen several instances where less alert drivers would have come a cropper, speed wasn't an issue in any of these.

Mike
Old 02 February 2005, 10:20 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Pete says so
Old 02 February 2005, 10:26 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

id agree there

im sick of people not indicating properlly
you just KNOW when sumbody is going right around the roundabout in the left hand lane without indicating, i like to half pull out infront of them because i thought they were going stright ahead but leaving plenty of space for them to stop

they always get really ratty and upset
a quick shout out of the window normaly makes them go away.
i feel sorry for bikers sumtimes

one of my lads at work has a bike now, hes nearly been knocked of it a few times in about 2 months, its pretty scarey TBH

there is a zebra/pedestrian crossing right outside of work (complete with green man and traffic lights) not sure exactly what the problem is but nobody even notices when its on red and people are crossing the road, i have had to jump out the way more then once from muppets in cars
Old 02 February 2005, 10:29 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RecordProduction.com
That bit with the biker that killed his girlfriend was awful. We all sometimes get a bit carried away but that was crazy. Personally, I think the standard of driving is going downhill in general, speed is only one of many factors that can cause accidents but at the moment speed cameras seem to be where all of the effort is going. Today I've nearly T-Boned two cars that have done a right on a roundabout in a left hand lane with no indication, had three cars pull out without looking to see if anything was coming their way, seen stacks of cars pull out on the motorway without indicating etc. Basically, I've seen several instances where less alert drivers would have come a cropper, speed wasn't an issue in any of these.

Mike
Agree in the most part, however if you go on an advanced driving course you will learn not to indicate when it is not necessary. For example when there is no one to indicate too, or if the road markings in your lane dictate you turn left. Indicating onto a motorway is one such example.
Old 02 February 2005, 10:41 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

For example when there is no one to indicate too, or if the road markings in your lane dictate you turn left. Indicating onto a motorway is one such example.
But surely it maintains the habit of indicating and besides, what harm can it do?
Old 02 February 2005, 10:46 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andrewdelvard
But surely it maintains the habit of indicating and besides, what harm can it do?

Depends on how you drive, and for most people a valid comment. If you indicate only when it is necessary to do so, I'm sure you would be concentrating far more on what's around you than someone who drove from memory (habit).

Edited to say. Some of what I was taught was very much against what I learnt when i first started to drive.
Old 02 February 2005, 10:47 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Crap, seen it b4, another BBC repeat from the barrel of cheap offcast cop shows *yawn
Old 02 February 2005, 10:48 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

what happens if you dont indicate when nobody is apperntly around but then a car aproaches a roundabout when your not expecting?

you will end up with a red and white scoob pulling out in front of you and sum shouting out of the window
Old 02 February 2005, 10:50 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Smile

Depends on how you drive, and for most people a valid comment. If you indicate only when it is necessary to do so, I'm sure you would be concentrating far more on what's around you than someone who drove from memory (habit)
For me it's just an automatic thing. Mirror-signal-manouver. I can hear my old driving insrtuctors voice now Even if it's obvious I don't need to signal, I still do. It just feels 'proper'.
Old 02 February 2005, 10:51 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
what happens if you dont indicate when nobody is apperntly around but then a car aproaches a roundabout when your not expecting?

you will end up with a red and white scoob pulling out in front of you and sum shouting out of the window
Situation never arises, if the roundabout is blind you exercise discretion and indicate.
Old 02 February 2005, 10:54 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andrewdelvard
For me it's just an automatic thing. Mirror-signal-manouver. I can hear my old driving insrtuctors voice now Even if it's obvious I don't need to signal, I still do. It just feels 'proper'.
And boy do you have to practice to get out of the habit.

My first drive was marked down badly because I did everything on auto pilot, indicated, slowed down tucked in when a car was waiting in a side junction, took the motorcycle line on the road etc etc. Took a lot of concentration to break the habit, and it really makes driving fun, actually thinking about it.
Old 03 February 2005, 01:06 PM
LC Geezer
Scooby Regular

however if you go on an advanced driving course you will learn not to indicate when it is not necessary. For example when there is no one to indicate too, or if the road markings in your lane dictate you turn left. Indicating onto a motorway is one such example.
I remember being taught this - but I disagree with it. The idea is to make you more aware of what is around you so that you can decide whether or not to indicate. Thus, you always know who else is about (which is a very good thing). That's fine, and it does achieve a better awareness of the surrounding vehicles. But if you happen to miss a car (we all make mistakes) and make a turn without indicating, then it can all get a bit messy.

Anyway, I drive a Mercedes so I never feel the need to indicate