Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

A little advice please

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2005, 07:33 PM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A little advice please

Forgive me for my bad grammer please. It's along one and might be confusing.

Four years ago I had a prang in my motor which wrote my car off and also put the other car driver out of work (Taxi driver) His car sustained bumper and wing damage.
Unfortunately the taxi drivers parents live opposite a friend of mines house and my friend is a mate with the taxi drivers brother. (I get on with taxi drivers brother)

At the time of the accident I didn't stop as I had been assualted at a set of traffic lights just before, hence trying to get away. (attempted car jacking)

Anyway, everything goes to court (a year later) and I end up with 7 points and a hefty fine. I take my punishment and live with it.
While in court the taxi driver tries to claim for lost earnings which was denied due to my insurance pay out and the fact that the law stated that such a claim wasn't allowed with traffic offences.

I leave and my solicitor says it's not worth appealing against.

So I put everything behind me and try and forget about it yet it seems Mr taxi driver isn't happy.
A week or so later I get a phone call at work which I didn't personally answer but it was passed on to me, I answer and it goes dead. I asked my boss who it was and he gave a name. It was the same name as the taxi driver.
I don't know anyone by the same name so assume it must be him.
I just think 'pr!ck' and get on with my job.

Maybe a couple of months after, I see him while out in town, I'm looking for a taxi home and he also see's me. I jump in a taxi and he follows me all the way and just stops at the end of my road. Again I'm thinking 'whats his problem'

More of the same follows in the next few months, I was driving in town and noticed in my mirror a car I recognised, I didn't know where from at first but then it pulled along side me and it was Mr taxi driver. He shouts to me 'still driving like a c*nt then' to which I just look at him gone out. (I was driving within the law)

It then gets to a stage where i'm at my mates house across from his parents and he pulls up, he shouts something across the street at me which I did not hear due to us hammering underneath a car and then he goes in his parents place.

Not long after his arrival his dad actually comes over (He doesn't care about the accident) and gives us a hand with the car we're messing around with.

So after all of these little things I think he would've got over it, it's now four years since the accident and 3 years since I was charged. Nope not this guy, he won't let things drop.
If I see him while out driving I always look away as I don't need to bring things back up as its all been dealt with and he should accept that fact. Bearing in mind he should be a mature adult (30 something) (i'm mid 20's) he still can't drop it.

I saw him a couple of weeks back in his same taxi and he must of clocked me as I got a phone call tonight from my mate that lives opposite his parents. It seems Mr taxi driver is still ranting on about me and this accident. I don't know what has been said but my mate advised me to keep my car locked up and out of sight for a while.
I laughed at that point and said he'd not even touch my car but now it's got me writing this.

So what can I do?
I always leave my car on the street and it's never been touched and I'm actually surprised with all the jealous people around. But if this guy had been making threats which I hear through a third party what can I actually do?

In the mean time, my car will still live on the street and if anything does happen i'll have a good idea where to start looking.

Any help appreciated
SV
Old 20 January 2005, 07:40 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

play him at his own game - get one of your mates to barf all over the taxi in question, prefferably through his fingers sparayed all over the centre console. I think taxi drivers charge about a tenner for the privelidge.

maybe a turd under the seat? - obviousley needs to be laid prior to the event - better still dog turd

money well spent
Old 20 January 2005, 07:41 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

to be fair id be more worried with the guy stalking you than damage to your car, seek professional help, i.e the police, its harrassment if need be get a court order that says he cant be 200 yards or closer to you (something similar, i am guessing at the distance).

a car can be repaired....
Old 20 January 2005, 07:44 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

a car can be repaired....

.... a smeared in dog turd takes weeks to get rid of
Old 20 January 2005, 07:44 PM
Daryl
Scooby Senior

Tell the police of your concerns (not that they'll be interested ), then tell your mate to let the taxi driver know. I doubt he'll do anything stupid after that
Old 20 January 2005, 07:54 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Wink

The police "may" be interested, especially if you mention harrassment.
At least it'll be on record if/when owt does happen.

Alcazar
Old 20 January 2005, 08:01 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mj
play him at his own game - get one of your mates to barf all over the taxi in question, prefferably through his fingers sparayed all over the centre console. I think taxi drivers charge about a tenner for the privelidge.
It's £50 but don't ask me how I know that