Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Customer Services!

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2005, 02:35 PM
4X4BOB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Customer Services!

Is this good customer service or what . . .

Placed an order online for a quantity of packaging materials 'cos we're moving to Austria soon, and was able to select the delivery at time of ordering, chose today 12th Jan and so working at home today.

Used http://www.removal-supply.co.uk/index.html

About 1/4 past 9 my mind started questioning if the delivery would indeed turn up today, as most times when I've orded stuff it never comes when it should do
So at 09:27 I email the company asking if my order has been sent etc and hoped to have a reply at somepoint today.
What I didn't expect was a telephone call just 12 mins later from a very helpful guy (Paul?)who had checked on my order and confirmed everything to me and even offerred to find out from the couriers an ETA.
Was I impressed or what!
Would deff use this company again, and would recommend them 100% to anyone.
Goods arrived as promised by 11am

Its nice to know that some companies can indeed get customer service right first time!

So well done Removal-Supply Ltd

Anybody else have any tales of good customer service? We should have a thread for all the good companies out there.

Bob

www.austria-apartments.com

Last edited by 4X4BOB; 12 January 2005 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12 January 2005, 03:39 PM
BexTait
Scooby Regular

Location: Drink, drink, wherever you may be, we are the drunk and disorderly (owner of 5 fairy tokens)

I ordered a bike from www.bikes2udirect.com delivered next working day, and I was given the tracking number for it so I could track it on the couriers site. The bike arrived less than 24hrs after being ordered.

When I recieved it, the rear reflector was on the seat stem at such a height that I couldn't get the saddle low enough to ride the bike. After trying to undo the screw fo the best part of an hour to move said reflector I gave up and e-mailed them for a suggestion as what to do.

The e-mail was replied to within a couple of hours saying snap it off and a replacement will be posted.

The replacement reflector arrived the next day, FOC.
Old 12 January 2005, 04:36 PM
4X4BOB
Scooby Regular

When you think about it, good customer service should come as standard, but these days its so rare that when you actually do get it, its so amazing you feel the need to post about it on Scoobynet!

Well I did anyway

Bob
Old 12 January 2005, 06:04 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

To cut a long story short I experienced the best example of customer service that I've ever come across.

About six years ago, when pay-as-you-go phones first came onto the market I decided to order one for my wife as a Christmas present. It failed to turn up at our address in time for Christmas due to a lethargic courier company and as we were having a family get together at a house in Dorset there was little chance of it arriving in time. I sent a very sarcastic e-mail to Charles Dunstone who's email addy was on their web site, suggesting that although having his addy might look good for PR purposes I very much doubted that it was actually his.

Some of you Londoners will remember the adverts that had his voice-over on Capital Radio which got inside your head to such an extent that you'd recognise his voice immediately. Anyway, about half an hour after sending my long winded and sarcastic e-mail, my mobile rang with this voice on the end asking if I was Mr.Flatcapdriver. I recognised his voice and felt a little starstruck to begin with but it soon became apparent that he was personally dealing with and wanted a result.

The next day the phone arrived at my temporary address in Dorset as promised. I was pretty chuffed as its not every day the boss of a company steps in and personally sorts things out to the satisfaction of the customer.

Nice one, Carphone Warehouse.
Old 12 January 2005, 06:55 PM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

Office World.

Ordered some office furniture, mail notifications at all stages, calls from the delivery guy to confirm ETA (all of which I'd expect anyway), but when assembling, a couple of drawer handles were damaged and a couple of the fixings were missing. I had no hope of describing the screwy hooky bit properly so phoned up ready for a fight, got to speak to someone straight away but it was "no problem sir, I'll just dispatch a complete set of fixings to you, then you'll have spares for the next time". Arrived next day as promised.
One happy customer.
(Stores are not as good tho...)
Old 12 January 2005, 07:50 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

Couple of tales.

Tried to order some fishing gear from Veal's Mail Order website. I wasn't convinced that the online ordering had worked. When nothing had turned up around 10 days later, I gave them a call and asked about my order. It hadn't been received, so I asked if I could place the order by phone. No problem, so I read out the list of bits and pieces that I was looking for (about 15 in total). The guy that I was talking to sounded like he knew whether or not each item was in stock without having had to look it up on the computer. He then mentioned that they had to have packages ready for collection by the courier by 3.15pm and as it was now 2.45 he couldn't promise next day delivery but "would do his damndest" by picking everything off the shelf himself. The package arrived the following morning!

City-Link couriers. Can't remember what it was that I'd ordered, but I got an email with online tracking that showed where my package was. Checked this the morning that it was due to arrive and noticed that it was scheduled for a pm delivery. Went out that morning returing home around noon to find a card through the letterbox saying that they'd tried to deliver about 30 mins previously. As I would be away from home for the next couple of days making re-delivery awkward, I gave the depot a call to ask if I could drive down there and collect the package.

I was told that this wouldn't be a problem, but they didn't know when the van would be back at the depot so couldn't give me a suggested time to turn up. Instead, they put me on hold, called the driver to find out where he was, and then told me that he'd be back to my place within 90 minutes. In practice, he turned up in 20 mins. Excellent!
Old 12 January 2005, 08:57 PM
RJMS
Scooby Regular

Probably doesn't really count but I got three seperate letters from Sky this morning telling me that my Sky+ would be installed on Friday. I already knew this but it was nice to be reminded (3 times). Have to say that in general Sky have been pretty good in terms of customer service - anyone tried NTL recently