House price crash cancelled then, labour have truely fcuked us

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2005, 12:15 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down House price crash cancelled then, labour have truely fcuked us

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,2770-1430

First of all Brown destorys our pensions with a £5bill/year stealth tax (see other thread), and now it seems the impending house price crash (which would kill labour) may not happen due to this new policy to let you use a Buy-to-Let property as a pension... in other words more money flooding into the housing market keeping prices high....

So outlook looks good for young people then, pensions dont add up, massive taxes and stealth taxes, no chance of buying a house due to the inflated prices, this country is fcuked!!!
Old 09 January 2005, 12:22 PM
Vegas 531
Scooby Regular

why don't you move out then?
Old 09 January 2005, 12:27 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

why don't you move out then?
Not as easy as that is it, and believe me Ive looked into it. I'd like to see this country get sorted out, but thanks to people like you voting Tony back in it probably wont happen
Old 09 January 2005, 12:33 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

the only thing keeping me in this country is debt..

Andy
Old 09 January 2005, 01:29 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

cue loads of people who will also moan about poor pensions.....who have £20k cars instead of a pension!

people have fcuked themselves as much as labour.
Old 09 January 2005, 02:24 PM
wide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tiggs
cue loads of people who will also moan about poor pensions.....who have £20k cars instead of a pension!

people have fcuked themselves as much as labour.
Dont start me on that I work friggin hard for what I buy. I have also paid into my pension scheme and also transferred my army pension into it. I would have been able to retire at 51 but thanks to this ****e labour government I have had my pension swallowed up in their crap schemes, and now have to work until Im 55. 4 years of pension that wont be coming to me but I will still have to pay into it until Im 55 so they get more money for assylum seekers
Old 09 January 2005, 02:59 PM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

The government is by no means perfect, but has delivered a long period of low inflation, low interest rates, low unemployment and strong GDP growth. As a result of this house prices have risen...funny that isn't it. What would you prefer, some days of random interest rate hikes to 15% and periods of recession?

You should be pretty content to have a sufficient pension to be able to afford to retire at 55. With the advances in medical science leading to much greater longevity, and massive increases in health service spending you can probably look forward to a long and decent retirement. Plenty of time to grow old and bitter and bitch about things anyway.

Gary.
Old 09 January 2005, 03:05 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GCollier
The government is by no means perfect
Understatement of the century

but has delivered a long period of low inflation
By constantly fiddling the way the inflation figure is calculated, it nolonger includes wage increases now FFS, one of the major factors.

low unemployment
Again according to their figures, and how many people are claiming incapacity instead now?...

This government has made things look rosy for the short term, but their policies spell serious problems in the long run as theyre totally unsustainable.
Old 09 January 2005, 03:23 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fact is that everyone is richer under Labour!

People on here drive £20k cars, live in £300k+ houses, earn at least £35k per annum and STILL moan

If you don't like it here - LEAVE - fact is, of course, that this is a pretty good place to live ............ isn't it?? You WOULD leave if it was sooooo, soooooo, dreadful!

All mouth ............................

Long Live Labour, Long Live Tony, The options are NOT even palatable in the least!

Pete
Old 09 January 2005, 03:34 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Dont confuse what I say with a typical ScoobyNet 'Tory-boy' rant; but surely even a senile old fool can see that the economy has been mis-managed Pete. You cant rely on a well managed economy to win you an election though can you, as it doesnt look nearly as imprsessive as one thats booming.

Simon
Old 09 January 2005, 03:41 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
The fact is that everyone is richer under Labour!

People on here drive £20k cars, live in £300k+ houses, earn at least £35k per annum and STILL moan
20k car bought on finance secured against their house which is worth 300k on paper, but isnt a liquid asset, so could be worth 150k in 2years. Maybe youve not read about consumer debt of £1.1 trillion?

Everyones richer under labour? No, the blind fools FEEL richer under Labour.

Come on Pete, youre either trolling (and lets face it, wouldnt be the first time) or very misguided.
Old 09 January 2005, 04:02 PM
Cyberevo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wide
Dont start me on that I work friggin hard for what I buy. I have also paid into my pension scheme and also transferred my army pension into it. I would have been able to retire at 51 but thanks to this ****e labour government I have had my pension swallowed up in their crap schemes, and now have to work until Im 55. 4 years of pension that wont be coming to me but I will still have to pay into it until Im 55 so they get more money for assylum seekers
I'm not sure how much of the Govenment money actually goes on Assylum seekers, I'd bet more goes on the Chav's and Chavette's who can't be bothered to go out an get a job because they will only be £20-£30 better of per week than the state handout they receive.
Old 09 January 2005, 04:09 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
20k car bought on finance secured against their house which is worth 300k on paper, but isnt a liquid asset, so could be worth 150k in 2years. Maybe youve not read about consumer debt of £1.1 trillion?

Thats called CHOICE!!! Peoples CHOICE!!!

Why does EVERYONE look for someone to blame because they can't run their lives and finances properly???????

Labour have delivered the conditions to become wealthy and prosper - anyone who isn't has missed a golden opportunity - and thats THEIR fault NOT Labours!!

You bunch of moaning nambie pambies! grow up!

Pete
Old 09 January 2005, 04:12 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Oh, yes, immigrants .....................

FACT:- Immigrants pay THREE times as much IN Taxes TO the country as Immigrants TAKE OUT from the country!

Read the papers by all means ............ but, come on, wake up - smell the coffee and stop being led by The Sun, Mirror, Mail and Sport!

Pete
Old 09 January 2005, 04:15 PM
pflowers
Scooby Regular

Why does EVERYONE look for someone to blame because they can't run their lives and finances properly???????

Labour have delivered the conditions to become wealthy and prosper - anyone who isn't has missed a golden opportunity - and thats THEIR fault NOT Labours!!

You bunch of moaning nambie pambies! grow up!

Pete
What do you not understand, its only consumer debt thats keeping this country going, there is no wealth and prosperity, its all on credit cards and loans. If all that was taken away there would be nothing left and the country would go pop.

Low interest rates, high debt, exaggerated wealth due to non realistic house prices, sounds to me like this country is about to go bust. What a fantastic achievement New Labour.
Old 09 January 2005, 04:17 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Ok hes got a point here, everyone whos living beyond their means (and it seems thats a LOT of people) do only really have themselves to blame.

FACT:- Immigrants pay THREE times as much IN Taxes TO the country as Immigrants TAKE OUT from the country!
LOL!! I'd love you to quote a source for that information (and no I dont mean say; "it was in all the papers")
Old 09 January 2005, 04:19 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Maggie Thatcher introduced the country to debt, to buy now fund later, to grab, grab, grab .........

It was always going to take a long time to get the wealth real - Labour are working on it and will have another 5 years to do so .........

Whats wrong with debt anyway?? I have been in debt and its enabled me to turn that debt into wealth ....... those who borrow to buy cars, TV's and trinkets are their own enemy .... nowt to do with the government!!

Pete
Old 09 January 2005, 04:22 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
I'd love you to quote a source for that information (and no I dont mean say; "it was in all the papers")
http://www.population-growth-migrati...migration.html

Pete
Old 09 January 2005, 04:25 PM
pflowers
Scooby Regular

Thats a relevant piece of information, its dated 2002 !

Its 2005 now, time for a new calender I think.
Old 09 January 2005, 04:31 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pflowers
Thats a relevant piece of information, its dated 2002 !

Its 2005 now, time for a new calender I think.
The facts remain ........ those who choose to walk around with eyes shut will NEVER see anything

Pete
Old 09 January 2005, 04:48 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Spot on Pete (the REALLY perceptive Pete that is!!!). If my house was worth half of what it is, my mortgage would be half of what it is (and so would the keeping up repayments stress factor)... Halving it would free up £800+ per month to spend on a pension maybe! [and NO a small semi is NOT an over-aspirational luxury for its 3 inhabitants]

I pity the poor sods who are just turning 20 and thinking of buying a house - what hope have they? Still Labour are creaming the Stamp Duty and likely to blame the free market economy so dont give a damn.

D
Old 09 January 2005, 04:51 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

You can move into a house costing half what yours is worth .......

If your house was worth 1/2 of what it is, on the other hand, you WOULDN'T live there because scum would be there ................ you would buy a house worth TWICE as much (because you can!!) .........

YOUR CHOICE!!!

Pete
Old 09 January 2005, 04:53 PM
andy1505
Scooby Regular

Still have not had my answer on what the tories policy's are? I take it no one really know's(that if Howard knows himself).
Old 09 January 2005, 05:06 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Maybe I 'can' Pete, but it's a TERRIBLE way to spend money. Would rather spend it on a yacht mate
Old 09 January 2005, 05:07 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Apparently, the Policies are being distributed in Brown Paper Envelopes

For those too young to know .... the Tories are the most corrupt party ever invented!!

Pete
Old 09 January 2005, 05:08 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Diesel
Maybe I 'can' Pete, but it's a TERRIBLE way to spend money. Would rather spend it on a yacht mate
Thats called CHOICE!!

As I said before, EVERYONE has a CHOICE ..... the Government produces the conditions, those clever enough adapt and make what they can of it ... those not so clever, COMPLAIN!!

Pete
Old 09 January 2005, 05:12 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andy1505
Still have not had my answer on what the tories policy's are? I take it no one really know's(that if Howard knows himself).
http://www.conservatives.com/tile.do...y.listing.page
Old 09 January 2005, 05:15 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

You dont quite understand that I didnt CHOOSE to have homes end up absurdly overpriced. Doesnt mean I dont need one though...I also have no choice there (although I'm sure you will have a suitable range of other options for me)
Old 09 January 2005, 05:19 PM
antera309
Scooby Regular

I hear both sides of the argument, but I really do resent being locked out of the housing market due to the wildly inflated prices.

Any first-time buyer in the South East needs a £20k bung from Mummy/Daddy or they don't stand a dog in hell's chance. Everyone I know who's bought in the last couple of years all said that it wouldn't have been possible without Daddy's help.

Facing £15k worth of moving in costs (mostly tax) and a £1000 a month mortgage for a two bed flat is just plain silly when the same flat can be rented for £600 per month. Investment? Pah! - The b45tards will take 60% of your house as inheritance tax when you die anyway.

We are all getting stiffed under Labour, big time. When are people gonna wake up and smell the coffee?

Last edited by antera309; 09 January 2005 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09 January 2005, 05:46 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Looks like a case of "you can fool most of the people most of the time"

Quick Reply: House price crash cancelled then, labour have truely fcuked us