Minolta repair, what repair?

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2005, 11:53 AM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Minolta repair, what repair?

Hi All,

Sent my Minolta F100 digital camera away for repair as it developed memory loss issues, forgetting time & date settings when removing the batteries for even short periods of time and having to reset quality of image ETC. This camera has an extended warrenty covered by Domestic & General insurance.

Anyway I got it back from minolta yesterday, unpacked it, and inserted the batteries,set time,date ETC took a couple of shots and then removed the betteries for a min just to see if the fault was still there. Sure enough the same problem occured 'set time & date' on the LCD screen.

It does seem that they have not even opened the camera up or tested it, they sent an invoice with it(which has been paid by D & G insurance)for £91.60p, it also says on it that they have carried out a service and repair, but what repair??

I contacted D & G insurance again last night and they have told me to return the camera back to Minolta for further investigation and hopfully this time a repair, D & G have also sent Minolta an offical compliant as to why the camera has come back to me unrepaired.

This has cost ME so far £9.25 in postage costs as this is NOT covered by the insurance, has anyone else has this experience with Minolta repairs??

Lea