Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

has Nigeria invaded Spain ?

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2005, 10:31 PM
Pistol_Pete
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has Nigeria invaded Spain ?

I got this generous email today. It seems such a great offer that I must email him back, any suggestions and I have already checked out www.419eater.com

Dear Sir/Madam,

How are you? I hope this letter will find you in the best of health. My name is Phill Ebot,from the Ministry of Economy, of the "Spanish Development Commission (Comisión de Desarrollo de la Comunidad)", a subsidiary of the Spanish National Petroleum Corporation (SNPC).Spain is a recent donor and one of the most recent members of the OECD Development Assistance Committee (DAC), which it joined in December 1991. Responsibility for Spanish development cooperation is shared between three Ministries: Economy, Finance, and Foreign Affairs. Together, they manage nearly 80% of Spanish ODA.

The Spanish Development Commission (SDC) was set up by the late Head of State, General Felipe Gonsalez who died on 18th June 1998, to manage the excess revenue accruing from the sales of Petroleum and its allied products as a domestic increase in the petroleum products to develop the communities in the Spanish Oil producing areas. The estimated annual revenue for 1999 was ?45 Billion(US$59,745,043,730.29) Ref. FMF A26 Unit 3B Paragraph "D" of the Auditor General of the Spanish Report of Nov. 1999 on estimated revenue.
I`am actual the President of the Contract Award Committee, and my committee is solely responsible for awaiting and paying of contracts on behalf of the Federal Government of Spain. My Committee Awarded Contracts to foreign contractors for Drilling and Ecological Matters in the oil producing areas of Spain Oil. We overshot the contract sum by ?25,000, 000.00 (US$33,188,973.45). We have paid the contractors and withholding the balance of ?25,000, 000.00 (US$33,188,973.45). But, because of the existence of some of the domestic laws forbidding civil servants in Spain from opening, operating and maintaining foreign accounts, we do not have the expertise to transfer this balance of fund to a foreign account.

However, this balance of ?25,000, 000.00 (US$33,188,973.45) has been secured in form of Credit/Payment to a foreign contractor, hence we wish to transfer into your bank account as the beneficiary of the fund. We have also arrived at a conclusion that you will be given 20% (including all further spends) of the total sum transferred as our foreign partner, while 5% will be reserved for incidental expenses that both parties will incur in the course of actualizing this transaction, and the balance of 75% will be kept for the committee members.

If you know that you will be capable of helping us actualize this transaction, you should send to me immediately the details of your bank particulars or open a new bank account where we can transfer the money ?25,000, 000.00 (US$33,188,973.45), which you will be holding in trust for us until we come to your country for our share. Your nature of business does not matter in this transaction. The required details includes your company's name, address, your private personal telephone/fax numbers, your full name and address, including your complete bank details where the transferred fund will be routed by the Apex Bank.

Note that this transaction is expected to be actualized within 21 working days from the day the required details are forwarded to the Federal Ministry of Finance who will approve the needed foreign exchange control allocation for the release of this money to your account. Please, treat this as top secret. You should contact me urgently.
Thanks for your cooperation.

Yours faithfully,
Phill Ebot

If the money does come through, I'd be happy to share it New scoobies all round ?
Old 05 January 2005, 10:38 PM
Pedro_79
Scooby Regular

What have you got to lose?

It might be genuine.....
Old 05 January 2005, 11:10 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

LOL, I'd love to meet the bloke who writes these.....I'm sure he could tell a few good stories down the local pub
Old 05 January 2005, 11:42 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Well i am glad its just not me then

i have had bloody loads of these in the last week.
Old 06 January 2005, 12:40 AM
julian N/W wrx my93
Scooby Regular

you wanna open a fresh bank accout with a fiver in it and no overdraft etc etc and see what happens!

oh, i'll just have cash instead of a scooby!!!!!!!!!
Old 06 January 2005, 01:41 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

wasnt this guy in charge of some monestry or something as i swear ive heard of his name before. lol!!
Old 06 January 2005, 05:17 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Talking

Seems like the lookie lookie man on the beach has upgraded from cheap and nasty watches/melon slices to a computer.
Old 06 January 2005, 09:15 AM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Just tell him that you're already incredibly wealthy and have no reason to want more money. In fact - you want to give several million pounds away to a good cause and does he have any idea where you should donate it to?