Roadrage tosser

Search this Thread

Old 24 December 2004, 07:12 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roadrage tosser

What is it with some people???!!!

Heading out of Cheltenham this afternoon, along an NSL, uphill the road changes to a 50 and there is a layby on the left. As I approach the layby (with lights on) a tatty Mk3 Golf GTI pulls out infront of me. Rather than brake I decided to sail past (in 6th no need to accelerate, just smoothly past). I pulled in quite a way ahead of him, so definately no cutting up.

Carried on up the hill and thought nothing of it. Caught up with a fiesta doing 30 in the 50. After a while said Golf catches up and goes to about 2 inches behind me and starts leaning over the steering wheel gesticulating. He's wearing a baseball cap and looks quite a big chap - certainly a lot bigger and scarier than me

About 300yrds later we reach my destination (nice pub) and just before I indicate to turn right into the pub he overtakes me on double whites (blind bend ahead), at this point I just assume he is a tit trying to prove something I indicate and turn into the pub. As I do so I see he has rammed on the brakes. Yup - he's only gone and slammed it in reverse.

I fly through the carpark - because I know there is another exit. Out the exit I go and my friend is coming in, he looks a little confused but drives into the pub carpark. I tear-*** off down the hill!!!

2 mins later I get a call from my mate saying "WTF is going on". I explain - and he says the guy asked "where did the blue car go", to which he replied "I saw no blue car". Thug heads off up the hill on his way.

Now it may be that I had my roof down, wearing a santa hat - BUT I most definately did nothing wrong to him - infact he cut ME up and I didn't bat an eyelid - i just passed rather than slamming the brakes on!

Sorry for the rant I just wanted to get it off my chest as I am still a bit annoyed that I didn't fancy stopping at the pub at that and having lovely Gammon
Old 24 December 2004, 07:54 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

what do you drive mate?
Old 24 December 2004, 07:57 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

He probably wanted to see how fast Santa's Sleigh really was!!

Cheers,
Grant
Old 24 December 2004, 07:57 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Honda S2000. Did have an MY00 turbo before tho, and there will be more scoobs in the future
Old 24 December 2004, 07:58 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RS Grant
He probably wanted to see how fast Santa's Sleigh really was!!

Cheers,
Grant
LOL Shame rudolf wasn't there to kick him in the head!
Old 24 December 2004, 08:00 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Wink

Door pocket, visit to Calais, Can of Mace, end of story

Alcazar
Old 24 December 2004, 10:01 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

I believe the spray stuff used for marking sheep can be very good and is often to be found in the door pockets of people who may keep sheep, or may have recently helped mates with their sheep.

It is available in a wide range of fetching colours and once applied to a sheep they can spend a whole winter on the hill in rain and wind and it doesn't wash off.

Of course the only reason you could possibly be carrying such a thing in your car would be to mark sheep but in a self defence situation it might be the only thing that came to hand, officer.

Trending Topics

Old 24 December 2004, 11:38 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

I am liking that idea.

I often find the oven cleaner can falls out of the carrier bag & ends up next to my fire extinguisher under the seat.Its the one thats highly caustic & will strip the enamel off your baking tray if not rinsed off pretty damn quick.Useful if you want a facial skin peel to get rid of wrinkles.
Old 25 December 2004, 12:07 AM
MarfGTti
Scooby Regular

Same thing happened to me a coupla weeks back, I'm doing the speed limit(40) and this guy in a Freelander just pulls out of a junction just up ahead on my left without looking or stopping.

It was wet so if i'd jumped on the brakes I would have gone up the back of him, so I sailed round him, like you in top gear not having to accelerate.

I carry on, over a roundabout and pull up to a red light at a pair of lanes feeding into one, he roars up beside me winds down the window and goes mental, ****** gesture, do you want some etc etc. Had the doors locked and wasnt gonna wind down the window so just tryed my best to ignore him and drove on, quickly.

Tosser, I avoid an accident and he goes mental.
Old 25 December 2004, 04:05 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Guys, people just dont need reasons these days, unfortunatly its the times we live in. You can either ignore it and maybe get a kicking, or respond in an aggressive manner back instantly and this knocks them onto the back foot straight away giving you time to drive on and them to reflect on their behavour unless they do actually get out then you are in trouble. lol!!!
Old 25 December 2004, 04:41 AM
IbizaFR
Scooby Regular

Glad to see everyone is in the Festive spirit.

I have done that a few times, where someone pulls out a junction far too late - just change lanes and cruise by rather than slamming the brakes. It is annoying when they get offended particularly as you werent speeding they just were not paying attention. The fact that you have to take evasive action, changing speed - overtaking due to their actions means they were in the wrong. but... there would be no explaining that to them.

I think I would just loose them rather than defend/fight/kill them, hopefully not through a speed camera.
Old 25 December 2004, 09:35 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Talking

Now it may be that I had my roof down, wearing a santa hat
Maybe he was homophobic
Old 25 December 2004, 12:51 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
Maybe he was homophobic
well it is a hairdresser's car
Old 26 December 2004, 12:42 AM
andyr
Scooby Regular

Had similar : few years ago I overtook a car on a NSL road at 60ish, nothing wrong with the manoever, drove on towards a village - I then lowed to 30 as I entered it (was signed as a 30 limit)
Carried on at 30mph then the guy that I passed before the village rushes past me only to brake hard and he blocked me in and got out of his car to argue the toss about : "Why did I overtake and then slow down so much"
Once out of the village he drove just fast enough that although I could have passed him I felt he'd probably try to knock me off the road.
Obviously what I should have done was drive at 50mph in the NSL area and at 50mph in the village : idiot, not much you can really do in these situations but try to keep your cool.
Old 26 December 2004, 05:55 AM
Mr Sympathy
Scooby Regular

Cool

Whats all that business about sheep spray?

What you need is a smoker who likes their hair neat!! What I hear you say?

Guy approaches window, if bigger than me (6ft 2ins, 18 stone, i.e. not often) stay in car, open window a little, hairspray in door pocket to connect with angry face at partially open window, it stings a lot, if that doesn't do the trick then take disposable lighter sat next to it and connect two together, worked wonders when we played this game at school. Just hope for no witnesses or him remembering your registration. aggressor will probably retract at this point.

If you have the means to find out where he lives an old battery (scrapyard..a fiver) left on his roof in the middle of the night with some of the plugs ever so slightly undone will ram the message home.

Of course I do not condone nor have ever used (sic) these methods, I just wanted a rant on what I would have liked to do in the same circumstance.
Old 26 December 2004, 11:21 AM
DaviesL
Scooby Newbie

[QUOTE=Mr Sympathy]

Guy approaches window, if bigger than me (6ft 2ins, 18 stone, i.e. not often) stay in car, open window a little, hairspray in door pocket to connect with angry face at partially open window, it stings a lot, if that doesn't do the trick then take disposable lighter sat next to it and connect two together, worked wonders when we played this game at school. Just hope for no witnesses or him remembering your registration. aggressor will probably retract at this point.
[QUOTE]

all i can think about is me being the person in the car behind, seeing a great flame flying out of your car getting the ranting tosser
Old 26 December 2004, 05:14 PM
Aaquil
Scooby Regular

18 Stone 6ft 2ins...Bloody Nora...Damn right not often!!!