Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Mobile Phone Advice Please

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2004, 12:10 PM
Huge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mobile Phone Advice Please

Right, I've little knowledge of current phones / tariffs but am sure that I ought to be getting a better deal than I currently am from my network Orange.

Existing phone is a Samsung N620 (basic! ) but I would prefer something with a few more features (camera, Blue Tooth, tri-band, colour screen....).

Only drawback is that I don't want to pay anything for the phone!

To make matters more complicated I want to move to a better pre-pay tariff (can't remember which Orange one I'm on but it has relatively few free minutes and no inclusive texts)!

Can anyone offer me some sensible advice? eg how should I hassle Orange for a better deal (VERY longstanding, and previously undemanding customer!).I can't be bothered to trawl through all the possible combinations myself!

Hugh
Old 21 December 2004, 12:18 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

D500 on 200 anytime minutes and choose a text bundle....

http://www.mobiles4everyone.com/disp...p?handset=d500

look here for good deals on this handset. Use those as a guide as what to expect from Orange.
Old 21 December 2004, 12:19 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

we use mobile phone centre for work phones. they have always said that new customers are offered much better deals than existing as the phone companies rely on people not wanting to change provider and being unsure about how they go about porting their existing number. was with orange, now with vodafone. free k700i and better coverage. not sure what tariff we're on, but it can't hurt to ask a dealer what they would recommend for you. whatever they say, you're not obliged to do the deal with them.
Old 21 December 2004, 12:20 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,

I believe you may be on a Boxed'n'Ready prepay package which I thought was discontinued several years ago However, it may be one that not's an official orange prepay and instead your dealer has put one together for you.

As you're on a contract, even though it is pre-pay you may want to call up Orange on 150 and go thru to the disconnections option and say you are leaving because you've been offered a better package elsewhere - this should do the trick.

Alternatively, if you're not worried about losing the phone number, just simply disconnect existing line and take out a new package

I've been in phones for years and my experience is that although T-Mobile have good value tariffs, their network is cr@p ! Use Orange's OVP to price-match a tariff you feel is suitable on another network !

Hope I've been of help,

Jai