Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

2.7M People on Incapacity Benefit

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2004, 12:05 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2.7M People on Incapacity Benefit

Makes you think - doesn't it? No wonder unemployment figures are so low...
Old 15 December 2004, 12:07 PM
Pastor
BANNED

How does one get on this gravytrain? I'm a workshy layabout so any tips would be appreciated.
Old 15 December 2004, 12:12 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My son appears to be incapable of working. Can he benefit also?
Old 15 December 2004, 12:13 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pastor
How does one get on this gravytrain? I'm a workshy layabout so any tips would be appreciated.
Here's an example (taken from my own experience):

Y has a job. Y is then involved in a car crash, and sustains injuries. Y takes time off work. Y starts to file a personal injury claim against the insurers of whoever's car he was in at the time of the accident. Y is off sick for so long, in the interests of furthering his claim, that his SSP runs out (26 weeks). Y's employer throws up their hands and says WTF am I supposed to do now? Y's employer gets some DSS forms, fills them in, and now Y has joined the ranks of the "incapacitated".
Old 15 December 2004, 12:20 PM
thundertiger
Scooby Regular

...and gets a likkle orange sticker for the scoob along with free congestion charge access??

blimey, i'm gonna slam my brakes on in front of an artic tonight (in the rain)

see you at the post office!!

BB
Old 15 December 2004, 12:20 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Dont forget they're a important part of the economy. They receive £138bn per year - which is more than is spent on law & order, defence, debt interest, industry, agriculture, employment initiatives, housing, environment and transport ....

PUT TOGETHER!!!

Old 15 December 2004, 12:22 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Pastor
In one episode of The Simpsons Homer managed it by becoming clinically obese (300lb+) Dr Nick: "Don't chew gum, chew bacon"
Old 15 December 2004, 12:22 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

2.7 million, thats a pretty big percentage of the amount of people of working age.

Personally I know of several people in their 20's who have managed to get on this gravy train. They all live in a flat together and seem to spend their lives getting up at 2PM and smoking dope all day. None of them have ever worked a day in their lives and are highly unlikely to ever do so. One of them has a slightly dodgy knee (They don't need sticks to walk or anything) and the other one apparently has depression.

Add onto this the free accomodation and the (brand new) motability car and you start to wonder if there is any point working.
Old 15 December 2004, 12:25 PM
thundertiger
Scooby Regular

in the interests of scoobynet, can we now refer to this as the "Bisto express"

Cheers

Dazza
Old 15 December 2004, 12:38 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

actually its been about 2.7 million since 1995 with a dip to 2.6 million in the late 90's....
Old 15 December 2004, 01:04 PM
ocean
Scooby Regular

Most of that 2.7 million are workshy, grasping scum who drain our taxes away. Professional sick pay scroungers and malingerers. You 'll find they all smoke loads of **** and guzzle booze all day at our expense.

Bring back National Service for these asthenic arseholes is what I say.
Old 15 December 2004, 01:32 PM
johnalexander
Scooby Newbie

You 'll find they all smoke loads of **** and guzzle booze all day at our expense.
At least HMG is getting some tax dollars back then............
Old 15 December 2004, 01:33 PM
VTEC to Turbo
Scooby Regular

So if you have a dodgy knee/back or whatever it happens to be, you can't get to work and sit in an office chair moving a mouse around all day or work in a call centre!

Takes the pi55. All benifits should be for a limited time of say 6 months, if you can't get a job try harder or starve, simple!

Didn't have handouts like this is the 40's - people managed then! just! but why should a 3rd of my pay packet go to pay for someone else widescreen tv?
Old 15 December 2004, 01:35 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Group buy on whiplash injuries?

Old 15 December 2004, 03:01 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ocean
Most of that 2.7 million are workshy, grasping scum who drain our taxes away. Professional sick pay scroungers and malingerers. You 'll find they all smoke loads of **** and guzzle booze all day at our expense.

Bring back National Service for these asthenic arseholes is what I say.
You really are stupid arent you?
Old 15 December 2004, 03:13 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

I think that there is some confusion here (and a lot stupidity); Incapacity Benefit has nothing to do with wheelchairs, orange badges and for most people its ony 25p more than JSA.
Old 15 December 2004, 03:24 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Typical tar them with the same brush Scoobynet attitude.
I'm on Incapacity Benefit - I don't take any of the £60 a week I'm due, I just get my NI paid. I've woked for 30years without being unemployed and have paid enough tax in that time to fund a small country. I own my house, pay all my bills including community tax and recieve nothing off the state. My wife works full time.
Oh and the reason I'm on Incapacity Benefit is I suffer from kidney problems which means I'm on painkillers all the time(and I don't mean aspirin). I'm due to go into hospital for either denervation or removal of the kidney.
So take your generalisations and stick them.
Rant over
Alas
Old 15 December 2004, 03:28 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alas
Typical tar them with the same brush Scoobynet attitude.
ok - let's start a new thread

2,699,999 people on incapacity benefit.
Old 15 December 2004, 03:31 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

ex mrs mum was on disability
had to walk with a stick, got a new motability car every year, orange/blue badge, cash and all the rest of it

She had hurt her back at work (fell down allegedly) and couldnt work..

Funny that- she managed to do a bit of part time cleaning cash in hand, and use a computer and sit on her *** all day no problem...... why she couldnt continue doing her job (was a receptionist type job which funnily enough involved sitting on her *** all day and using a computer) is beyond me

Scrounging fat wench

Obviously there are genuine cases- and thats fair enough. no problem with that at all.
Old 15 December 2004, 03:32 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ProperCharlie
ok - let's start a new thread

2,699,999 people on incapacity benefit.
No m8 - its 2.7 million as I qualify for it but just don't take it:
Alas
Old 15 December 2004, 03:44 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Alas - I wasn't having a go at 'deserving' cases - just cases like Freak mentions. I alos know someone who is off work with a *bad back* and on incapacity benefit but is quite able to drive wherever he likes and walk around town visiting pubs all night .....

Oh, and all those poor dears off with *stress or stress related* problems ..... a swift kick up the **** and told to get back to work would be the best treatment .....

Dave
No probs m8 - I know I'm daft not taking the money but its so that I can tell people that have a pop at me where to go and I can feel righteously superior
Old 15 December 2004, 04:26 PM
ocean
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
You really are stupid arent you?
Stupid, maybe, but I earn a very good salary through very hard work. Just don't like my taxes squandered on the feckless.
Old 15 December 2004, 04:54 PM
tmo
Scooby Regular

Guy very "local" to me is on it.
Limps like a good en with his stick.... poor lad. His back is apparently in his words “shot”

But come night time or when he's in his back garden, my my what a transformation, no limp and has the amazing ability to carry large heavy objects at will … quite amazing.
Must be something to do with sunlight or something
Old 15 December 2004, 04:59 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

love to know what proportion are suffering from depression ......and how its defined...
Old 15 December 2004, 05:07 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
I think that there is some confusion here (and a lot stupidity); Incapacity Benefit has nothing to do with wheelchairs, orange badges and for most people its ony 25p more than JSA.
But what it does mean is that you can live the rest of your life on benefits without having to ever even pretend to look for a job. I suppose you don't even need to bother signing on every two weeks either (Bang out of order that some of the signing on appointments are in the morning)

I was made redundant from my last job and decided out of principle to sign on straight away. I am a homeowner and have never been unemployed before and I was entitled to just over £50 a week. How am I supposed to live on that? How come I have worked my whole life and get £50 a week and others who have never worked get given hundreds of pounds a week?

Plus there wasn't even anywhere at the dole office to park my convertible.
Old 15 December 2004, 06:50 PM
imi
Scooby Regular

Honestly guys....what with this anyway...the government obviously know whats going on but they let it be...why is that? what benefit is it for them to turn a blind eye to this problem?

Maybe we are just muppets for paying 40% of our wages to these parasites (parasites - referring to the non-genuine cases).

I can see why asylum seekers want to come over to our holiday island
Old 15 December 2004, 07:00 PM
ThrustSSC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JoeyDeacon
But what it does mean is that you can live the rest of your life on benefits without having to ever even pretend to look for a job. I suppose you don't even need to bother signing on every two weeks either (Bang out of order that some of the signing on appointments are in the morning)

I was made redundant from my last job and decided out of principle to sign on straight away. I am a homeowner and have never been unemployed before and I was entitled to just over £50 a week. How am I supposed to live on that? How come I have worked my whole life and get £50 a week and others who have never worked get given hundreds of pounds a week?

Plus there wasn't even anywhere at the dole office to park my convertible.
I hear you. I got laid off. I got the grand sum of £22.74 for the 5 weeks I was without work. Then they taxed it. What was left didn't cover my petrol to go 40 miles to Banbury and back to sign on...
Old 15 December 2004, 07:05 PM
ThrustSSC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by imi
Honestly guys....what with this anyway...the government obviously know whats going on but they let it be...why is that? what benefit is it for them to turn a blind eye to this problem?

Maybe we are just muppets for paying 40% of our wages to these parasites (parasites - referring to the non-genuine cases).

I can see why asylum seekers want to come over to our holiday island
Because, if they don't prop up the spongers like this, they'll all:

1) Go on JSA instead and the jobless figures will skyrocket, putting all of New Liar out of their jobs
2) Break into our houses (armed, of course) and nick our nice cars

My bro is on Incapacity Benefit. He hates being on it. He also hates being so sick he's unable to function as a human being most of the time. I hate worrying about him calling it a day and topping himself. Both of us hate the spongers who make the whole scheme so expensive that society can't properly support the genuinely needy who are unable to do extra work for cash-in-hand.

Quick Reply: 2.7M People on Incapacity Benefit