Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Fathers 4 justice notts

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2004, 06:32 PM
Mk2_heaven
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Fathers 4 justice notts

Came round onto the circuit today and there was santa with a purple flag and a banner atop the link bridge between broadmarsh carpark and the broadmarsh centre, dunno how long he was up there for ?
but top job fella
Old 10 December 2004, 06:40 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

lol
its in tonights nottm evening post.

FILL ME IN on this....Are these fathers wanting access to childen as they wern't married to the woman...so have no 'real' rights to access?

Phil
Old 10 December 2004, 06:43 PM
Mk2_heaven
Scooby Regular

just seen it on the news too yea basically fathers right to see their kids such as after divorce too when they get like an hour a month access
Old 10 December 2004, 07:13 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Pretty much as said above - as the current legal system assume that custody is automatically given to the mother and in extreme cases where the mother is a complete biatch will deny fair access out of court and DSS. In which case the courts and DSS allow the father some stupidly small amount (like one hour every month etc) of time to see there children....yet usually still have to pay a large chunk of their wages in maintanence

They are campaigning for a good cause for a very large number of affected parents. They have all my support

Thankfully when my rents divorced there was no need to arrange access rights. Access was all agreed amicably outside of court and no need for DSS. Unlike other families where no sensible or fair dialogue can be created and children get used as pawns.
Old 10 December 2004, 10:17 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by salsa-king
lol
its in tonights nottm evening post.

FILL ME IN on this....Are these fathers wanting access to childen as they wern't married to the woman...so have no 'real' rights to access?

Phil

Phil, you don't have to marry the biatch to have "REAL" rights to see your kids every father HAS rights, its just depends on wether or not they excerise those rights, some do and some ar$eholes don't
Old 10 December 2004, 10:24 PM
wah
Scooby Regular

Location: Stockport Cheshire Xbox Gamertag: Scooby WRX SMACS Member

Sorry but these tw@ts really p1ss me off
Old 11 December 2004, 02:01 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

I can only assume that Rt Hon David Blunkett MP will now view these mens plight with a little more sympathy

Trending Topics

Old 11 December 2004, 02:31 PM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
I can only assume that Rt Hon David Blunkett MP will now view these mens plight with a little more sympathy
Very good point, hadn't thought of that he should........
Old 11 December 2004, 02:41 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know

I believe that unmarried fathers have less rights than if they were married to the mother to begin with. We have a friend in this situation and it will cost him thousands in solicitors fees which he can't really afford. He has to hope the mother is in a good mood in order for him to see the children.
Old 11 December 2004, 03:04 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by scoob_babe
I believe that unmarried fathers have less rights than if they were married to the mother to begin with. We have a friend in this situation and it will cost him thousands in solicitors fees which he can't really afford. He has to hope the mother is in a good mood in order for him to see the children.
this is what i seem to have understood... hance 'most' of the FFJ were 'partners' and wanted rights the same as if they had been married.

I understand the point if your child has a mother from hell who makes life very difficult for the father!!!! CSA will love these

Phil
Old 11 December 2004, 03:19 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know

okay, we only get one side of the story (his) obviously but the mother has now refused to speak to him and our friend has got to talk to her boyfriend about access. Why, we have no idea, he is nothing to do with this. She has also told him that if he wants to speak to the kids, he has to buy them mobile phones as she doesn't want him calling the house (joint names so its half his anyway!!). The kids are 4 years old and 18 months old so not exactly old enough for mobile phones
Old 11 December 2004, 05:00 PM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wah
Sorry but these tw@ts really p1ss me off
Why?
Old 11 December 2004, 05:11 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Now I could be wrong but I believe the father has NO rights to see his child. I think in these cases it's the child's right to see it's father that's being suppressed. This is certainly what the solicitor told me when I separated from my ex.
Old 11 December 2004, 05:25 PM
wah
Scooby Regular

Because they are the sort of fathers that walk out and leave their children then years on think they should start to be some kind of a father to the child.

Anyone can be a father but it takes someone special to be a daddy !!!!
Old 11 December 2004, 05:37 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by wah
Because they are the sort of fathers that walk out and leave their children then years on think they should start to be some kind of a father to the child.

Anyone can be a father but it takes someone special to be a daddy !!!!
Mate, unless you've been there I don't think that's fair. I was destroyed when I left my wife and 18 month old girl. There were no third parties involved, no affairs, nothing like that. I was fed up of mental and to a lesser degree, physical abuse. There was no way I could or should put up with any more. I've seen my daughter every week since then, even now that I'm living/working near Leeds and she's in Southampton. I do the best part of 600 miles every sunday to see her. She's ten now and I'm very much her daddy. Our relationship could not be better.
Old 11 December 2004, 05:47 PM
wah
Scooby Regular

I have been there and still am my wife had to give up one of her son's as it was the only way her ex would leave the house and everyday she regrets it I live with the other son who is now 5 and calls me daddy he has been told he is special and has two daddys, but that didn't stop his biological father telling him he shouldn't call me that but should call me by my real name, we have been dragged through court thanks to this pr1ck various times as thats his only way of dealing with things he can not sit and talk things out, the last one cost us close to 2k and that was because he wouldn't go to medeation to sort out why the son was always upset / bedwetting and very clingy when ever he was going and had been back from his house hold.
Old 11 December 2004, 05:49 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Life sucks sometimes. I'm not going to deny there's all sorts out there, some good, some bad. I hope I'm one of the good ones.

Maybe knowing what you go through I can sympathise with what you said, I just feel it was a little general.

All the best mate. Hope you all manage to have a good Christmas despite the jerk.
Old 11 December 2004, 05:59 PM
wah
Scooby Regular

Yeah damn right we are going to have a good Christmas mate hope you do to !!!!

I just feel that chaining yourself to things just makes you look like a prize tosser just get on with your life and sort things out rather than disrupting others
Old 11 December 2004, 06:23 PM
DocJock
Scooby Regular

Good points, but some of these guys have been through the legal route and their exes are just flagrantly ignoring court stipulated access arrangments.

If you or I ignored a court order (such as a driving ban) we'd be locked up faster than you could blink.
Old 13 December 2004, 07:07 AM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

good points made
Old 13 December 2004, 10:08 AM
blueone
Scooby Regular

At the moment any man who has children when not married has no automatic parental responsibility, if he wants this in law then he has to apply to the court with his partner’s permission for this to be granted. If how ever he marries the mother after the child is born and he is named on the birth certificate then he automatically receives parental responsibility. Family law is very Matriarchal in its conception and subsequent application, with in most cases being that on a split up what is in the mothers best interest is automatically perceived to be in the Childs best interest. This leads to many women claiming rightly or wrongly that it is upsetting for them to have to engage with their former partner when they want to see their kids. So the courts often only allow the Dads despite no fault of their own, to be allowed to see their children for an hour a week under supervised conditions.
From my own point of view I have told my children not to call their Mums boyfriend by anything other than his first name as I am their Dad and not their Mothers current favourite flavour. I reiterate time and time again to my children that no matter what he says or does he never will be their Dad and they are not to call him this. This is his second ready made family he has acquired and going by his past actions he will move on once the children are grown up and he can no longer 'play' at being a daddy any more or when he realises that I will never walk away from them. I think he is probably infertile hence why no kids of his own and why he goes for women who already have them.